“Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
butternut wi
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in Duluth for an event. It is a great location and a 5 min walk to the Center. Numerous places to eat within walking distance. Hotel room was fine, clean and well maintained. We were on the 3rd floor which was being upgraded. Construction was not a problem. Workers quit the area at 4pm and did not return until around 9am, never heard them. Hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was fresh, plentiful and good. Plenty of parking.

1 Thank michael n
Laura O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Canal Park, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for such a kind review! I'm glad to hear that our location was convenient for your needs while in town. It's definitely a great perk to be walking distance to so many different things, including attractions and restaurants. Thank you for your comments on our construction; we have tried hard to keep noise to a minimum during the refurbishing process and I'm glad to hear it wasn't a disruption for you. You'll have to come back and check out the finished product on your next trip--we are very excited to show them off, and would love to welcome you back on your next visit! Thanks again for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
MN & FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The best breakfast I have had at a Comfort Suites. Plenty of options and a diligengent staff to keep it stocked. Room was a little noisy, I could easily hear conversation from next room. I have come to expect more from Comfort Suites, so I was disappointed with that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking time to leave us feedback on your recent stay! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. Our kitchen staff are hard workers and do a wonderful job; I'll be sure to pass on your compliments. I'm so sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the noise volume while you were with us, though. Our balcony suites tend to be a bit quieter, and we often recommend them for those who are lighter sleepers. We are also going through a significant upgrade in our non-balcony suites currently and are excited to show off the new changes. Thank you again for staying with us! If I can be of any assistance in planning your next trip, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Delavan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

By far our first, favorite and really "only" choice for hotels when we travel to Duluth! The rooms, amenities, proximity, and staff make it our home away from home on a weekly basis! The breakfasts are outstanding as are the rooms! We travel to Duluth on a weekly basis and have researched all the hotels in the area from the beginning. We have even stayed at a few of the others in the beginning, but we have made Comfort Suites Canal Park our #1 when it comes to our place to stay when we come to visit our son in college at UMD! I would estimate we have stayed here over a dozen times and have NEVER had a problem or issue. Don't hesitate on this property/hotel when looking for a place to stay!

Room Tip: Balcony Suites overlooking Lake Superior are the best! Especially if you're an early riser and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Duane W
Laura O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Canal Park, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Wow, thank you so much for such a kind review! I'm flattered to hear that we are your only choice in Duluth. We certainly love our location and the views from the balconies on the lake side are stunning! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance on your future visits. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We wanted to stay in a Hotel close to Canal Park in Duluth, MN so we chose the Comfort Suites. We liked that it was right on Lake Superior and a easy walk to Canal Park, food and shopping. We did not have a lake view room, but that was okay as we were only there one night and it was cool to see the Lift Bridge and the city lights from our window. The room was nice with 2 queen beds and a hide-a bed couch, so if you stay there with a small family you would have plenty of room. The breakfast was great! We stayed during the week, so there were probably less people than on a weekend. They served scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, muffins, bagels, cold cereals and more. The breakfast staff was really friendly and very helpful, they were very accommodating to some guests who got up late and didn't make it to the breakfast area until after the 10:00 am cutoff time. We will probably stay there again in the future.

1 Thank tobejo
Thank you for sharing your review with us. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our breakfast! I'll be sure to pass your compliments to our kitchen staff--they work hard to make sure it is a pleasant experience for all of our guests. Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!
MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at Comfort Suites Canal Park and had a nice time. The lobby and breakfast areas are very pleasant. However, the room that we had is starting to show some wear and tear. It was wonderful to have a refrigerator and microwave in our room. The layout of the room was also great. Note to Management: The facial tissue and toilet tissue are like sandpaper. Please invest in higher quality tissue products.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2TravelersMn
Laura O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Canal Park, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are aware that some of our rooms in the main building are showing some wear, and are happy to announce that we are set to start some major renovations this coming week and can't wait to see the results. I'll be sure to mention to upper management regarding the tissue--I'm sorry to hear that it was uncomfortable! We hope that you'll come back and check out our renovations in a few months. Please let me know if I can help with any of your future travel plans!
West Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Comfort Suites while attending a wedding at the DECC. The hotel was clean and comfortable. We splurged on a suite with a lake view, and it was well worth it. We watched ships coming into the harbor and just enjoyed the lake view. The location was ideal, as we were able to walk to the DECC and didn't have to worry about parking.

Sunday morning breakfast was very good, although extremely crowded. If they had not opened up an extra meeting room for seating, it would have been a problem.

Overall, it was a great place to stay and we will be back.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Laura O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Canal Park, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thanks so much for your kind review of our hotel! I'm glad that you found the lake view to be worth it--we certainly love being able to see the ships come and go right outside our back door! Our breakfast area does get filled quickly when we are busy, and having the overflow meeting room as an option seems to work well; I'm glad that you found it to be helpful also. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit!
Roseville, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I thought our rate was high for a Tuesday night but was willing to pay it for the lake view room that I booked. The view is great as expected, the bed is comfortable. However, we are so disappointed in the condition of the bathroom. I don't know if we were put on the old side of the building or what but the toilet keeps running. We have had to fix it multiple times, the sink is dirty and wear and tear old. The ice bucket tray is shabby with tears. Everything in the bathroom is old and outdated and dirty and I expected more for what I am paying. We are on the 3rd floor. (No balcony) Haven't had breakfast yet to give my thoughts on that but having to fix the toilet for the umpteenth time made me want to write my review now. As far as coming back, I am thinking that I should peruse the neighboring hotels in Canal park in the hopes of getting a nicer room for my money.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Debbie W
Laura O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Canal Park, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your room. We are looking forward to a major renovation of our bathrooms in the main building starting in a couple of weeks. It will include upgrading all of the bathroom fixtures, including tubs, sinks, etc. and are very excited to see the outcome! While this does not make up for the problems you've encountered during this stay, I'd like to invite you back to see the changes in hopes of regaining your confidence in our property. Please do not hesitate to contact our front desk staff at any time during your stay should something not be in working order--our maintenance team would be more than happy to resolve the problem for you. Again, please accept my apologies for this stay falling short of your expectations. We hope to see you on a return trip. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in your travel plans. Thank you!