“Great location, clean, friendly. Only drawback was there...”

Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed there for a couple weeks because I am in town for work. To start off I hate getting accused of something I didn't do and that is exactly what happened. I was accused by the manager of the Days Inn that I was smoking in my room and after letting him come into my room he later discovered that there was not any cigarettes. I have never smoked and getting accused of it really made me mad. I told him it was probably the housekeepers smoking in there because they did not clean my room for almost a week and I had to get different sheets and pillow cases and change it all myself! I HIGHLY recommend that NOONE stays there ever! I will never go back there and after being treated so poorly and harassed, I will never stay at another Days Inn again in my life!

• Stayed: February 2013
Duluthmanager, General Manager at Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

This was an unfortunate situation that was not caused by us (the hotel). The three very negative reviews that are currently shown here were all written by guests that were coworkers, friends that were here for the same purpose. Two of the three did in fact smoke in their rooms, non smoking rooms. Our hotel is 100% smoke free. One of the individuals was asked to leave because of this, and the other was warned. The reason their rooms were not cleaned on a daily basis is because they worked at night and slept during the day, and we could not clean their rooms during normal housekeeping hours. When the second individual was warned about smoking in the hotel, the remaining two individuals left and then wrote these reviews.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My Mom had an early morning Dr.'s appointment. Since we live 65 miles away decided it would be best to go the night before. We chose the Days Inn because of the location and the price (we had a coupon). The most important thing for us is that it is clean and it was. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Lets start from the begining. Occupancy of my room was been delayed while one of the employees was being arrested!!! Arrival In my room was at best fridged, from the low temp setting on the thermostat and air flowing through the window edges. The up side to the fresh air was that it helped mask the smell of stale cigarettes and the aroma of dope. Finding a place to charge my phone involved sliding my mattress away from the way to receptacle with a three plug adaptor simply installed (SCARY).

Now the shower. It was a complete medley of feelings, a nice hot burst of water only to be interrupted by a cold blast after anyone down the hall flushed the toilet or washed their hands.

The bed was what is to be expected for a short stay residency. Breakfast was an event in and of its self. I understand an Employee sliping in for a cup of coffee or waiting till the end for some food. That was not the case here. You wait in line WITH the employees!!!

Becareful where you park. Depending on the hour and temp determines if you are parking in a lake or an ice rink. Litteraly a set of car tire imprints three inches deep in ice at the rear handicap entrance from a vehicle that parked when it was warm outside and didn't move untill the next day and it froze around the tires.

SIZE DOES MATTER!!! I am a big man. I had to stradle the stool to close the door to the bathroom. Now I stayed alone there and you ask why not just leave the door open?? No one will see or be offended. Well it's behind the door where you find the toilet paper!! I said i'm big not tall it was a stretch!!!
BTW my Room number was 121. if you ever get that Room RUN!!!!!!!!!! FOR!!!! YOUR!!!!! LIFE!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business