This was our first stay at a B &B--using a Christmas gift certificate given to us by our children for the get away. We expected wonderful accommodations, great service and delicious food, all in a historic setting, but that was only the tip of the iceberg! What really made the visit special was the hospitality of our hosts, Tim & Angie Allen. The inn was full both days we were there, but the Allen's would drop whatever they were doing to answer questions or just visit. We chose to have our breakfasts in the dining room and heard similar, positive comments from those with whom we shared the meal.
We'll probably enjoy some other B &B's in the future, but--fair warning to others: we think we visited the best one first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where Elegance meets Casual Comfort at our award winning Bed and Breakfast. Ideally located in the heart of Duluth's mansion district on 2 acres of private grounds with award winning gardens just minutes from extraordinary restaurants, shops, Canal Park and majestic Lake Superior. Featuring 7 exquisite guest rooms with modern amenities such as two-person whirlpools, A/C, Fireplaces, TV/DVD's, King and Queen Beds, free high speed Wi-Fi and so, so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic b&b
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic Hotel Duluth