“Worth the Splurge”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Iowa
“Worth the Splurge”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Recently my wife's daughter-in-law and grand daughter came for a visit. They all wanted to go to Minneapolis to "The Mall", about a 4-5 hour drive for us. Since we needed a place for a couple of nights ("The Mall" is not just a quick afternoon visit - it's an event) I chose a couple of one bedroom suites at Staybridge in Eagan. Even though they have a free shuttle, we decided that it was a short drive from the hotel to "The Mall" and the trunk of the car would provide more space for their anticipated plunder.

The rooms were perfect. My wife and I had our own space and they had their own space. It just made everything that much more delightful. The rooms are really little apartments with kitchenettes. The staff were very accomodating, friendly and helpful. What really impressed me was how quiet the place was. There are heavy doors on the rooms and the bedrooms are set back from the hallway so you don't hear people coming in late at night. Also, there are signs posted at all of the entrances and the elevator that say there is no running and slamming of doors and that there are enforced quiet hours. I slept very soundly.

In the morning there was a sumptuous hot breakfast ready at 7:30. The lady in charge of it worked very hard at keeping the area clean and stocked. It was a real breakfast not just a "continental breakfast", but a buffett of eggs, bacon, toast, pastries, oat meal, cold cereal, fruit, waffles, juice, coffee, tea and milk. The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. I was in heaven.

The place was a little pricey, not something that I would have chosen if it were just for my wife and me, but this was a special event and they were very special guests. We don't have her grand daughter visit often enough and we were so ready to spoil her. This was a splurge for us and the staff and accomadations at the Staybridge were first rate.

When they got on the plane to go home amidst all the hugs and kisses there were lots of "had a great time", "when can we go again"? "Next time let's ... ". and the Staybridge suites were a significant part of the "Great time".

I will be staying there again when we are in the area. It doesn't get much better than a good night's sleep, a hot shower, a good breakfast and a welcoming smile at the front desk.

A final note: My wife's daughter-in-law discovered once we were home that she left a pair of her favorite shoes (evidently she has many favorites) in the closet. We called the hotel and they said they had found them. They asked if we wanted to pick them up or send them. We asked to send them. My daughter-in-law's response: "Wow! They're honest".

* Note: If you're going to "The Mall", remember to ask for the coupon book at the front desk. Seasoned shoppers (from 10-60) say it's worth it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Drach
, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I have shared your feedback with my team and we are thrilled to be a part of creating your vacation memories. We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next visit to the Mall of America area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Hinckley, England
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This Staybridge was functionally OK, but was a little jaded with its fixtures and fittings, and is clearly due for renovation. Not for the first time in the USA we were very disappointed with the calibre of the front-desk staff at a Staybridge. One day we returned to the hotel at about 4 p.m. following a day out to find our room had not been serviced. We were told that the cleaning staff had gone home and we could go down to the front desk to get some new towels if we wanted to. No mention of how we could get rid of our trash and dirty towels and stock up on other consumables. We complained at the front desk but were generally met with surly indifference.
They clearly haven't been on the customer satisfaction course!
On the plus side there is a very good shuttle service to the Airport and the Mall of America (from where you can get the metro rail to downtown)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
GMEAGANSTAYBRIDGE, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We take all comments very seriously, but especially in this case where we disappointed you with our service. Please accept our sincere apologies. Every one of our guests should always receive warm, friendly and helpful service from our associates. We will share these comments with our team members, learn from them and apply that insight to ensure we consistently meet or exceed our guests' expectations.
Annandale, Minnesota
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at Staybridge prior to an early morning flight out of MSP. What a great experience! The rooms were very clean. All staff was very friendly. We had to leave the hotel at 4am. The person at the desk packed us each a bag with yogurt and muffins for breakfast. She went above and beyond her duties! They offer a shuttle service to the airport and were very prompt to pick us up when we returned very late at night! We were able to leave our car there for the week which was very convenient! I would highly recommed this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kelley k
GMEAGANSTAYBRIDGE, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
We are very happy that you had a great experience at Staybridge Suites Eagan MN. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. We hope to see you for your next vacation.
Waite Park, Minnesota
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We have been staying at Staybridge ,Eagan for about 9 years. We love everything about it. Friendly staff ,great meals, shuttle to airport, nice clean rooms. We enjoy them so much that when we plan a trip somewhere the first thing we look for is a Staybridge in the area. If there isn't any we go where it is.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy B
GMEAGANSTAYBRIDGE, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank You!!!!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed here on our way to northern Minnesota. Great hotel! The suite made me feel like I was staying in an apartment instead of just a plain hotel room. Very friendly staff at check in, great location just a few minutes from Mall of America. I will stay here again next time!

• Stayed November 2011
GMEAGANSTAYBRIDGE, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you so much for choosing the Staybridge Suites Eagan for your accommodation needs in the Twin Cities area. I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to future opportunities to serve you.
Arkansas
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Actually, I am just about an hour or two from checkout...I am here right now! I have never written a review while still at a property but this one merited it.

I try to stay with Holiday Inn group properties when I can, so Staybridge met that criteria. That being said, it was my first stay in a Staybridge suite. I have a Queen Studio room. It is very clean, spacious, and well lighted. Free wireless internet works well, and the business center downstairs is just great with a high capacity printer.

Breakfast, on a Sunday morning, was just fine...a good assortment of bagels, muffins, a waffle maker, fresh fruits, cereal, yogurt, gravy and biscuits, and fresh pieces of fruit. All a person needs. As a Platinum Priority club member, I was afforded three free snacks from their pantry, so I chose a 20 oz. Cherry Coke Zero, a bag of baked chips and a 90 calorie brownie. It was nice to have a choice of my snacks instead of the little stuffed sack (usually bottled water and cheese crackers) you get other places.

Saturday night was movie night and they played a current movie and had snacks out and the soda fountain open. During the week they appear to have virtually an evening meal. It's obvious that many "road warriors" stay here, and I can see why. The front "living area" of the hotel is nice with a large screen TV and a comfy home-type environment. If you don't want to be there, you can choose a DVD from a collection, and each room has a player.

Also, transportation was prompt in picking me up from MSP airport, and later in the afternoon transported me free to Mall of America and back. Great job!

The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and well kept. Hours are from 6 am until midnight.

My room cost $85 at the HI website, and I feel it was great value for my $$.
The staff, especially the young ladies on Saturday afternoon, 11/5/11 were just great, and it's obvious that they enjoy working at the hotel and interacting with those staying here.

Thank you, Staybridge Suites. If I am in the Eagan area again, I would definitely stay here.

Karen Fraser, Conway, AR

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ArkyTravel
GMEAGANSTAYBRIDGE, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
I want to sincerely "Thank you" for your feedback regarding your experience with us. I am glad you had a chance to enjoy all of our wonderful amenities. We look forward to seeing you on next visit.
new york,usa
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Excellent accommodations ; received a discount due to a wedding $90 includes taxes & etc
had a nice suite multiple tv's

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family