“A wonderful relaxing stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Duluth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, MN
“A wonderful relaxing stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend! Angie and Tim are wonderful innkeepers. They were kind enough to allow us to hold a private wedding ceremony in the garden area. We stayed two nights in the Lake Superior Suite, which was amazing! It was very comfortable, clean, and well kept. It had all the amenities you could ask for and more! We really enjoyed the jacuzzi bath and private deck. And the breakfast was to die for! We can't wait to return in the future!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
agt2007, Owner at A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 6, 2009
Thanks again you two for choosing us for your ceremony. It was so very lovely - the setting you chose to exchange your vows couldn't have been better, along with a beautiful day! Our best wishes - you are a wonderful couple and we hope we'll see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
dallas tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed at the AG Thompson House for 3 nights. It was absolutely amazing!! The food was the best i have ever had. Tim and Angie were wonderful as well. I would recommend this bed and breadfast to everyone. In fact, it has more amenities then any five star hotel I have ever stayed at in the many countries I have visited. Thanks again Tim and Angie. My girlfriend and I had a great time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so happy you enjoyed your getaway before returning overseas - please be careful! It was wonderful meeting you both and sharing northern Minnesota with Texas - the weather held true to form! Thank you again, and come back to Minnesota and visit us again!
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

My fiance-now-husband and I decided pretty short-noticed that we wanted to plan a getaway for the two of us to get married, and I had looked at bed and breakfasts in Duluth on the internet and fell in love with the AG Thomson House, the Lake Superior Suite, the pictures really capture their rooms an the atmosphere of the place. I was able to make my plans without even calling because I looked at their calendar online of availability.

When I did call to book the room, Angie was so kind and so willing to help with any questions I had to make our stay the best. She even sent me a link to the courthouse web site to see a picture of the outside because I mentioned I had thought we might go there for the ceremony. I felt like I was talking to an aunt or sister. She didn't make me feel guilty or give me a hard time because I was only booking two days in advance.

The day we checked in, Tim showed us around like we were family, like we were the only guests there. We were completely blown away by the room/house/property, while the pictures were incredible online - the actual property was far beyond what I expected, right down to the last detail - the chocolate truffles on the bed, the history of the place, even the way the sheets and blankets on the bed smelled was heavenly (although the jacuzzi bathtub was my favorite, very relaxing!!).

We had the justice of the peace come to the room and we had the ceremony right outside in the yard by the beautiful lilac bushes. My mom and dad came as our whitnesses, and my mom used her camera just taking pictures of us around the property and they turned out better than a professional photographer. The small field of daisies by the driveway, the front porch and steps of the house, even the flowers in the front yard provided us with the most beautiful wedding pictures I could have ever imagined, and it was all such a laid back and comfortable, stress-free environment. There was even a congratulations card and a bottle of champagne waiting in our room from them when we returned to our room from dinner, which was really special to us.

The breakfast Angie made and Tim served in the morning was better than a five-star restaurant, and it was all made by hand with care. Every single detail of our trip, even though it was only one day, was so perfect I couldnt have asked for anything better. I wished we could have stayed for an eternity.

Tim and Angie really treated us like family, like old friends, and we feel so grateful they provided us with the perfect, most beautiful and captivating place to stay and everything we had not thought of or forgotten (flowers for the bride, picked right out of the garden!), we will be going back every year on our anniversary if we can to one of the most special places I've ever been! Thanks Tim and Angie!!!
Mr. and Mrs. Kyle Linnett

• 5 of 5 bubbles
agt2007, Owner at A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 7, 2009
Mr. and Mrs. Linnett!! Thank you so much for your kind words - we are overwhelmed and so grateful you found our Inn to be such a special place for your intimate ceremony. It was a first for us and we were very humbled and grateful to be a part of it. We wish you all the happiness in the world and look forward to seeing you on future visits. Thank you again!
asheville, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

My husband and I have stayed in many B & B's across the country, and we rate A. G. Thomson House to be among our best experiences.

Our room was very cozy...luxurious bedding, classic decorating touches, soft lighting. Very welcoming at the end of the day. (they even provide an IPOD player!)

The breakfast meals were gourmet and quite a culinary experience.

Angie and Tim are excellent Innkeepers with an incredible sense of knowing how to make their guests feel pampered and well cared for.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
What a pleasure it was for us to have the opportunity to meet you and share our home - we were the lucky ones!!! We hope you make it up here again on future family visits; our door will always be open!
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I visited the AG Thomson House for our first anniversary. Upon pulling into the driveway, Angie and Tim greeted us only to point out that our car had started smoking quite heavily from under the hood when we drove up. Tim took time with my husband to try to figure out what the problem was and called around to find a mechanic for us. The following day, when it was time to take the car in, Tim followed my husband to the shop and gave him a ride back. When we learned that we would need to extend our stay by one more day while it was being fixed, Angie helped us move our things into an open room while Tim helped my husband with rental car arrangements. What could have potentially turned our weekend into a terrible situation definitely had a bright side- we were secretely pleased to have been "forced" to stay another night so we could enjoy another day at the house and another morning of Angie's fantastic breakfast! The house is beautifully decorated, the grounds are gorgeous, Angie's food is out of this world, and the care and concern Tim and Angie showed for us will never be forgotten. We can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We couldn't have been more happy to help the two of you out! Anyone would have done it; we just felt so bad for the troubles you were having. Nonetheless, it was wonderful having you that extra day and gave you a little more rest before heading back to help your family (and work). We sure hope you will be able to make it back up here - and with no car trouble!!!!! We think of you often and hope all is going well in KC!!
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

If you are looking for a nice, quiet, relaxing getaway in Duluth, you need to stay here!! Tim and Angie are so GREAT!! They were so welcoming to me and my boyfriend. They made us feel like it was our home as well and we were so comfortable there! They have the most beautiful home!! Neat, Clean and GREAT food!! Beats any hotel, hands down!! We have already decided we are going to make this an every year trip and we will be staying at AG Thomson House!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
You guys were (are) so great!! Thank you again for giving a B&B a try - we are so glad it was a good experience! We look forward to your next visit!
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

My sister and I wanted to get away for some long overdue "bonding" time and the AG Thomson House couldn't have been a more perfect choice. We spent several days touring the cities of Duluth and Two Harbors, but the highlight of our trip was staying in this beautiful home. Tim and Angie are the perfect hosts and made our stay very comfortable. The inn is warm and inviting - to the point that we even headed back from the North Shore early one day, just so we could spend the afternoon enjoying the cozy sunroom. (Yes Angie - I am still trying to figure out how to get your sunroom to my home in Minneapolis! ) The breakfasts are first class - Angie is an amazing cook. I can hardly wait to return with my husband for a more romantic get-a-way. Thanks again!

Linda (Minneapolis) and Susan (San Francisco)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linda and Susan - thank you so much!! It was our pleasure to offer a nice space for the two of you to spend some quiet sister time! Have you figured out how to get that sunroom home yet?? Well, you'll just have to come back and visit it!! See you then!