Recently my wife's daughter-in-law and grand daughter came for a visit. They all wanted to go to Minneapolis to "The Mall", about a 4-5 hour drive for us. Since we needed a place for a couple of nights ("The Mall" is not just a quick afternoon visit - it's an event) I chose a couple of one bedroom suites at Staybridge in Eagan. Even though they have a free shuttle, we decided that it was a short drive from the hotel to "The Mall" and the trunk of the car would provide more space for their anticipated plunder.
The rooms were perfect. My wife and I had our own space and they had their own space. It just made everything that much more delightful. The rooms are really little apartments with kitchenettes. The staff were very accomodating, friendly and helpful. What really impressed me was how quiet the place was. There are heavy doors on the rooms and the bedrooms are set back from the hallway so you don't hear people coming in late at night. Also, there are signs posted at all of the entrances and the elevator that say there is no running and slamming of doors and that there are enforced quiet hours. I slept very soundly.
In the morning there was a sumptuous hot breakfast ready at 7:30. The lady in charge of it worked very hard at keeping the area clean and stocked. It was a real breakfast not just a "continental breakfast", but a buffett of eggs, bacon, toast, pastries, oat meal, cold cereal, fruit, waffles, juice, coffee, tea and milk. The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. I was in heaven.
The place was a little pricey, not something that I would have chosen if it were just for my wife and me, but this was a special event and they were very special guests. We don't have her grand daughter visit often enough and we were so ready to spoil her. This was a splurge for us and the staff and accomadations at the Staybridge were first rate.
When they got on the plane to go home amidst all the hugs and kisses there were lots of "had a great time", "when can we go again"? "Next time let's ... ". and the Staybridge suites were a significant part of the "Great time".
I will be staying there again when we are in the area. It doesn't get much better than a good night's sleep, a hot shower, a good breakfast and a welcoming smile at the front desk.
A final note: My wife's daughter-in-law discovered once we were home that she left a pair of her favorite shoes (evidently she has many favorites) in the closet. We called the hotel and they said they had found them. They asked if we wanted to pick them up or send them. We asked to send them. My daughter-in-law's response: "Wow! They're honest".
* Note: If you're going to "The Mall", remember to ask for the coupon book at the front desk. Seasoned shoppers (from 10-60) say it's worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Staybridge Suites Hotel - Eagan. We offer everything you need to stay in control, connected, and productive. Our spacious suites with full kitchens are designed with your comfort and convenience in mind. We are the ideal extended stay solution for corporate housing, training, relocation, or for consulting and special project visits.The Staybridge Suites Eagan is an all-suite hotel located in the southern metro area. We are minutes from the Mall of America, and Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport, and accessible to downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul. Companies located within minutes of our hotel include:Goodrich, Prime Therapeutics, NWA, Lockheed Martin, Pan Am Flight Academy, Blue Cross Blue Shield, UPS, Unisys, and the VA Medical Center.Our hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of many restaurants, coffee shops, movie theatres, and distinctive shopping. Take a day trip to the Minnesota Zoo, a scenic drive along the Mississippi River, or just relax in our outdoor courtyard.All hotel guests may take advantage of our complimentary breakfast buffet, Sundowner Evening Reception, business center, guest library, and BridgeMart Convenience Store. We feature wireless and wired complimentary high-speed Internet service. We are also proud to say that we are a pet friendly property (non-refundable fee applies).AAA members save 10% with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America Hotel Eagan