“Try it out!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Johnny Cake Ridge Road and Diffley
Description: Andiamo Italian Ristorante is a locally owned business serving the Eagan area of the Twin Cities. We pride ourselves in making fresh, flavorful food to share with you-- our extended family. So come in and make yourself at home. Our goal is to make you feel like you're joining us in our dining room.
“Try it out!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family and I have been here several times and we are never disappointed! The alfredo is always top-notch. Servers are very friendly. We love the atmosphere and you really can not get a better value than Andiamo! Desserts are amazing!!!

• Visited June 2014

Minneapolis
“Unfortunately average”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We've been wanting to try this restaurant for a while. Finally had the opportunity this evening. We had reservations, and were seated promptly. And to their credit, they did not try to seat us by the door to the kitchen first (you eat out a lot, you know what I mean.) The restaurant has tasteful decor, and we were seated by the fireplace, which was a nice touch on a cool evening. We had a very good server who was extremely pleasant and prompt, a rarity for suburban dining. The first thing we ordered was wine. Surprisingly, the only Italian wine by the glass that I could see was Chianti. So we asked for the best Chianti of the three that they offered. It wasn't very good.

The menu has a good selection of authentic-sounding Italian dishes, as well as a few other additions, such as the artichoke dip, which we ordered. Though reasonably tasty, there was very little artichoke in it. And it contained canned olives. A bad sign. My husband ordered the shortribs, and was disappointed. Though the ribs were tender, the sauce had no complexity to it, it was akin to shortribs in ketchup. I ordered the pasta special which was shrimp in a rosa sauce. It was reasonably flavorful, but very light on shrimp. My daughter ordered the shrimp arribiata, which she felt was bland.

This place is quite popular among the suburban crowd, but then again, so is Olive Garden. I guess we were hoping for something a little more authentic.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank traveldiveski
Eagan, Minnesota
“Excellent food and excellent value!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We love Andiamo -- great food, excellent value, fun ambience! Love their chicken, pasta and salads. We've been many times and everyone always has a great meal!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank MapleOnTheMoveMom
Eagan, Minnesota
“Hard to find but a Gem for sure”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

It's a little hard to find but Andiamo's is worth the hunt. It is right off Diffley - go south on Johnny Cake Ridge Road and swing into the left - it looks like you're going into a housing development but stay to the left and you'll find it. What I love most about Andiamo's is that when you order an entree it doesn't necessarily come with pasta. Most of the entrees come with these wonderful grilled vegetables: Big pieces of colored peppers, zuchini, onion etc. And all well seasoned with garlic and olive oil. I usually don't order a side of pasta because the bread sticks are wonderful and you also have a choice of their other lovely french-type bread ( Or is it sour dough?). Our table usually orders one basket of each because no one can decide which bread is their favorite. Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Andiamo are my favorite dinner entrees. For lunch I order the 3 HUGE meatballs with a side of the vegies. They also have a $5.00 lunch menu which is great. Oh - did I mention the marinara? I have never tasted one so good and fresh. I usually take home a portion of my meal with extra marinara and love the leftovers for lunch the next day. This is by far my fav restaurant in the Twin Cities.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Chicadee-dee-dee
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Wonderful Mother's Day lunch”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We gathered for a family lunch to celebrate a birthday and Mother's Day. Everyone ordered a different entree but all were delightful.

Desserts were excellent as well. Their breadsticks are light and tasty. I enjoyed my favorite: prosciutto and pear pizza with Gorgonzola. A mix of salty, sharp, and sweet favors.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Andiamo? Share your experiences!