“Still a Nice Hotel!”

Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed one night at the end of our Lake Superior circle tour...nice hotel with an ok breakfast! Very convenient too as they are located across from the big mall, Kohls, Target, etc. room was clean and comfortable and desk staff were friendly. No real complaints! I have stayed here many times over the last 40 years!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed May 29, 2012

The staff were friendly and helpful in finding a good restaurant.
They served a good breakfast in the am; popcorn in the afternoon and cookies in the evening. This was a very nice touch for travelers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TICPEN
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is the first time I've stayed at this Days Inn location since they've gone smoke-free. First, I have to commend them for this decision as I wouldn't have stayed if there were still smoking rooms. We got a good deal from the visitduluth.com website and stayed for two nights in April.

Rooms were small, (especially the bathroom), but comfortable and exceptionally clean. The fridge is great. Internet was speedy and free. We also appreciated the excellent continental breakfast, which was well-stocked throughout the time the lounge was open.

We were slightly disappointed that the hot tub was closed, though we understand that it was due to unforeseen maintenance. It's a nice place to relax but we can't hold the closure against the property.

As mentioned, enquire about the "safe insurance fee". I paid it because it wasn't worth worrying about to me but I wonder if perhaps it's some kind of state law or something. Who knows...

Anyway, I'd recommend this place for sure - great location next to the mall and Hwy 53 and only minutes to downtown - not to mention massive savings compared to staying in Canal Park.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I had a great week long stay at this motel. It was pet friendly which I needed and while pet friendly one could not smell pets in the room. Another big plus. The rooms were very well kept as was the overall motel. I liked that there was an area to walk the dogs and that they provided dog bags though I did have my own. Housekeeping was very accomodating as was the front desk. There was ample parking and it was well situated to many other things the city has to offer.

Room Tip: I appreciated having a room at the end of the hallway since I had a pet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Never have I been so happy to hear someone say yes we have a room! Meant to only stay in town for the day, turned into a 3-day stay due to unforseen circumstances with a client. Person at front desk was awesome! Hotel is definatly older, but well-kept. Decent parking. Fridge in room. Comfy bed. Lots of hot water. Slight smoke smell on entering hotel, and only big issue we had was someone in the next room had a dog in their room (pet friendly hotel) and while they were away dog was barking like crazy for at least an hour. Call to front desk got the issue resolved within about 15 minutes. Would definatly come back here again, not a Hilton, but definatly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank kaylathebeancounter
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I found many good things during my stay at the Days Inn Duluth. The room was clean and housekeeping was timely and thorough with cleaning. Never had to call for my room to be cleaned. I made good use of the refrigerator and coffee maker. I brought my own coffee and tea from home. Very comfortable beds, but pillows were a little too soft. The chair at the desk was very comfortable and I sat in it to watch T.V. and write my postcards. Shower was easy to get into and out of, not slippery. The only thing I didn't like was the toilet paper roll located behind the door. It should've been to the left of the toilet for convenience. Even though I was in a non-smoking room, I did smell some smoke. I recommend bringing some spray for the room. This Days Inn has an excellent whirpool where you can relax. Just the right temperature, not too hot. There are extra towels in the spa. A big plus for me was the public computer in the lobby. It's free to use and no charge for printing. Also, the hotel serves popcorn around 5:00 p.m. everyday and freshly baked cookies around 8:00 p.m. daily (they make delicious chocolate chip cookies). They serve breakfast in the morning, but I didn't try the breakfast. I ate out instead. The hotel is located near a mall, so there are plenty of places to shop and eat. There is a Starbucks near the hotel. Also, Five Guys and Applebees is across from the hotel. There are many other places to eat within a mile of the hotel. Note: There is road construction and a detour on the way there. I drove up from the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport on I-35, and the exit was closed. Follow signs to I-35 North and 53 North to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank birdlady07
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We had a nonsmoking room, however it still smelled in our room. The locks on the doors don't seem secure. You could hear people slamming doors and walking in the hallway during the night and am hours. Don't expect a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was ok at the hotel.
Located by a mall and many dinning options around.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple