Our recent stay at this Comfort Inn could not have been better. From the moment we contacted the local desk a month before our actual stay until the morning we left after our son's wedding, the staff could not have been more accommodating, helpful and friendly. Everything you would expect and more was in excellent condition and in the room - comfortable bed, multiple pillows, frig, microwave, coffee pot, desk, sitting area with couch, large bathroom with lots of counter space, iron and ironing board, crisp sheets, fluffy towels, hair dryer, etc. Our daughter made good use of the exercise room, our grand nephews enjoyed the pool, we appreciated the wireless internet, and everyone enjoyed the pleasant breakfast area that buffet that included eggs and ham or sausage, waffles, cereal, a variety of bread, bagels and English muffins to toast, yogurt, coffee, juice and my personal favorite - a cappuccino dispenser. Although the hotel was full on Saturday night and it was busy Sunday morning, there was quite a bit of room to sit and eat. If it had been warmer we would have sat at the tables on the patio. All of this can be found at more than one hotel in Duluth, I'm sure, but what set the Comfort Suites apart was the the willingness of the staff to be helpful. From offering us space in the employee refrigerator if we needed it for food we were bringing for the wedding reception (which we ended up not needing) to letting us know that an employee was going to be leaving in just a couple of minutes and we could use their parking place instead of having to go to the overflow parking when we arrived back very late on Saturday night. This staff, including the desk clerks, room maids and breakfast room attendants do it right - pleasant, efficient, and friendly - they - every single one we encountered in our 3 day stay - made us feel like a valued customer and that they were there to do what they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible. As far as I'm concerned, there is no better place to stay in Duluth. Oh, and it is right on the lake and within walking distance of all of the restaurants, shops, etc. of the Canal Park area in Duluth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® Canal Park is near Lake Superior, Canal Park, historic Aerial Lift Bridge, Duluth Entertainment Convention Center, University of Minnesota Duluth and Glensheen, the Historic Congdon Estate, "Duluth's American Castle." Spirit Mountain, Duluth International Airport and the University of Wisconsin-Superior are located just 10 miles from this Duluth, MN hotel. The hotel is also walking distance from Lake Superior Marine Museum, Carnival Thrillz Family Entertainment Center and the Great Lakes Floating Maritime Museum, featuring the S.S. William A Irvin ore boat. Miller Hill Mall, North Shore Scenic Railroad and Enger Park Golf Course are additional points of interest in the area. The numerous gift shops and antique stores in downtown Duluth are also just blocks away. Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Suites Canal Park the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast. Enjoy an invigorating splash in the indoor heated pool and hot tub. Unwind on the veranda and gazebo overlooking Canal Park, or sit on the lakeside patio and watch ships enter the canal. Doing business is a pleasure in the conference room. Up to 30 people can be accommodated, and the meeting room is equipped with adjustable lighting, audio/visual equipment and free coffee. Business travelers also appreciate high-speed Internet access in all rooms, free local calls and access to fax and copy machines. Rely on this Duluth, MN hotel for relaxing, stylish rooms filled with all the luxuries one can imagine. Rooms include refrigerators, microwaves, sofa sleepers, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television with HBO. Several luxury suites feature whirlpool bathtubs and romantic views of the surrounding lake and park. A guest laundry facility is also available. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Comfort Suites Canal Park provides friendly customer service, inviting accommodations and affordable rates to everyone visiting the Duluth, Minnesota area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Canal Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Canal Park Hotel Duluth
- Comfort Suites Duluth Mn
- Comfort Suite Canal Park Duluth
- Duluth Comfort Suites