“Favorite place”

El Loro
Ranked #13 of 132 Restaurants in Eagan
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant by far. The fried chicken burrito is the best I have ever had. The cheese they use is so delicious I ask for it on everything. They have a very affordable menu and have a la cart items which makes it easy to order only items you like. The raspberry margarita is great.
Staff is very friendly. Whenever anyone comes to visit I make sure to take them here.

There are newer reviews for El Loro

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant many times, some years ago and loved it. However, this review is based on our dining experience last night.

My wife and I met up with our adult son and daughter and our daughter's boyfriend for dinner last night. We enjoyed their complimentary chips with salsa and white sauce as we looked at the menu. My wife and I split a 2 for 1 margarita which we finished before we placed our order. We placed our orders at around 6:30. We ordered a chimmi, burritos, fajita and jalapeno poppers. Typically, in the past at this place, and at similar Mexican restaurants our food is brought to the table in 10-15 minutes. After about 20 minutes we asked our server about the hold up. He claimed that the grilled fajita takes longer, but it would be out soon. (We've never experienced this long of a wait before just because we've ordered fajitas) After 30 minutes waiting, I sought out the manager to see what the problem was. He also said that the grilled items take longer. (To grill strips of chicken?) He said the food would be out soon. After about 35 minutes from the time we ordered, our food arrived. When the fajita arrived and the plate was not steaming as is typical, my wife took her first bite of the chicken and it was not hot. My daughter's jalapeno poppers were cold inside an the rest of our dishes were warm at best.

The manager stopped by to see how everything was once we receive our meals and we honestly let him know. He offered to heat them up or replace them, but at that point, we weren't interested. We again mentioned the wait, and he said, "people have to wait for their food". What does that mean? We expect 10-15 minutes, but not 35 minutes. I told him that at that point managers would typically say "I'm sorry", but not once did he apologize, rather would give excuses.

Our server also returned and asked how things were...and we honestly told him as well. My daughter, who has been a part-time server for many years is always very understanding when we dine out and typically won't let me complain about the service or food. I knew this was really bad when she was also complaining to the server. She asked if we could get something taken off our check to compensate for the experience. He said he would and later returned saying that the entire meal would be free. We didn't expect free, but were very grateful!

Oh, and the margaritas were great, but never did the server offer to take the empty glasses from the small table so we could have more room. We tried to ask him once, but he walked away, not hearing us.

Will I go back to El Loro? Yes, but unfortunately, not to this location, but the one on Cliff Rd and Hwy 13 where we've never had a bad experience.

I really hope that whatever the problem was on Tuesday night, that they get it fixed, soon. This has been a great place to eat over the years and I wish them the best of success in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Even though this is part of a chain, we have always liked the mexican food here as well as the other locations. Most of the time we have to bring home some of our meals because the portions are very ample. Consistent quality, good service, great drinks, too. Will visit often !

1  Thank WilmaBP
Reviewed May 10, 2013

El Loro has wonderful Mexican food and a full bar as well. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the prices are very reasonable. The service is friendly and attentive. They offer outdoor seating and are very professional at catering events. I highly recommend their fajitas and the margaritas really hit the spot!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Quick and Easy... the lunch menu us reasonable and the service is quick. Was it the best mexican food I have eaten? No, but it did the trick. Although I did have heartburn for about a week, not sure if it was a certain spice they used or just me. Would try it again.

Been to El Loro? Share your experiences!