“Nice for families”
Review of Comfort Inn West

Comfort Inn West
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We visited during the week, so it was quiet, but I was impressed. Slightly pricey compared to others in the chain, but competitive for the Duluth area.

They not only offer a nice breakfast option, but also a happy hour with a hot snack (we hit nacho night) and free cookies in the lobby during off times.

Clean room, great service, nice (but small) pool, and convenient location - exactly what we needed.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed September 2, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for two nights on 4th Of July weekend. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. My kids loved pool. The room was very clean and comfortable. My son was surprised that the free breakfast had bacon and eggs, since he seemed to think "free breakfast" meant cereal and bagels.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night. The front desk staff was friendly upon check in. The common spaces were decent. Nice pool and hot tub. I found the room was nice enough. The bathroom had a nice granite counter top but for me the deal killer was the multiple pubic hairs on the shower wall. I can't stand a dirty room. For this reason alone, I would not stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank boehm421
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I'm downgrading my review of the Comfort Inn because of a $1.50/night charge for a safe in the room. I was there with 3 friends for three nights and we were not aware of the charge until we had already checked out and happened to look over the details of the receipt (which I don't usually do but will from now on!) Other than that, the hotel was extremely nice, a grade above most Comfort Inns I've stayed at. The breakfast was excellent and the yummy treats at happy hour were a big plus. But I've still peeved at the safe charge, especially when I wasn't told about it at check in.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen F
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Very Clean, Comfortable, Very Clean!!! (oh, I guess I already said that.) But IT WAS!
Courteous staff, welcoming folks, good breakfasts,-- too strong a coffee though, at least for us. The bed was comfortable & the room was very clean. The hall carpet could use some up-grading, especially for the appearance of the rest of the hotel.
We found it to be a "little pricey", but then there was a LOT going on: The Blue Angels & the Army Raptor plane were in town for their show.
The price was a little out of our range and we had to book a minimum of 2 nights, but it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Recently we stayed in the Comfort Inn West in Duluth MN. It was fantastic. The facilities were immaculate and the service was outstanding. The complimentary breakfast was the best I have ever experienced. In the evening they also provided a snack as well. The pool was also exceptionally clean and nice. Rooms were well kept and clean. Great stay all around. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed there on an extremely busy weekend (8-17-2014. The staff was excellent - the
lobby presented itself very well but the hallway carpet to the room looked dirty or at best was a very poor choice of pattern because it looked dirty. The front desk staff was excellent - cordial - professional and very helpful. The room was clean but the bed hurt my back and occasionally there was the very loud noise of a pump of some kind running right next to our room. Thankfully, that didn't start til morning so it most likely was caused by fellow dwellers taking showers. I thought the breakfast was very skimpy and I am not a big eater. I think I got my money's worth but most likely will not stay in this one again.

Room Tip: try not to be on the ground floor in the north end