1,195 results
All reviewsmiller hill mallroom was cleanhave stayed here many timesno elevatorclose proximitynice place to staybiscuits and gravyconvenient locationstay there againyogurtthe breakfast areahot tubcanal parkpopcornbirdersmotelfridge
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past. The Days Inn Duluth is not an upscale hotel by any means, but it is clean and comfortable.
Positives: The room was clean. I liked it had a mini fridge; since I am seldom up in time for the complementary breakfast, I usually keep some milk and juice and a box of cereal in the room for when I do get up. The front desk staff is usually friendly and helpful. Most of the time when I returned to the hotel that night, I could smell something edible they had set out for the guests to snack on - like fresh popcorn, chips/salsa, cookies, etc.
Wireless internet in the rooms is reliable. There is a public computer in the lobby, for those who do not have laptops but need to check email or weather conditions. Each time after I depart, I receive a message from the company asking me to rate my stay. I receive a reply message from hotel management thanking me for my input.

Negatives: In the past I have always had a room on the second floor. This hotel has no elevator, but that has never been a concern for me. During this 3-night stay, I was assigned a room on the main floor. Although all the rooms appear to be non-smoking down this coridoor, the hallway always smells like smoke. The room also had some remnent smoke smell coming from the fan vent in the bathroom. I can only assume that the employees smoke in an area outside the laundry room facility and when this door is open to the hallway, the airflow brings it in. Also rooms on the main floor seem to be more noisy than the upstairs rooms. When people walk on the sideway outside, past the room, the sound comes in through the wall air conditioner - I woke up one morning thinking someone was actually in my room, when they were talking outside. The rolling desk chair in my room was broken and leaned forward. I was going to ask another be brought to my room, but each time I walked by the front desk they were busy with other guests. (Management was told in follow-up review.) Since Duluth is on the North Shore, this hotel charges more on the summer/fall season - more than I would like to pay for this level of hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room, if possible
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MNSandSeeker
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed for one night on August 8,2011. It was okay for 2 star hotel. The front door to the hotel is inconspicuous. Friendly front desk staff even though it took a while to check in. Really old hotel and very low ceilings. There is no elevator so had to walk up one set of stairs. At eight pm they put out fresh cookies, chips and salsa and cranraisins, which was very nice as we had just drove all day. We were on the second floor and the room was clean. Strange set up of the bathroom. The tub and toilet were in one room and the sink was right by the front door entrance. The bathroom is very, very small but functional. The beds were comfortable and ample pillows. Breakfast bar is mediocre. Overall,I liked it, a bit pricey for a two star. There is a safe insurance fee of $2 added to to the bill upon checkout. Not sure why they just don't include in their price and we never asked for an inroom safe? Otherwise might stay there again if the rate was right.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PenelopeKtravels
Duluthmanager, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Days Inn Duluth, we are pleased that you stayed with us, and that you liked your stay. Let us know if there are any future dates we can reserve for you, we look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you very much for your positive remarks, and have a great day.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and neat. Wish they had an ice machine on the second floor. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Stop overnight at this hotel. It is a typical 3* hotels and price wise fairly the same as anything else. Continental breakfast is included with the usual fare; pancake, yogurt, cereal and varieties of pastries and bread with few fresh fruit. We asked King room and the room was on the second floor, with no elevator. I truly don't mind that at all but for those that have mobility problem, it could be a huge problem. The room was huge, with a full 3-seat sofa, another chair, table and still plenty of space, The only big problem for me was the air conditioning (window type). It was extremely loud...and given that it was so hot outside, you needed it. So, make sure you do have ear plugs otherwise it will be impossible to sleep.

Customer service is excellent. I forgot an item and only realized that while on the road. I called the hotel and Amanda took the time to go back in the room and confirmed to me that she had the item in hand and that it was no problem at all to send the item back to my home. She assured me the manager would do so on Monday morning.

So, I am rating this hotel high especially due to this excellent customer service. It is comforting to know that if something goes wrong, the staff at the hotel will do their best to help you...and this hotel delivered.

Room Tip: Away from stairways is always quieter
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Overall its not too bad. The room was kind of small, but it wasnt bad. Decent value for the money that was spent.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple