“Weekend Stay...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Thank goodness we had our GPS as we would have missed it, as it appears they are constructing the building that shares the same parking lot, blocking the actual hotel. But this place is located in a nice area of the Twin Cities, I found.

Stayed in a 1 Queen bed suite with a couch, fridge, kitchen sink and microwave, which we found really convenient as we didn't leave our room the first day and had all our meals in our room the first day (well a couple hours of shopping in the morning).

Our room was in the 3rd floor, where most of the smoking rooms are located. Once we got into our non-smoking room, the smell was gone. But the walk to the elevator was pretty harsh while holding your breath.

The one thing I found odd was that our TV was located on top of an armoire between the living room area and the bed area. So depending where you are watching you just had to swivel it right to left. But you had to look way up to watch it.

The free continental breakfast was okay. But I don't think I have every had an amazing free breakfast at a hotel ever.

So to sum it up, we would stay here again when visiting the Twin Cites!!!

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, avoid the 3rd floor. Half the rooms are smoking rooms. The other half is...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelEaganGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are very honored to receive such praise from someone who has reviewed so many other establishments. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

-Bobby, General Manager

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I booked a standard room with a request for a 1st floor unit if possible as I was traveling by motorcycle. The front desk person did find me a 1st floor room. However, the bathroom ceiling was dripping water in the bathtub! No problems, she upgraded me to a great suite for the inconvenience. That suite was something else! Too bad I was only there for the night as I could have enjoyed it more!

Room was excellent, service was great, WIFI was truly high speed and breakfast was OK.

There are no restaurants you can walk to but there is a host of them if you are willing to drive another mile or 2 as suggested by the same great receptionist.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! This is a wonderful review and we're continually providing the best value for our guests. We look forward to your next visit.

-Bobby, General Manager

Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you are planning on staying in this hotel check your credit card charges. They charged me a no show fee even though I was at the hotel. They also tried to charge me for a room that they sold to someone else and told me they did not have a room for me even though they guarenteed me a room and charged my card. The manager was going to call me and never did, big surprise.

1  Thank Teema L

Thank you for your review. If you have any over charges to your card, please contact us immediately at gm.eaganmn@microtelinn.com. It does not appear that you were overcharged, however, doublecheck your statement and make sure that there is actually a charge on there from our hotel. We're not in the business of treating our customers this way, so we would like to help you right away if you still feel there is a duplicate charge. Thank you!

Bobby, General Manager.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed here for four days in a nonsmoking room on the third floor. While my room may have been nonsmoking, the hallway was awful..stale, rank, smelled like an ashtray. The smell was not as noticeable in the room but still did have a faint smell. The smell was not as bad on the last two days but was still noticeable in the hall. I'm not sure if a heavy smoker left or if they improved the air circulation. I got out on the second floor one day and the air was much better on that floor. The room itself was clean. The WI-FI was fine although I occasionally had to change to a different another networks.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

After the GPS sent us to the wrong hotel, we found the sign for the Microtel and went in through what seems to be a construction site next door. When we walked in, the place was neat, clean, and the clerk very personable. The room was a good size, especially for the price. Everything is clean, if a little worn in places. The carpet is plaid and the couch upholstry floral, but hey, it's a decent price! The bed seems comfy and well presented.

Room Tip: Spring for the suite, give yourself a bit more breathing room, as well as a mini-kitchen and a hide...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel smells of stale smoke even in the non smoking areas. When you leave even if you stayed in a non smoking room every thing smells like smoke. The hotel just has an old and run down feeling. The breakfast was minimal compared to what other chains offer. They could not find our reservation so just stuck us in a room. The staff made you feel as if you were bothering them by making them stop reading their magazine to check you in. The hotel was a little cheaper than others but for just a little more money you can get a much, much, much nicer hotel.

Room Tip: I would not stay in this hotel it is unclean and noisy!
1  Thank teejaa j
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a clean and very affordable hotel. It is just a few minutes from the Mall of America and airport.

The room was decent sized and very clean. The beds are a little hard though. Breakfast is pretty decent array of bagels, muffins, toaster waffles, and cereal. The staff was friendly and very accommodating.

My tip is for all non-smokers to try and get on the first two floors. The third floor has smoking rooms and the hallways are saturated with the smell. That smell is torture for someone like me whom is allergic to cigarette smoke. The staff for us was very friendly and allowed us to switch floors.

Also, if you stay in Eagan you can get free tickets to Nickelodeon Universe and a free Mall of America coupon book. Just make sure you sign up for the tickets the friday before your stay!

Room Tip: Make sure when you book to go to http://www.eaganmn.com/ and get the free tickets and coupon book be...