1,195 results
All reviewsmiller hill mallroom was cleanhave stayed here many timesno elevatorclose proximitynice place to staybiscuits and gravyconvenient locationstay there againyogurtthe breakfast areahot tubcanal parkpopcornbirdersmotelfridge
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I found many good things during my stay at the Days Inn Duluth. The room was clean and housekeeping was timely and thorough with cleaning. Never had to call for my room to be cleaned. I made good use of the refrigerator and coffee maker. I brought my own coffee and tea from home. Very comfortable beds, but pillows were a little too soft. The chair at the desk was very comfortable and I sat in it to watch T.V. and write my postcards. Shower was easy to get into and out of, not slippery. The only thing I didn't like was the toilet paper roll located behind the door. It should've been to the left of the toilet for convenience. Even though I was in a non-smoking room, I did smell some smoke. I recommend bringing some spray for the room. This Days Inn has an excellent whirpool where you can relax. Just the right temperature, not too hot. There are extra towels in the spa. A big plus for me was the public computer in the lobby. It's free to use and no charge for printing. Also, the hotel serves popcorn around 5:00 p.m. everyday and freshly baked cookies around 8:00 p.m. daily (they make delicious chocolate chip cookies). They serve breakfast in the morning, but I didn't try the breakfast. I ate out instead. The hotel is located near a mall, so there are plenty of places to shop and eat. There is a Starbucks near the hotel. Also, Five Guys and Applebees is across from the hotel. There are many other places to eat within a mile of the hotel. Note: There is road construction and a detour on the way there. I drove up from the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport on I-35, and the exit was closed. Follow signs to I-35 North and 53 North to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank birdlady07
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We had a nonsmoking room, however it still smelled in our room. The locks on the doors don't seem secure. You could hear people slamming doors and walking in the hallway during the night and am hours. Don't expect a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was ok at the hotel.
Located by a mall and many dinning options around.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Dog friendly, but did not have the dog with. Located up the hill by the Miller Hill Mall. You are right across the street from the mall and various bars and restaurants. Nice room and upscale furnishings. No pool that we saw, but a nice whirlpool. Very nice staff.
However, if you are not going to spend time in the room, stay at the Motel 6 down the hill.
Definitely hit the noon buffet at the Skyline Lounge in the bowling alley down the road. Cheap with a full salad bar, soups, hot dishes, and lots of pizzas.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The folks at this hotel really try hard to make the stay enjoyable, and the rooms were decent; however, even though we were 7 rooms or so away from the smoking area, we were overwhelmed by the cigarette smoke lingering in the halls. When we arrived home the clothes in our suitcase even smelled like cigarettes. We were on the second floor, maybe the first floor is better for non-smokers?

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Duluthmanager, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

We have decided to go 100% smoke free at the Days Inn Duluth. We currently have 12 smoking rooms, all at the end of one hallway (both 1st and 2nd floor). The comments we have gotten from our non-smoking guests about the smoke smell in the halls has convinced us that we need to change to an entirely smoke free hotel. This change will take place on January 1 2012. Thank you for all your comments, they are very helpful.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Great place if your traveling with Dogs. Small pet fee but that's everywhere you travel. No breakfast served at least that I've ever seen.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family