“Hit and Miss”

Add it.
Zest Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've been to Zest three times. I've had great service every time, but the food has been hit and miss. I LOVE their chicken wild rice soup. Absolutely delicious. I do believe that for the price, it should come with a piece of bread as versus the saltine crackers. My husband also loves their burgers, but I find the sandwiches to be a bit...weird, maybe? They are very big and blah..

Reviewed September 23, 2012

First time at Zest, I really liked it. We have been to the old tired bar, down the street many times. It was the only place to go on that corner for way to long. Glad we had the chance for a change.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Have been to Zest 3 times. Twice the service was awful and the food was okay. Last time went for an early dinner and we were the only table. The bartender was the hostess and waitress as well. She was wonderful, but had too many things to do. She had 3 customers at the bar and was engaged in lively conversation with the men. Our food was good. However, we would never make a special trip or go out of our way to eat here. It is very close to our house - that is the only reason we would ever return. I wish it would get better, but don't think this place will last.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

After telling our waitress that the restaurant was disorganized and service was bad, she agreed and went over to what appeared to be one of the owners. I told him we had visited the restaurant 3 other times and the service had not changed. He asked me what I did for a living and when I told him, he walked away. i have worked for the same company for 30 years as a customer service manager but I guess I was not worthy of his time. Mary

2  Thank MaryEagan162
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have eaten at Zest twice. Our first time was by accident. We happened to show up the Thursday prior to Christmas on the night of their soft opening. The decor was non descript. We had the Minnesota Egg Rolls, stuffed with walleye and wildrice, which were delicious. We also had a basic pasta dish. The pasta was cooked al dente. The red sauce was flavorful, but the quantity placed on top of the pasta was too much.

We had lunch on Father's day and ate outside on the patio. Tables are comfortable and nicely spaced so you don't feel like you are part of your neighbor's conversation. My husband had a salad with ahi tuna. The presentation of the salad was just ok, kind of small in size and the amount of tuna was pretty sad for $13. I ordered a side salad for $5 which was the same size as my husband's entree! I also ordered the walleye fingers which were nicely battered and served with tasty fries (this is listed as an appetizer, but could be a lunch entree). $13 vs. $13.... my lunch was definitely the better deal.

Drink prices are on the steeper side, but some of their wines are priced consistently with other area restaurants. My husband had a bloody mary made with their own house mix which he said was very good. They also offered a bloody mary bar where they pour the booze and you can season it to your liking. I had a mojito which was too sweet and the mint could have been crushed better.

As for service, our waitress was top notch so management has the training down in that department.

We will be back simply because of its location. I would like to try one of their dinner entrees are stop by for happy hour and try a different appetizer. The final verdict is still out for us.