“I was surprised- very nice!”

Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“I was surprised- very nice!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I booked this room as it was very cheap, especially since I would rather be spending my money at the mall. We found the hotel ok and I immeadiately loved our room. I had booked a king since our two small children sleep with us anyways and we had more than enough room. It was a suite with a small kitchen. Very clean. The front desk even helped find my missing earrings! Kudos to the staff and I can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room was nice on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
UAE
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Outwardly the hotel is nice and modern looking, and our room was comfortable and spacious, with a good kitchenette and bathroom, however there were several things that have rated this hotel 'unacceptable' in my books.
Firstly, we have stayed all over the midwest in hotels of similar quality and price, but this hotel was the first in which we had to pay for wireless internet, and didn't have any breakfast provided. There is a 'pantry' with pre-packaged foods that guests can get things from, but you would have to travel out to find anything suitable for breakfast, and there are no shops anywhere near this hotel (it's in an industrial area right near the airport). But paying for the wireless internet? Come on, this is really unacceptable - look at the competition, people!

Secondly, if you stay at this hotel and leave your room, CHECK that the door is locked behind you! You have to slam the door very hard to get the door to lock - we had to try several times and get the caretaker to help before we could actually lock the door. This should be rectified I think, as people assume that card-locking doors will lock behind them without too much effort, and this presents a security risk.

Finally, after getting back to the room, we decided to heat up some food in the microwave. Imagine our...surprise...when we found boxes of chicken and pizza in the microwave, presumably left from the previous tenant (or maybe the cleaner was having lunch?), and the kitchen wastebasket hadn't been emptied! Completely unacceptable.

So overall, we could have stayed in a Hojo, Days Inn, Americinn or similar for nearly the same price and gotten way better facilities I would say. Homestead Suites really didn't cut it.

Room Tip: check the lock, check if the room has been properly cleaned.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rizuj
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Very clean, you could even smell it as soon as you walked in the door. Staff was very nice and very quick at check-in and out. Offered a lot--coupons for the Mall of America, free passes to Sam's.

the only thing was that there wasn't much hot water for a shower at 9 a.m.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Pros: Great location just south of I-494 on I-35E.

Cons: Sound-proofing is poor. If you stay here, I would recommend requesting a 3rd level unit since you can clearly hear footsteps and air conditioners from other units. The room decor is completely mismatched. Red carpet, green chairs, yellow comforters. Refrigerator in my unit was very noisy and rattled. They charged me a $10 upgrade fee for 2-double beds.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2010

They charge you $4.99 for internet that only works for about 10 mins at a time. Front desk blaims provider but tech support blaims hotel. Manager will say its either your computer or she is unaware of any problems. I was given a key, went to my room only to find a old in his underwear yelling for me to get out. This happened in 2 different rooms. THIS A NICE place if you don't need to use your computer. Also the TV CHANNELS also are terrible

• Stayed September 2010
Fairmont, Minnesota
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Absolutely love this hotel, everytime I've stayed here, both for business and pleasure. The staff is great, the location is perfect at the intersection of I-35E and I-494. Only minutes from the airport, Mall of America, or either Minneapolis or St. Paul. You can NOT beat the price for this kind of quality!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the amenities offered in the room. These are like mini-apartments! We had a full size fridge, stove, micro and coffee maker with dishes/pots/pans. The place was spotless. We cooked a meal and enjoyed the evening relaxing. Very, very quiet. We will definitely stay at another of these hotels. The manager gave us a booklet of addresses of all their hotels. My boyfriend is already taking advantage of booking this chain on his business trip this week in California. He has also stayed at this chain while in Bothell, Washington and had the same great experience. We highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Eagan hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge
Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North

Property: Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North
Address: 3015 Denmark Ave, Eagan, MN 55121-2257
Location: United States > Minnesota > Eagan
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North 2.5*
Free grab-and-go breakfast includes your choice of fresh fruit, a variety of breakfast bars and muffins, hot cereal, coffee, and tea. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Eagan