“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
Brooklyn Park, MN
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very nice hotel. Our room was clean and well appointed with a nice large bathroom. Location was good for what we were in town for. We did not have any contact with the staff except for arrival and checkout and didn't participate in the Saturday evening happy hour, so I can't comment on that expect the front desk employee was friendly. Good complimentary breakfast with lots of options. We used the pool and hot tub; clean and well maintained. I would recommend Comfort Inn West and will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Easily accessible from I-35W. Friendly front desk staff. Helpful housekeeping staff. Great variety of breakfast items. Clean, comfortable rooms. The pillows are fantastic! Internet access quick. Indoor pool & hot tub clean and enjoyable. Few MINOR negatives - tub drains on the slow side so you're standing in water while taking a shower and the eggs & sausage were kind of cold (but microwave just an arms length away took care of that problem). With two teenage boys, the extra room space and two T.V.s was perfect. Since we'll be making more & more trips this way to visit our son in college...we'll definitely return here to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double queen suite...gave us the extra room we needed to with teenage boys PLUS the s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Heidi D
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I use this property 4 to 6 times per year. It is older, but very well maintained and they seem to be constantly updating the various areas of the hotel. Rooms always clean, breakfast always good, and the staff is friendly. An excellent choice with reasonable rates during the week. Weekend rates are high, but that is true of all the Duluth area hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Oak Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Me and my husband stayed in Duluth for our anniversary. The Comfort Inn West is clean, friendly staff, and a great complimentary continental breakfast. I would highly recommond this hotel to my freinds and family

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow. They only had little square pillows and I woke up with a neck ache
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I can highly recommend the hotel. We stayed there on New Year's Eve on our way home to Winnipeg. GPS found the destination without any problems. Plenty of free parking. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The King's room excellent with all the conveniences. The free breakfast includes a variety of options, both continental and hot buffet. There is nice swimming pool, which we did not use. On our road from Nova Scotia to Manitoba this was by far the best over night stay. We definitely will use the hotel again, when travelling that route. Unfortunately they do not have a restaurant, but we had the best ever pizza delivered from VIP Pizza restaurant.

Room Tip: We were offered a quiet room so we would not be bothered by possible noise from New years eve celebr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

After spending last year at the edge water hotel for my hockey tournament, I wanted to try something different this year, since I was disappointed at the edge. Upon arrival I was given a complimentary upgrade to a king suite, which was extremely nice. It included an in room jacuzzi, which came in very handy after my tourney. It also had a very large and comfortable bed. The complimentary morning breakfast was fantastic, more than expected. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I also liked the location since its just off 35 as you come into Duluth. I will be returning here next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Nort Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed in Duluth many times, but this was my first stay at Comfort Inn West. It is right off I35, (maybe three blocks away). Yet I never heard a sound of the highway. The property is extremely clean and well maintained. The staff is delightfully friendly and helpful. My room was warm, quiet and comfortable.

I really couldn't recommend it more!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo