“Clean and comfortable Duluth hotel”

Fairfield Inn Duluth
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Spent three nights for business since my usual hotel was sold out. This Marriott property needed some updating which unfortunately was occuring while I was there. Overall, rooms were clean and comfortable but in need of new furniture. Everything was functional. Microwave and refrigerator was nice to have. Internet speed could be better but was still functional. Morning continental breakfast was as expected: Cereal, toast/muffin, pastries, yogurt, and whole fruit (bananas, apples, oranges). They also had a waffle station, microwavable breakfast sandwiches, microwavable oatmeal, and hard boiled eggs. Nothing fancy but good enough to provide nourishment for the morning. Staff were all frendly and helpful. The hotel is located near the mall so you have many choices for shopping and dining.

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Duluth

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed in Duluth many times but never by the mall. As soon as I walked in I should have turn right back around and out. But I had a 2yr old and no time to find another place. First of all the place is currently under construction which they DID NOT mention at the time of booking. It was completely torn apart and missing vending/ ice machines. Second I asked for a room near the pool and they gave me a second level room. I of coursed switched. Third the pool is not child friendly. The only way in and out are by ladders. Must be able to swim or be tall enough. Last the shower filled up with water while you showered because ut was clogged. Breakfast was decent. Location is good. Room was clean. Price was extreamly high for its condition. And staff was friendly but chose not to go above or beyond unless you made it known. Never again!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank nljtravel
Fairfield_Inn_Duluth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Sorry you were here when we were redoing the tile in the lobby. I wanted to let you know that our renovations are finished and the place looks great. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed for one night. Nice staff. Was welcomed with fruit and cookies...yum! But the building was being worked on, so had to deal with that. Ironically they gave us the room at the end of a hall where they were doing construction...While most other rooms were empty. So, I have to take off some points since we could hear the noise. Overall, a quiet hotel. Breakfast was just ok. Didn't have much variety. They didn't even have plain oatmeal. They had everything to blend with the oatmeal, but the plain oatmeal itself. That should be a staple at any continental breakfast. But overall, was a fine hotel for the night. We got good sleep...so we were satisified.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel has a lot to offer many people, but the service was terrible. I am a customer , who loves Marriott hotels... I couldn't believe that some of them workers got a job in the hotel... I was ready too rip my hair out a few times. Now is time for the main thing people would read: would you go back because of the location: yes. Would you go back because its a nice clean hotel: yes! I'm am hesitant on some of the workers though otherwise I'd go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Molly J
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here because our usual hotel was booked. This hotel is located near all the places we wanted to shop at. It is an average hotel that is showing wear. We didn't use the pool or fitness centre as they were both monopolized by a visiting hockey team. Breakfast was ok. The best thing about the hotel was the staff, who were very friendly and helpful. This isn't my first choice to stay, but would consider it again, if needed.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the parking lot if you are concerned about seeing your vehicle.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Golden_Amik
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is close to everything! Shopping, dining and the airport. Staff is great. Complimentary breakfast was good enough to get the morning going. This is my location for when I have an early flight out of Duluth.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a good place to stay if you want to be near the mall. It is an older hotel and the room shows signs of aging. Fitness center is small. Breakfast was fine. Will stay there again, but it is overpriced for the quality of the room. It is nothing great but certainly nothing horrible.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family