“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Thunder Bay
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed September 5, 2008

My girlfriend and I spent a night here when visiting Minneapolis/St. Paul. I booked this hotel SOULEY on the other travellers reviews of the hotel from Trip Advisor... and we were not disappointed.

The hotel is located in a very quiet suburb a short drive from the Mall of America (took us about 4 minutes by car).

The hotel is very clean and tidy both inside and out... The rooms are adequate (beds were okay, tv was okay). The "bathroom" had only a shower (no tub) with a toilet and was separated from the rest of the hotel room by a sliding door (the sink/mirror was separate next to it)

The FREE continental breakfast in the morning was exactly what you'd expect. Muffins, coffees/juice, cereals, bagels, hot waffles. Very nice.

The Pool: was FREEZING. I'm from NW Ontario Canada, and I'm used to cold water... but the pool was beyond cold. The hot-tub was basically a luke warm bath. Kind of disappointing in that respect.

Overall, a nice stay with an easy drive to the MOA if you're so inclined. Would definately stay here again for the price and location!

• Liked — Location, Price and free breakfast and WIFI
  • Disliked — The Pool (Cold) and the hot tub (cold).
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hackensack
Reviewed August 19, 2008

I found this Days Inn When I was on the road and it was the most cleanest modern Days Inn I have ever stayed in I say almost 10 years. The company that runs this Days Inn should run all the Days Inn because they are doing a great job. The people at the front desk was friendly the rooms are very clean and modern. Continental breakfast was good and the pool area was very clean. If you want to go to mall of America they take you right to the door every two hours. If you're going to stay at a Days Inn this is the one I would definitely stay at.

• Liked — The hotel is very clean and modern
  • Disliked — The pool water was a little cold maybe because the price of fuel
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Great room for the price, we had a fridge and microwave in the room and the hotel had a nice pool area with hot tub and sauna. Continental breakfast also had hot make-your-own waffles with 4 choices of syrups. It was centrally located to a lot of attractions. The Mall of America and Valleyfair were very easy to get to. There was an excellent restaurant called Doolittles about 2 blocks from the hotel, so good we went twice. No problems, would stay again.

• Stayed August 2008
Papillion
Reviewed July 29, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel,We were in MN for Softball Nationals. Ihave to say for a hotel it had nice rooms little on the small side,dident like the tv couldnt find much to watch, hotel could be more teenage friendly However this was a very nice place to stay and the staff was excellent in friendlyness and cleaning we were there for 4 nights and my room was always cleaned with fresh towels this was a wonderful job I think if I had to come back this would be the place we would stay. oh yeah the hotel was by alot of eating places you could walk to them very nice

JENNIFER WHITE

• Liked — The bed was comfy and the breakfast every morning
  • Disliked — far from location, pool on the small side and tv could find anything to watch
  • Stayed July 2008
Madison, WI
Reviewed March 13, 2008

I travel for work a lot! I was in the mpls area and a friend had recommened that I stay at the Days Inn in Eagan, MN because it was a clean, quiet, and inexpensive and of course close to the Mall of America and they had a free shuttle to the mall so I wouldn't have to deal with trying to figure out how to drive to the mall and get back to the hotel. when i checked in the desk person was very helpful and friendly. I spoke with them for at least 10 minutes before heading up to my room for the evening. The next morning my husband was coming to the area to meet me for a weekend away with out the kids -- when i was talking about things to do in the area - the desk clerk mentioned that there was a Cabela's and the Albertville Outlet Mall in the Rogers area. They even recommened a hotel there for us to stay at since we were heading toward the St. Cloud area. They called and had a room booked for us! I will be back next time I am in the area!! You get great service at a great price! Thanks to everyone at the days inn for a great stay!

• Liked — Clean, quiet, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing - Everything was perfect
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank travelingmommy2
DSM
Reviewed May 1, 2007

I booked the Day's Inn for 9 families for my daughter's volleyball team. I'm always nervous about booking discount hotels for this price-conscious group, but I was pleasantly surprised with this property.
The sales manager was more than pleasant to work with and was very efficient in working with the group. All parents that called in to confirm reported that the hotel staff was very pleasant on the phone. The gentleman working the desk in the evening was less than pleasant when we returned around 10 with a group of tired teenage girls but finally cracked a smile when we gave him two pizzas the girls couldn't finish.
The lobby is very small and I was surprised to learn that if we wanted to use the breakfast room for a team meeting, we would have to rent it.
Breakfast was so-so. They only have one waffle maker and the cold selections were average. Coffee was quite good one morning, and really bad the next. No worries, McDonald's and Caribou Coffee are across the street.
I highly recommend Dolittle's wood oven grill across the street.
The rooms were on the smallish side with a large shower in place of the tub/shower combination. All 9 families reported that the rooms were very clean and thought the hotel was a good value. I would definitely stay here again with a team.

• Liked — clean and a good value, easy access to Mall of America and Airport
  • Disliked — no real problems
  • Stayed April 2007
4 Thank JustCarry0n
Brandon, MB
Reviewed February 2, 2007

We stayed at this hotel because we were flying to Orlando. We took advantage of their park and fly option where you can leave your vehicle parked there for up to a week for each day of your stay.

We found the hotel easy to get to, close to Mall of America, quiet, clean, reasonably close to several restaurants (driving distance), and perfect for our needs.

I particularly enjoy that discount hotels like Days Inn can offer free wireless internet while more expensive hotels charge $10-20/day for this.

Good value, especially if you're travelling!

• Liked — Park and Fly option with airport shuttle, free internet
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family