“First Impressions, always important. Great stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Eagan Minnesota Near Mall of America

Days Inn Eagan Minnesota Near Mall of America
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Chicago, Illinois
“First Impressions, always important. Great stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

The shuttle driver Steve, was probably the very most nicest guy I have ever met in my life. Further, on of the safest drivers of any hotel that I have encountered, kudos. Front desk, very helpful and accommodating. Breakfast good, pool area, very inviting, and the fitness center very well equipped clean and tidy. Rooms very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. This property is now on my short list of preferred hotels. Great job..

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor on this occasion in an even numbered room. The room was spacious and had...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TimothyCramer_GM, Manager at Days Inn Eagan Minnesota Near Mall of America, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thanks for the rave review. Makes my day! You're right about Steve. He is a very valued employee.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Skandia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The first night I stayed I was not put in a handicapped room. Upon check out (we went to another hotel closer to the wedding we were attending) I asked about a shower chair and was told that the handicapped rooms have a fold down chair. He then looked it up and said that he checked and they had moved us (my reservation said I would be in one when I made it) because someone needed it more. Well I have a left leg amputation and who decides who's handicap is more significant? I can't stand while showering so the first night I was unable to shower. For the price I paid that would have been a something that I could have done. Especially after traveling 8 hours. The second night on our return to the hotel the staff made sure I had a handicap room and I very much appreciated that.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

TimothyCramer_GM, General Manager at Days Inn Eagan Minnesota Near Mall of America, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear guest, while we made amends for the second night I'm not happy about not getting you in the correct room the first night. Please accept my sincere apologies. I'm glad the rest of your stay went better and that we could resolve this issue for night 2. Thank you for your comments. It helps us to improve. Hopefully we'll see you back here in the future. Thanks again!
Summit Lake, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We called ahead to make sure we could get to sea life aquarium when it opened and were assured that the shuttle could make the quick trip there when we wanted to go. At the hotel it was a whole different story? first off the web page says 4 am until midnight, but that is only for the airport? funny the mall is like 1/2 mile from the airport whats the difference? then the shuttle only goes to the mall at certain times on the hour and the airport certain times on the hour, nothing about that when I called or on their web page. We booked through wyndham and I complained to them, they said complain to days inn so I did and NEVER heard anything back? So my granddaughter got to the aquarium about 2 hours after it opened, because when we wanted to go wasn't the scheduled time for the shuttle to go there?

Also the pool was very filthy and cold.

Previously we stayed at the Super 8, we had no shuttle problems there, that's where we will go next time even if the rate is more.

Room Tip: don't stay here go to the super 8. it might cost more but its worth it!! Pool was filthy and s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank familytraveler54485
TimothyCramer_GM, Manager at Days Inn Eagan Minnesota Near Mall of America, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that there was confusion regarding the times of the shuttle that impacted your experience. We are working diligently to ensure that this does not happen again in the future and are changing the information on our website so that this is communicated more clearly.

Thank you.
Tim Cramer - General Manager
Minneapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I checked in at about 9pm. The lady working the desk was very nice, I thought it would be a great stay. However, after being in the bed for a few hours, I started to get itchy and several red bumps began appearing on my arms. I complained that morning to no avail. The male manager stated that the hotel had been renovated (didn't tell me the date) and there couldn't be bedbugs. Not even 30 minutes later, another staff person said came banging on the door stating that we had 30 minutes to leave or they were calling the police. Why? Now because of the bedbugs, I wasn't terribly upset about leaving. I was understandably upset because of the way my minor child was being spoken to through the door. The staff person didn't even have the sense to ask to speak with an adult. He literally banged on the door and said, "you guys have 30 minutes to leave". After trying to get the man's attention to ask what the problem actually was, he never turned around. he just stated that he was going to call the police in 30 minutes. Not knowing what to do in a situation like this, I began to pack but in 15 minutes the police were there. They weren't even sure what the actual complaint was but said that the manager had a right to make me leave. I did leave and subsequently was not refunded for the next night's stay. Apparently, at this Days Inn, if you complain, the police are called and they keep your money. Terrible!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family