After originally planning to stay at a different Duluth B & B, we were swayed by the excellent reviews on this website. We were not disappointed! From the time we booked, Tim and Angie communicated all the details very clearly. Tim met us in the parking lot, showed us around the historical home and made sure we were right at home. The Salyards room was quaint and cozy, with a great jacuzzi tub looking in to the room. Fluffy robes and bath products were an added plus. We enjoyed the delicious gourmet breakfasts (delivered to your room or eaten in the dining room), watched a couple of current DVDs (from hundreds of choices!), and were able to snack on chocolate chip cookies and beverages--including wine! The grounds were awesome and we soaked in some autumn sun sitting on Adirondack chairs behind the house. As native Duluthians, we loved the quiet neighborhood and the vast collection of historical books in the living room--including those on notable homes in the area. One of the best parts of our stay was the delicious gourmet breakfasts made by Angie (delivered to your room or eaten in the dining room) that made us feel like royalty! From the mixed fruit yogurt parfait
to the raspberry white chocolate scones and chocolate banana bread to the
herb and cheese baked omelet and fresh juice--everything was delicious! The innkeepers are truly warm and hospitable people. We will 100% be returning in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where Elegance meets Casual Comfort at our award winning Bed and Breakfast. Ideally located in the heart of Duluth's mansion district on 2 acres of private grounds with award winning gardens just minutes from extraordinary restaurants, shops, Canal Park and majestic Lake Superior. Featuring 7 exquisite guest rooms with modern amenities such as two-person whirlpools, A/C, Fireplaces, TV/DVD's, King and Queen Beds, free high speed Wi-Fi and so, so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic b&b
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic Hotel Duluth