“Great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed here on our way to northern Minnesota. Great hotel! The suite made me feel like I was staying in an apartment instead of just a plain hotel room. Very friendly staff at check in, great location just a few minutes from Mall of America. I will stay here again next time!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMEAGANSTAYBRIDGE, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you so much for choosing the Staybridge Suites Eagan for your accommodation needs in the Twin Cities area. I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to future opportunities to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

Actually, I am just about an hour or two from checkout...I am here right now! I have never written a review while still at a property but this one merited it.

I try to stay with Holiday Inn group properties when I can, so Staybridge met that criteria. That being said, it was my first stay in a Staybridge suite. I have a Queen Studio room. It is very clean, spacious, and well lighted. Free wireless internet works well, and the business center downstairs is just great with a high capacity printer.

Breakfast, on a Sunday morning, was just fine...a good assortment of bagels, muffins, a waffle maker, fresh fruits, cereal, yogurt, gravy and biscuits, and fresh pieces of fruit. All a person needs. As a Platinum Priority club member, I was afforded three free snacks from their pantry, so I chose a 20 oz. Cherry Coke Zero, a bag of baked chips and a 90 calorie brownie. It was nice to have a choice of my snacks instead of the little stuffed sack (usually bottled water and cheese crackers) you get other places.

Saturday night was movie night and they played a current movie and had snacks out and the soda fountain open. During the week they appear to have virtually an evening meal. It's obvious that many "road warriors" stay here, and I can see why. The front "living area" of the hotel is nice with a large screen TV and a comfy home-type environment. If you don't want to be there, you can choose a DVD from a collection, and each room has a player.

Also, transportation was prompt in picking me up from MSP airport, and later in the afternoon transported me free to Mall of America and back. Great job!

The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and well kept. Hours are from 6 am until midnight.

My room cost $85 at the HI website, and I feel it was great value for my $$.
The staff, especially the young ladies on Saturday afternoon, 11/5/11 were just great, and it's obvious that they enjoy working at the hotel and interacting with those staying here.

Thank you, Staybridge Suites. If I am in the Eagan area again, I would definitely stay here.

Karen Fraser, Conway, AR

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ArkyTravel
GMEAGANSTAYBRIDGE, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
I want to sincerely "Thank you" for your feedback regarding your experience with us. I am glad you had a chance to enjoy all of our wonderful amenities. We look forward to seeing you on next visit.
new york,usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Excellent accommodations ; received a discount due to a wedding $90 includes taxes & etc
had a nice suite multiple tv's

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank americanski-ny
GMEAGANSTAYBRIDGE, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank You!!!!!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very good hotel with hot and cold breakfast..clean room but small..10 minutes drive to MOA... reasonable price comparing with hotels in Bloomingtion near the mall..Great service,front desk and free movie,soda and snacks on Saturday..Very good quality for families.. Deserve to stop..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dream_BigA
Thank You!!!!
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Had a good stay here, nothing too special but not bad. We've stayed here before many years ago but now it's a little worn but still okay.

They have free laundry which was great especially that we just picked the kids up at camp. But there's only one set on the second floor and two sets on the third floor. There was nothing on the main floor. The one on the second was a full washer and dryer. The ones on the third were apartment size which is fine. Did a lot of going up and down the stairs.

Breakfast was terrible. Staybridge or springhill usually have great oatmeal but this one was very dry. I heard someone looking for eggs for their English muffin and gravy and they replied that they don't make eggs on weekends! What happened?!?

Btw, being a priority club member, we got a coupon for two items at the mini store which was a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMEAGANSTAYBRIDGE, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review us, as we take every review very serious. We are very sorry that breakfast was less than excellent. We will be taking the appropriate action to improve the breakfast experience for our guest, as we know we can do much better. We hope you can give us another chance next time you are in the Eagan area.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

I did quite a bit of reserach to find hotels to accommodate family members for a reunion. This was one of the choices and my husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. I have stayed in other Staybridge Suites, but I have to say this one fell a little short. Nothing major wrong with the place, just a little tired looking to me. The common area downstairs was a bit small so we could not all gather there. The room was "ok". The hallway carpet looked a bit worn/dirty, and the room needed updating. The furniture was getting that "used" look. We had a King Suite, and the bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was small and so was the living area with the fold out sofa. If we had to use the sofa, it would have taken up the entire living area space. The breakfast buffet was very poor in my opinion. Some brown fruit, a few eggs and sausage that looked like they'd been sitting a while, and muffins that looked dry. The only thing I took was a little cup of fruit chunks which was just okay. Nothing else looked good enough to want to eat. The front desk staff was polite, but nothing extraordinary. All in all, just a very average stay. I have had much more impressive stays at other Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMEAGANSTAYBRIDGE, Manager at Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We pride ourselves on providing an extraordinary experience for our guests so it is very disappointing to hear we fell short. Please know that we take comments from our guests very seriously and will review each point of your review with our team to take appropriate follow up. We know we can do much better than what you described and are sincerely sorry we disappointed you. We hope that if you are again in the Eagan area, you will give us another chance.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Very nice. Kitchen in our room. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2011