“You don't get what you pay for” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Saint Paul
“You don't get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Arrival – Upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted by a parking ramp that looked dilapidated. Chunks of paint had fallen off and were on the ground. The first level of the ramp was dimly lit. I promptly left the first level ramp and found parking on the hotel’s surface lot.

Lobby-The lobby was amazing. It was nicely decorated and felt hip and urban. Complimentary refreshments were offered. The staff was helpful and pleasant.

The Room – Like many other reviewers have pointed out. The room was old and musty. I won’t get into detail as it has been said over and over again in previous reviews. It reminded me of a fixer-upper that has potential. The size was perfect, and the layout was nice. The view I had was of Lake Superior, was priceless.

Price – Speaking of price. I would not pay no more than $120 for a double room at this hotel. This means I would not pay the list price. It is not worth it.

Location-The location can’t be beat. It is close to most attractions in Duluth. It is just a shame that the rooms are so horrible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melissa R, Sales and Catering Coordinator at Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are excited to announce our hotel renovations this year. I am certain that these renovations will address many of the concerns you had during your stay with us at the hotel. There are so many bonuses about our venue, and a remodel will take our hotel to the next level. I hope you will give us another chance in the future if you venture to Duluth again.

Thanks for your feedback.

Melissa Ratai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Saint Michael, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

10-16-12
Carpeting was stained and dirty, furniture was stained (visible because the bench was white in color with large black stains!) Yuck!!
Bedding was stained and full of hair when i pulled the covers back -
large dog wondering around with owner -
Loud and Noisey heater kept us up all night
do yourself a favor and choose another hotel - one where customer service means something!!
Definately dissapointing and not worth the money spent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Melissa R, Sales and Catering Coordinator at Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience at the hotel. I have passed on the information you submitted to the appropriate management. Customer service does mean something to us, and as we are an older hotel, we are looking forward to renovations come the new year. The renovations will give us the opportunity to WOW our customer's with our appearance. I truly hope that you give us another chance, and we will do our best to accomodate to your wishes.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Sales and Catering Coordinator

Travelers are raving about these Duluth hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The carpets are heavily stained and the sheets were not changed. I am certain that the sheets were not changed because when i pulled back the comforter, i saw a huge wet spot on the comforter and the room began to wreak of urine. Come on guys, you've got to change the sheets!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melissa R, Sales and Catering Coordinator at Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the lack of cleanliness in your room. I have notified the appropriae management in order to ensure this would not happen again. We understand your frustration with the situaiton. I hope you did notify someone during your stay to have your room cleaned up and sheets switched out.

We are looking forward to a renovation come the new year and this will update the look of the guest rooms in general. I am sure a renovation will address many of your concerns.
Thank you for your input, we appreciate feedback.

Radisson Hotel Duluth Harborview
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The rooms could use some updating. The bathroom had performance issues. I was lodged on the top (15th) floor and I had a fantastic view of Lake Superior. The only close neccessity was a Starbucks about two blocks away. The waterfront shops and eating joints were within walking distance but it is a hike to get to them. The restraunt is atop the hotel and it rotates. The food was good for hotel fare and the prices were moderate. I paid 129 a night which was a bargain for the room I had. All in all, it was good place stay.

Room Tip: Top floor facing the lake
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hastings, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Despite all the less than stellar reviews, my husband and I were happy with our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. The floor was clean, the bathroom was in good shape and clean as well. Keep in mind, with all the reviews, we were looking for problems, but really didn't see any. However, the bed was not comfortable and we were unable to adjust the firmness. Yes, the hotel is older and in need of some updates. The lobby and JJ Astors is a good start and I hope continues to the rooms. We also enjoyed the downtown location and had no issues with parking on a Friday night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Twin Cities
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have to agree that for anyone that paid $125 or more for this hotel have a right to be displeased. As I booked my room for $70 through Priceline, I really can't complain. That is the only reason I rated it as a "very good" value. Anything more than $125 on a summer weekend would be "average" going right down the line as the price goes up.

Growing up in Duluth, the one thing to I had to keep in mind is that in 1970 this was a brand new building, so obviously now it's an old property. The rooms are on the small side but I think that is to be expected in a round building.

That said, while it is showing it's age in the hallways, my room (1002) was clean (including the carpeting and wall covering) and comfortable. Some other observances: The Sleep Number bed was a nice touch; the room had a nice LG TV but I could not get HBO on the channel indicated on the channel listing card; the shower was clean had sufficient pressure with no hot water issues; the property was quiet but that may be because it was a Monday night.

The only other small complaint I have was the parking garage. It was raining when I arrived and the roof was leaking pretty badly. I did get hit with drops multiple times walking through the structure towards the lobby (which is very nice and updated).

Again, if they are asking more than $125 I would highly recommend looking at some of the properties at Canal Park (which typically are $195 + but very much worth it). Otherwise not the Ritz but not a "do you want this by the day or the hour" property.

Room Tip: Room 1002 is on the Harbor side- you won't get to see the lift bridge but you aren't looking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DuluthEast83
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

The name "Radisson" in Minnesota used to carry some heavy weight with it, as being a fine and pristene hotel...not so much anymore. This is a hotel that needs a major remodel, not just nice furiature and fixtures in the common areas ( lobby & bar area) and let the rest of the hotel go to hell. The first 6 hours: toilet has been used by previous guest, and not flushed for oh I would guess at least 2 weeks. So first off the smell...gross. The non-smoking room we were in, must have been up until our stay a 'heavy smoking Room' I myself am a former smoker, so the smell to us formers is ten times as strong, but this was really bad, the fixtures on the ceiling were all yellow, gross to look at. The bedding may or may not have been clean, pillows and sheets were so wrinkled it 'seemed' they weren't clean, jury is still out on that one. The accent pillows were defiantly NOT cleaned and had yellow drool spots on them. We roughed it that night, it was a long trip and we were tired. Next morning: woke up to doors slamming, baby's crying, some of that to be expected of course but you could hear the person in the next room break wind. We went down to the pool/hot tub/sauna this area was actually nice, pool was warm, hot tub was nice & sauna was great once warmed up, but does need a good cleaning. Got back to the room opened the window, MY GOD, this was the worst part pulling back the shades & looking down was once of the worst decisions of my life DON'T LOOK DOWN..I am attaching photos, but it was filth dirt, wallpaper coming off, carpet filthy beyond any cleaner could clean, wood baseboard warped and filty. FILTH! Front desk was a rude young chick. In closing, we will never EVER stay at a Radisson, we will never allow any of our family or friends to stay at a Radisson again. Don't do it, not worth it, spend the extra $20 and stay at the Holiday Inn Suites in Superior, WI. -US Navy Chief

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MrandMrzZettel
Melissa R, Sales and Catering Coordinator at Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Radisson, I am very sorry that your stay with us was not plesant. I have passed your feedback along to the appropriate management. Fortunately, we are looking forward to major hotel renovations come the new year. I am sure these renovations will solve many of the problems you encountered during your stay. I do hope you change your mind about us in the future and give us another chance.

Thank you for your recommendations and feedback, it is greatly appreciated.