Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed September 26, 2012

It was satisfactory for what I needed the room for. It was a simple stay. Internet wasn't that strong.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed September 3, 2012

After being in the Twin Cities for a few days, I have learned that a name brand means nothing here. This is the second name brand hotel I stayed at the was the worst I have seen in both brands ever before. While the outside of this hotel looks good, the inside is dirty and worn. The walls look like wild beasts have romped and rubbed against the walls in the hallways and by the elevators. Also worn and dirty love seats adorn the areas by the elevators. Gross. Also the breakfast was as basic as I have seen. Employees were friendly however and the room was a suite with a service bar and cabinets separating the bed from the couch and TV. If they would clean the walls and furniture and do a little more for the breakfast, that would do wonders for this place but dirty walls and furniture do not lend to a comfortable stay in my opinion. Plus it is located in a remote area with nothing around it at all. Pillows were very uncomfortable too. Lumpy and hard.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We arrived very late (early am). The staff was helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was adequate, and we had no problems with any part of our stay. There was no pool, but we didn't need one. The entire second floor was no smoking, so we were not bothered by any smoke from neighboring rooms. Breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: No smoking rooms are on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelEaganGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We continually strive to provide great service and and we look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the Eagan area!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Thank goodness we had our GPS as we would have missed it, as it appears they are constructing the building that shares the same parking lot, blocking the actual hotel. But this place is located in a nice area of the Twin Cities, I found.

Stayed in a 1 Queen bed suite with a couch, fridge, kitchen sink and microwave, which we found really convenient as we didn't leave our room the first day and had all our meals in our room the first day (well a couple hours of shopping in the morning).

Our room was in the 3rd floor, where most of the smoking rooms are located. Once we got into our non-smoking room, the smell was gone. But the walk to the elevator was pretty harsh while holding your breath.

The one thing I found odd was that our TV was located on top of an armoire between the living room area and the bed area. So depending where you are watching you just had to swivel it right to left. But you had to look way up to watch it.

The free continental breakfast was okay. But I don't think I have every had an amazing free breakfast at a hotel ever.

So to sum it up, we would stay here again when visiting the Twin Cites!!!

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, avoid the 3rd floor. Half the rooms are smoking rooms. The other half is...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelEaganGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are very honored to receive such praise from someone who has reviewed so many other establishments. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I booked a standard room with a request for a 1st floor unit if possible as I was traveling by motorcycle. The front desk person did find me a 1st floor room. However, the bathroom ceiling was dripping water in the bathtub! No problems, she upgraded me to a great suite for the inconvenience. That suite was something else! Too bad I was only there for the night as I could have enjoyed it more!

Room was excellent, service was great, WIFI was truly high speed and breakfast was OK.

There are no restaurants you can walk to but there is a host of them if you are willing to drive another mile or 2 as suggested by the same great receptionist.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! This is a wonderful review and we're continually providing the best value for our guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you are planning on staying in this hotel check your credit card charges. They charged me a no show fee even though I was at the hotel. They also tried to charge me for a room that they sold to someone else and told me they did not have a room for me even though they guarenteed me a room and charged my card. The manager was going to call me and never did, big surprise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Teema L

Thank you for your review. If you have any over charges to your card, please contact us immediately at gm.eaganmn@microtelinn.com. It does not appear that you were overcharged, however, doublecheck your statement and make sure that there is actually a charge on there from our hotel. We're not in the business of treating our customers this way, so we would like to help you right away if you still feel there is a duplicate charge. Thank you!

Bobby, General Manager.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed here for four days in a nonsmoking room on the third floor. While my room may have been nonsmoking, the hallway was awful..stale, rank, smelled like an ashtray. The smell was not as noticeable in the room but still did have a faint smell. The smell was not as bad on the last two days but was still noticeable in the hall. I'm not sure if a heavy smoker left or if they improved the air circulation. I got out on the second floor one day and the air was much better on that floor. The room itself was clean. The WI-FI was fine although I occasionally had to change to a different another networks.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo