“its ok for last min”

Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed September 4, 2013

when we walked into our room some ones bags were there so we were upgraded but not a fan of there sleep number beds and its an old hotel for sure the staff was great but I have stayed in nicer hotels for less $

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,429)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent a weekend hiking in the area with a friend. We wanted a mix of nature and a comfortable place to sleep. The hotel was great for this type of weekend and the rotating restaurant/bar on the top level was a fun addition. The pool, hot tub, and sauna were in good condition. Free covered parking. Bar downstairs was dead at 10:30PM. Bar tender was quite flirty with us. We ordered drinks and ended up taking them to the room since we couldn’t get a word in with the bar tender being so chatty. One thing that will make me examine a room prior to unpacking next time: I woke up in the morning and noticed a quarter sized blood stain on the bed sheet. To save my sanity, I did my best to convince myself I was bleeding, but I have a nasty feeling the bed was like that when I got in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2013

You cant beat the location or the view! The hotel is slightly dated with only two old and slow guest elevators, but the service and quality are top notch. It is only a few blocks from canal park and the views from the JJ Astor rotating restaurant on the top floor is worth it even if you aren't staying here.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Again, I was scared reading the reviews on tripadvisor and in fear that I should of booked elsewhere but again I made the right decision and went with the Radisson Hotel...Yes it's old and the elevators are slow but the staff Becca from front-desk and Jackie from housekeeping went the extra step and took great care of my family.
If you are fortunate enough to have had the pleasure of meeting these two women than you understand why I want to go back.
My only major complaint for this hotel is the quality of the guests...I believe this is because of "Hotwire & Priceline" and attracting guests that have no respect for others or the hotel they are staying in.
The pool area was dirty and that was because the guests that were present were disrespectful and unhygienic...not showering before going into the pool or hot tub, leaving garbage etc. by the pool....the majority of them were to busy texting to bother picking up after themselves and the young children with them that they were not watching.

Room Tip: - Ask for the floor that Jackie from housekeeping takes care of...she knew we were a family of four...
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked through Hotwire and got a decent rate in over priced Duluth, MN. We had stayed here summer 2012 and enjoyed the location as it is within walking distance to shops and restaurants in the downtown core and Canal Park.

I thought I would check out the reviews after confirming the name of the hotel and was quite upset that I would be staying in such a shabby dilapitated outdated and old hotel! How could things change so quickly in 1 year?

Well, it wasn't that bad! What do people expect, or not expect? Yes, the beds are small, but I don't expect luxury when I book a mystery hotel. We had a lovely view of the south side lakefront, the room was clean, check in was quick, we loved the location.

We ate in the top floor revolving restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's not that bad!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuzyQOntarioCanada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Three and half stars. We were in town and wanted to be the 1 block walk from the Depot. We walked down to Canal Park area and back up, it gave us exercise or you can ask for the hotel shuttle. The halls are worn and the rooms have some worn spots, but have some new furnishings. Our room was spotless, with fluffy comforters. No shower issues. This is an older hotel, so arrive with those expectations. The round style makes the bathrooms small, not as small as a European hotel. The JJ Astor rotating restaurant views were amazing with good late night food. The harbor view rooms have wonderful views day and night. The room and food prices are in line with Duluth prices. The staff in the hotel and restaurant were exceptionally friendly, helpful and responsive. This is a unique hotel. Would stay again and when they refurbish it will be a first choice.

Room Tip: Harborview rooms have a great view. The JJ Astor restaurant had a great rotating view, we went late...
1  Thank L R
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Before I was even in the door, me and my fiancé had to dodge around luggage strewn about on the sidewalk from an ill parked tour bus. I had reservations so it was pretty easy to get into my room. The petite suite as it was titled, was overpriced and a disappointment from as soon as I opened the door. It looked alright and had an ok view but the sleep number bed diddnt function, no food menu or any in area references, yet there is a fAnd a few of the rooms (stairwell, vending room, fitness pool.) stunk.
Our vending room on our flood was filthy with food trays and garbage and smelled horrid. I refused to use it for the rest if our stay. My fiancé also got harassed by some big loud drunk!!
What really killed me was the pool which was rather dirty and crowded and a lot of kids playing around in the lobby, pool area.
At first glance it looks upscale and worth the price but it was not the fancy radisson top of the harbor was expecting, but the bar was pretty good.

• Stayed: August 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Corporate at Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

We are sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback will help us get to the bottom of the areas where we fell short. We are pleased to say that our property will be starting a renovation at the end of this year or very early next year. We hope that you might come back and allow us the opportunity to really experience Radisson service the way it should be experienced.