“Need to get their act together” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview

Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
Long Island, NY
“Need to get their act together”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here in August 2013 in 2 non-consecutive nights. The staff and service were inconsistent: on the first stay, the person at the desk gave me a map of the area and answered my questions; on my second stay, when I asked about the location of a nearby restaurant, the different person at the desk told me to walk around, and I'd see it. She actually said that. Service in the restaurant was similarly inconsistent. At lunch, the server seemed to disappear. I waited so long for my meal, that I asked another server to please check on my order. At breakfast there was prompt service.
Signs in the room indicate Sleep Number Beds, but the remote didn't work, and I was told it couldn't be fixed.
The airport shuttle left without me, but since Duluth airport is small, it wasn't a problem.
Bottom line: the Holiday Inn might be a better choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here for one Saturday night over labor day weekend. Used Club Carlson points for a free stay. Check in went smoothly and front desk agent very friendly. Given room 539, which is not in the main round tower, but other building. Room was fairly large with king size sleep number bed. Sleep number bed worked fine. Had view of city, but also could see lake and lift bridge. There was a fridge so that was nice. Had old style tv, surprised no flat screen. Also could not find any paper or pen in room, and no Kleenex. Liked how the bathroom was behind a wall separated from main area, and had great smelling toiletries. Bed was comfy, but pillows were very lumpy. Had difficulty sleeping as heard coughing all night from room next door. Went to restaurant on the top floor called JJ Astor I believe for breakfast, this restaurant revolves, so gives a great view of the city. Food was good, maybe a little over priced, but not bad. Was not a bad stay but looks like hotel could use some updating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Duluth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

for the price it was bad I have stayed at cheaper places and a lot better rooms would not stay there again it was very dirty the sleep number beds sucked the number dial did not work the showers were not hot enough

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

TravelingTami, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Write your comment.Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I will forward your concerns to the department heads at the hotel. Our goal is always 100% satisfaction. I hope we will have another opportunity in the future to provide you with accommodations.

Travelers are raving about these Duluth hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Upon arrival, our first room was damp feeling and musty smelling. Even the carpet felt damp. As we were debating calling the front desk, we clearly heard the entire conversation of the guest in the room next to us, in a regular speaking tone of voice. So, with the walls being paper-thin, we called the front desk. They relocated us to a new room, no questions asked, which was a slight improvement. The overall cleanliness of the room was ok, but the floors in the hallways looked like they are rarely vacuumed. The hot tub jets sprayed directly in the air, splashing water all over! After visiting with another guest, they stated they had a similar experience and also had to switch rooms. I will commend the staff for being accommodating. We aren't finicky people, but expect a certain amount of quality, especially for the price and the Radisson brand. This hotel gives all Radisson's a bad name as far as I'm concerned. I definitely wouldn't stay here again! In the words of my husband, my review should only say, "this hotel sucks!"

Lake Wales, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

First off I want to say that maybe my expectations were higher than they should have been. Growing up near Duluth we always saw the Radisson as the jewel of hotels in Duluth. Staying there was a privilege. Not any more.

We got checked in and were noticing the quirky 70's (?) style decor in the lobby. I no longer think it is quirky, I think they havent replaced it since the 70's. Just my opinion. We got into our first room which was room 313. Vey dated (which I could have handled, I love retro) but when you see the pictures I think you will get the point. Paint peeling in the shower, no refrigerator, baseboard coming away from the wall near the window and the tiles were buckling in the shower. Needless to say we did complain and the manager, Shawn, was amazing and did the best. He upgraded us to another larger room. I think that with the # of people we overheard who were unhappy with their rooms this is an ongoing problem for him and he was dealing with it the best he could.
The next room seemed okay, noticed the stains on the carpet and curtains and ceiling, their was someone elses food in the refrigerator, wallpaper was peeling in what seemed to be a renovated bathroom and the tile was broken near the baseboard. Also noticed the door to the bathroom had wood missing and bed skirt was ruined on the side facing the sitting area. Again furniture is dated. Also, there was some kind of antiquated power surge device that was making a noise like a sick rattle snake.
Unfortunately we didn't have much choice and had to spend the night but we will be checking out ASAP for a different hotel.
I want to point out that the manager did the best he could for us. Unfortunately this property has not been maintained.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend grew up in the Duluth area and we came up here for vacation. She booked a room for us as she remembered this as being one of the top notch hotels in Duluth. We were both in for a horrible shock.

The room we initially checked into had numerous issues, including holes in the ceiling above the shower, base boards by the window that were broken and warped- not something you would want To see at a higher-end hotel.

We were put into an 'upgrade' room that had even more issues- and very few outlets in which to plug in anything.

Sean, the manager on duty, was very apologetic but made it clear that his hands were tied due to some changes that were taking place. He did feel bad for us though.

We had booked this room for two nights but are checking out after one night- it was that bad, especially given what we paid for the room.

Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The carpet in my room had a HUGE stain right in the middle of the floor, door lock is upside down and initially I couldn't get the door to open (they never mentioned it) and the tile in the bathroom is disgusting and has mildew stains between the tile!