Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Scam”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you are planning on staying in this hotel check your credit card charges. They charged me a no show fee even though I was at the hotel. They also tried to charge me for a room that they sold to someone else and told me they did not have a room for me even though they guarenteed me a room and charged my card. The manager was going to call me and never did, big surprise.

1 Thank Teema L
MicrotelEaganGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. If you have any over charges to your card, please contact us immediately at gm.eaganmn@microtelinn.com. It does not appear that you were overcharged, however, doublecheck your statement and make sure that there is actually a charge on there from our hotel. We're not in the business of treating our customers this way, so we would like to help you right away if you still feel there is a duplicate charge. Thank you!

Bobby, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cedar Falls
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for four days in a nonsmoking room on the third floor. While my room may have been nonsmoking, the hallway was awful..stale, rank, smelled like an ashtray. The smell was not as noticeable in the room but still did have a faint smell. The smell was not as bad on the last two days but was still noticeable in the hall. I'm not sure if a heavy smoker left or if they improved the air circulation. I got out on the second floor one day and the air was much better on that floor. The room itself was clean. The WI-FI was fine although I occasionally had to change to a different another networks.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

After the GPS sent us to the wrong hotel, we found the sign for the Microtel and went in through what seems to be a construction site next door. When we walked in, the place was neat, clean, and the clerk very personable. The room was a good size, especially for the price. Everything is clean, if a little worn in places. The carpet is plaid and the couch upholstry floral, but hey, it's a decent price! The bed seems comfy and well presented.

Room Tip: Spring for the suite, give yourself a bit more breathing room, as well as a mini-kitchen and a hide...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel smells of stale smoke even in the non smoking areas. When you leave even if you stayed in a non smoking room every thing smells like smoke. The hotel just has an old and run down feeling. The breakfast was minimal compared to what other chains offer. They could not find our reservation so just stuck us in a room. The staff made you feel as if you were bothering them by making them stop reading their magazine to check you in. The hotel was a little cheaper than others but for just a little more money you can get a much, much, much nicer hotel.

Room Tip: I would not stay in this hotel it is unclean and noisy!
1 Thank teejaa j
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a clean and very affordable hotel. It is just a few minutes from the Mall of America and airport.

The room was decent sized and very clean. The beds are a little hard though. Breakfast is pretty decent array of bagels, muffins, toaster waffles, and cereal. The staff was friendly and very accommodating.

My tip is for all non-smokers to try and get on the first two floors. The third floor has smoking rooms and the hallways are saturated with the smell. That smell is torture for someone like me whom is allergic to cigarette smoke. The staff for us was very friendly and allowed us to switch floors.

Also, if you stay in Eagan you can get free tickets to Nickelodeon Universe and a free Mall of America coupon book. Just make sure you sign up for the tickets the friday before your stay!

Room Tip: Make sure when you book to go to http://www.eaganmn.com/ and get the free tickets and coupon book be...
Nun Ya
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel quite a few times and It is very clean and in a great location. The standard rooms are quite small so upgrade to a larger room for more space. The staff has always been very helpful and courteous as well :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TRAVELLOVER7611
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Eagan was a Business Trip for 3 days. When I checked in, they couldn’t find my reservation. We found that the reservation was for July, 26 instead of June, 26. I booked through the web site, and the mistake could possibly have been mine. I was offered their last room (smoking), or they would set me up with a room at another Microtel 10 minutes away. I bit the bullet and took the smoking room. They gave me a discount on the room.

The room was standard Microtel. Small room with everything built in, geared for a budget business traveler. Bed sheets were crisp and clean. The bed was a bit softer than I like, but it was comfortable. Tube type TV with a good picture, and more channels than I could count. The AC / Heat unit was effective & quiet. Free internet was good. The carpets failed the white socks test. Walking around the room turned the bottoms dark yellow, so the carpets are in need of cleaning.

Small work area, with convenient electrical outlets, and outlets near the bedside. And something that’s rare. Screens on the windows! I won’t comment on noise, because I slept with the window open, and got a great nights sleep.

The bathroom was medium size. Water pressure good, and hot water OK.
Small Continental breakfast which was sufficient.
Anything you need in the line of food, gas, and convenience stores is a short drive away.

Definitely a place I would return to, when I’m in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business