All reviewspark and flywafflesthe shuttle driverfamily vacationfront desk stafftwin citiesgreat parkclean roomsgas stationbiscuits and gravynice stayfree breakfastdefinitely stay here againclose to the airporttubsmallflight
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed here from July 22- July 24 in a 2 queen bed suite. It was spacious for the 6 of us and we enjoyed our stay here. However, that being said our room was not ready until almost 3:30 PM and when the front desk changeover occurred, they never bothered to talk to each other about us waiting to get into our room. (We were sitting in the lobby right next to the desk) The pool area was clean, but we had to always go and ask for pool towels. Breakfast was decent and the staff was all very friendly. Overall, we would stay here again because it was a good price to fit all of us!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
peggymurray, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Eagan, MN, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to apologize for the issues that you had at the hotel. We are so sorry that there was not proper communication to let you know when your room was ready. We are going to make sure that we all communicate better between shifts. We have also ordered more pool towels to ensure that we do not run out in the pool area. We thank you so much for staying with us and we really hope you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here recently during a family vacation to the Mall of America. The rooms were very spacious. I was traveling with my husband, two kids, and my mother. We got a Queen Suite - it had two queen beds and a sofa sleeper. There was also a fridge and microwave in the room. The suite was quite large - could have easily fit a hide a bed and some air mattresses on the floor.

Staff at the hotel were very helpful anytime we needed anything. We were looking for coupons to Mall of Ameria attractions. There was a computer in the lobby we could search from and they allowed us to print out the coupons and even made copies for another family we were traveling with.

Pool was standard size for a Country Inn. Not huge but not so tiny you feel clausterphobic. One night we came back to the hotel late and the kids wanted to swim - a sign had been posted on the door that the pool was going to close a little early (10pm) that night instead of the normal 11pm due to maintenance. Front desk didn't hesitate to go ahead and let the kids swim when they saw their disappointed faces when we got to the pool area and saw the sign about it closing a little early that night.

Breakfast included usual suspects - make your own Belgian waffles, cereals, muffins, rolls, yogurt. I was a little disappointed because it did not have as much selection as other country inns we have stayed at. Plus the breakfast area was super tiny and the setup of the room is really poorly designed - the place where you have to pick up food is around a kitchen island area and it would be so crowded in that small space.

Overall we would definitely come back though for the spacious, clean rooms, and helpful staff.

FYI There is also a McDonalds and gas station right across the street from the hotel. Only about a 10 minute drive to the mall.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Back2Iowa
peggymurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Eagan, MN, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thank you so much for writing a review about our hotel. We are so glad that you had a pleasant experience while you were here. We would like to let you know that we are currently looking into new layout options for out breakfast area. We do understand that during the busy summer season it gets quite difficult to maneuver around the island. We hope we get to see you again if you should come back to the area and thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed April 1, 2011

I was impressed from the first gentleman that checked me in the evening of the 24th. He was very courteous and informative. He advised that earlier that day one of the boilers broke, so there may be a hot water shortage (which we ended up not encountering :-) ) . He also held the door open for us as we hauled in our luggage.

Both mornings the ladies working the breakfast area were fantastic! They did their job cheerfully and went above and beyond. The first morning I overheard another customer asking questions regarding ingredients because she had allergies. The hotel associate was very helpful and friendly while answering the questions. The next morning the breakfast area was very busy, yet the lady did a fabulous job of keeping things stocked and cleaned up. The manager ended up opening a meeting room to accommodate guests. They also had a great variety of breakfast choices.

While observing all the employees I saw during my stay, from the front desk clerks, to the housekeepers, to the maintenance man, to the breakfast associates, EVERYBODY seemed to take pride in their work, and doing their best the first time. Unfortunately, you don't see that as much these days. Needless to say, I was very impressed.

We had 2 rooms. My husband and I were in a King Whirlpool suite and my MIL and children were in a Queen Studio room. The rooms were HUGE! They were both very clean, updated and the beds were comfortable. My husband fell in love with the pillows! :-)

I am a travel agent, so I will be recommending your hotel to anybody I know passing your way. Also, I will definitely make plans to stay there again when in the area!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2011

We stayed at this location for two nights. We had booked our rooms through a special promotion that I received via email as a Gold Points member. When we made the reservation, we asked about the chance of an upgrade, and were told to be sure to ask as the hotel had ample rooms available that weekend. Upon check-in, we were greeted by a very nice young lady, who was in training, and the experienced desk clerk. The trainee, a very friendly and welcoming person, began our check-in process, but when I asked about the chances of getting an upgrade, she asked if we would mind waiting a moment because she had never done one. When she turned us over to the experienced clerk, she told him we had asked about an upgrade and he said, "That shouldn't be a problem, let's get you checked in." After giving our name, the first question we were asked by the experienced desk clerk was, "So you're with Access Development?" to which I responded no. Next question, asked rudely, "Well then why does it say that on your reservation?" Realizing what Access Development was, I explained to the experienced clerk that I had made the reservations through a special promotion that I received via email as a Gold Points member. Next question, asked even more rudely, "How did you do that, we aren't Access Development?" I again pointed out that I made the reservation through a special promotion that I received via email as a GoldPoints member and added that I had done so through the 800 number and maybe he should call them and check on it. I think at this time the experienced clerk realized what was going on and checked us in. I don't know what his problem was, why he grew increasingly rude with us. Everyone in our party was very friendly and kind toward both desk clerks, so his rudeness toward us was certainly not deserved. I asked again about an upgrade. Experienced clerk told me that at this extremely low rate...(35% off) there was no way he could possibly give us an upgrade. I then commented that the agent who made our reservation had told us to ask about an upgrade at check-in and never said anything about the rate excluding upgrades. Experienced clerk then said, "Well there's no way I can give you an upgrade when that's the rate you're paying." I asked if we could at least be close or in an adjoining room to the other party we were traveling with. We were told they had no adjoining rooms available, but we could be on the same floor. We finished the check-in process. I thanked the clerk for his time, wished the trainee well in her new job and headed to our room. Upon entering our room, we were surprised at how dark, stuffy, and uninviting it was. As I checked out the room before we took anything off the cart...as I always do....I noticed a dirty towel hanging on the tub faucet. Wanting to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt, I called down to the front desk and asked if there should be a towel hanging on the tub faucet. Experienced clerk told me yes. I clarified my question and asked more specifically, " There is what looks like a dirty towel hanging on the tub faucet. I have never seen one there in any other hotel we have ever stayed at. Is it supposed to be there or did housekeeping miss it?" Angrily, experienced clerk told me no, it shouldn't be there. I requested a different room because I didn't feel comfortable in that room, and was told to come back to the front desk. When I arrived at the front desk I apologized for the inconvenience and joked with the clerks about it. When I got back upstairs, experienced clerk had put us in a ridiculously small room, at least 2/3 the size of the one we had been in. You could barely walk around the beds and we didn't even have room to pull the luggage cart near the bed. On top of that, the white comforters were covered in yellow stains and absolutely disgusting. I can't believe anyone would find that acceptable. At this point I was ready to blow. Another member of our party went back to the front desk to request a room change to which experienced clerk replied, " This is the going to be the last time I'm moving you! So are they up there dirtying up the room or will I be able to resell it!?" Our third room was the same size as our original room, but still dark, stuffy, and uninviting. The comforters were cleaner, but still stained. I called down to the front desk and thanked the experienced clerk for the room and again apologized for the inconvenience. I also told him that we left the other two rooms exactly as we had found them. All we did was wait in the entry area, but I would be happy to go with him if he wanted to check them out to see if he could resell them. He laughed and said there was no need. I should point out not once, did he ever apologize to me for the nastiness at check-in, the dirty towel, the downgraded room, or the hassle of moving three times! He never, ever apologized for anything! I would also like to point out that the other party we were traveling with was put in one room of a set of adjoining rooms, and no one ever stayed in the other adjoining room throughout our stay. The stained comforters and rude clerk were not the only drawbacks of this hotel. The air blew out warm and the fan setting did not work. To bring fresh air into the room, we had to open the window. Finally the next morning, a small amount of cool air was coming out of the air conditioner, so we left it on to maintain the temperature of the room. When we returned that night, housekeeping had turned the heat on high and had turned the thermostat all the way to the hottest setting possible! WHY!!!!! I also want to warn about the mold and dirt on the drapes, the peeling wallpaper, and the dirty walls. I do want to add though that the beds were comfortable and the breakfast attendant was amazing! She was hardworking, extremely friendly and she did an excellent job keeping the breakfast items stocked and the breakfast area clean. We also found the morning desk clerk, Travis, to be very helpful and friendly. My recommendation is to avoid this hotel. The negatives far outweigh any positives. We enjoy staying in Eagan whenever we travel to the Twin Cities and have stayed at many hotels there. If you're planning to stay in Eagan, there are far nicer hotels to choose from.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RoadTrip4
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Two nights full of minor and major complaints in a King Suite room.
After our first night, the bed was extremely hard and the cracked ceiling in the bathroom dripped water on our heads. The staff (including assistant manager) were baffled at our discovery, but offered to switch our room. I asked if the beds were different in different rooms and they answered they were all the same. They then offered to put another pillow cover on our bed. (not sure if this would do any good) My finace convinced me to stay due to travel time and we were disappointing again.
The following night we wanted to relax and watch a new movie we had just bought, but the DVD player in the room didn't work. The front desk didn't have any spare and said all the rooms were booked so they can't take one from another room. (by the way the extra pillow topper didn't help the hard bed)

To top the weekend off, we were awaken by someone with a key card unlocking the deadbolt and opening the door to get into our room at 7:30 am Sunday morning (I luckily put the door stop on to prevent anyone from entering while we were sleeping, thank God.) We called the front desk immediately and asked if there was any reason someone would try to enter our room at 7:30 am and they said it might have been a cleaning person thinking we had checked out. (by the way check out is at 12:00pm for this hotel and we were informed the night before that all rooms were booked). At the front desk, we asked about it again and they said all the staff who had keys did not try to enter our room. This of course raised my concern because,if it wasn't staff, then who was it.

... after all this was presented to the clerk, we waited over 2 hours for them to contact a manager while they continuously asked if we would like to leave and they would call us. After the Policeman showed up, due to my concern of break-ins, they finally reached the manager on the phone, used a door scanner that didn't work (showed times of scan only not times of entry - confirmed by policeman), told us sorry, ran our cc for around $250.00 (2 nights king suite) and ASKED us to leave. When i said sorry wasn't good enough, they said I was trying to manipulate them and TOLD us to leave.... (we wanted to stay downtown St. Paul for the concert, but all hotels were booked bc of the concert, tournament, and Winter festival.) (I will never plan late again.)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple