We've travelled extensively around the US, and in particular, the midwest. Duluth is a favourite location, yet we;ve never found the right place to stay - and sampled many of the leading hotels and accommodations.
We won't be looking further. This is without a doubt, the classiest, yet most welcoming and unpretentious, B&B we've had the pleasure of staying in.
Hosts Angie and Tim, are just great. The accommodation (Lake Superior Suite) was superb, with fabulous amenities and very private. You can choose to mingle with other guests in the morning, or have breakfast for two in your room. We mingled.
Food was top class. Angie tries to accommodate guest preferences (anything with white chocolate and butterscotch pleased my husband a great deal!) and the quality and quantity kept us going from morning until evening meal.
It's a shame we have the Atlantic ocean and the eastern seaboard between us - however, not a deterrant, and we will definitely be back. Can't recommend highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where Elegance meets Casual Comfort at our award winning Bed and Breakfast. Ideally located in the heart of Duluth's mansion district on 2 acres of private grounds with award winning gardens just minutes from extraordinary restaurants, shops, Canal Park and majestic Lake Superior. Featuring 7 exquisite guest rooms with modern amenities such as two-person whirlpools, A/C, Fireplaces, TV/DVD's, King and Queen Beds, free high speed Wi-Fi and so, so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic b&b
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic Hotel Duluth