“Duluth by water”
Review of Vista Fleet

Vista Fleet
Ranked #4 of 24 Tours in Duluth
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy our breathtaking daily cruises and sightseeing tours on Lake Superior and Duluth/Superior Harbor. For romantic getaways and family or business occasions, we offer delicious dinner cruises along with special lunch cruises. Vista Fleet is an ideal partner for weddings and private charters of 20 or more. From wedding memories that will last a lifetime to private deck parties or even full cruise charters.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Greenfield, Wisconsin
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Duluth by water”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was a sunny fall day when we took our harbor and shoreline tour on the Vista Fleet. We were able to go up top for beautiful views of the harbor and coastline. It was fully narrated and really very interesting. I was most impressed with passing under the aerial lift bridge and getting up close to the ore docks. I learned a lot and enjoyed every minute of this worthwhile tour.

1 Thank seaturtle30_12

Lake Delton, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very informative.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you are looking for a fast-moving tour, this is not it but if you pay attention to the guide, you will find out tons of interesting info about the area. Our trip was hi-lited by a ship entering the canal and seeing the lift bridge raise and sound off as it entered. If you are cold, sit in the middle deck. For concessions in the off season, we heard that was on the bottom deck but they didn't announce it so we missed out.

Visited October 2012
BISMARCK
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice boat but tour was boring”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The boat, staff, refreshements were nice. However, the tour was not what I expected. After hearing about the 4th dock and its storage capacity and off-loading capacity...I was ready to be someplace else. If I was 5th grader needing to do a report on the harbor's economic influence...this would be a good tour. I was hoping to get over by the 10 mile sandbar that has beuatiful houses and go by the aerial bridge. Alas, 90 minutes of information on the docks.

1 Thank SWEETND
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great way to see the bay.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a Groupon for this trip. Thought it was well worth the price. Granted I won't do this every time I go to Duluth. But it was fun for a first timer like me. We sat to the top deck of the boat in the back. Only complaint I had with this spot was you can not hear the tour guide 80% of the time. But I got some awesome pictures of Duluth, and Wisconsin bridges. They do sell beverages for sale on the boat. But I had brought my own bottle of tea with me. My hubby bought 2 Coors beers and it was $12.00. I know they also have wine, coffee, hot coco. Over all very nice.

Dubuque, Iowa
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fun Tour during Fair Weather”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Vista Fleet tour is fun, especially on a date or with a group. I attended an evening dinner cruise with a large business group. Even though it was somewhat windy, the boat was very even. The food served for dinner was pretty good (4 out of 5), with excellent full bar service.

The tour of the harbor and nearby shore areas was fun and informative. The tour guide gave pretty good narration, of sites one would never see much of from shore.

I would certainly suggest the Vista Fleet Cruise if you have two hours!

Visited September 2012

Been to Vista Fleet? Share your experiences!