“Save money and be treated as a valued guest -- Stay here!”
Review of Comfort Inn West

Comfort Inn West
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at this property for a get away weekend with some friends. Typically when I am in the area I stay at the Comfort Suites in Canal Park, but they did not have any rooms available. Honestly I can't say what a nice surprise this Comfort Inn was. The hotel itself is quite nice with the recent renovations, and better yet, ever member of the staff we encountered were extremely friendly and happy to help. The only downfall is their location not being in Canal park, but a couple extra miles is worth it. This hotel just became my choice location when I am in Duluth. My recommendation:

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LLaSavage

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Just decided to get away Christmas night and stay at a place close to home, so we could take our granddaughter swimming. What a surprise. This place was great. Clean, comfortable, great pool area and great breakfast. The whole experience here was great. We will definitely stay here again. Have to say the price for a Sunday night was a little high, but well worth it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank pgrandys
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Very Pleasant and affordable place to stay in Duluth. Easy on/off from Hwy 35 and about 3 to 4 exits south of the main downtown area. They are in the process of remodeling this hotel, so everything is new and fresh. The breakfast is okay, better than most of the lower chains, typical fare of scrambled eggs, waffles and sausage, with muffins, toast friut, etc. The capaccino maker was a nice surprise (gas station quality). Very clean hotel, with inviting pool/spa area. Safe part of town (not attractive, more industrial, but safe). If you are passing through Duluth, or want a clean, inexpensive place to stay during your visit, this would be my choice. My only disappointment was that the beds were a little on the hard side for my taste, so the first night was not my best nights sleep.

Room Tip: We went for the slightly upgraded room with the fridge and microwave and it is slightly larger too...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I booked this hotel because everything on Canal Park was booked. It was a pleasant surprise, the rooms were large and clean. Looks like they were remodeling some of the 2nd floor rooms. We booked a room with a microwave, mini fridge and have only one minor compliant and that was the noise in the hallway travels easily into your room. Don't know if that is something that they can fix. Breakfast was good-hot sausage, scrambled eggs, bagels, waffles, etc. Coffee was weak though, I couldn't drink it, had to get caffeine elsewhere. Staff was very courteous, we got a call before we left home, explaining that there was road construction at their exit and to call if we needed different directions to get to their hotel. I was glad for the 'heads up' from the other reviewers here that mentioned the safe charge. I did get charged for using the safe (which we never touched) and they took it off when I mentioned it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2011

After reading reviews from some other hotels in West Duluth, we settled on the Comfort Inn even though we were uncomfortable with the high price of over $160 with taxes. It was very comfortable and quiet. I was happy to see a security guard making the rounds at night and a key was required for entrance after 10:30 pm. The hot breakfast was great. The room was a little worn, but very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I booked the last available room (#100), which of course was a smoking room. They cautioned me ahead of time that the room would be in a smoking wing and therefore I could smell smoke, but since I needed to stay on the West End, I booked it. I was not disappointed. Yes, the room had a smoky smell, but after 30 minutes with the window open and the bathroom fan running, the smokiness was completely gone and I had a fresh, clean, and airy room! The beds were very comfortable with soft linens, the bathroom was exceptionally clean and roomy, and the room itself was very nice. The service at the front desk was friendly, helpful, and everyone had a "No Problem" attitude. The continental breakfast was on the generous side, with waffles pastries, fruit, eggs, meat, etc. The location of the hotel is great - right by the interstate, but out of sight and sound of the traffic. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you aren't a smoker, and have to stay in a smoking room, the staff is very helpful about prov...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank HermitCrab B
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed for four nights and were very pleased with the amenities. The hot breakfast had many selections including scrambled eggs, bacon, two flavors of Belgium waffles, pastries, fruit, breads, cappucino and three coffee choices. The beds were very comfortable, the room and bathroom were spotless as was the lobby area. Although we didn't use the pool and hot tub I could see they were also very clean. I would definitely stay again when in Duluth and have recommended it to friends. The location was close to I-35 without having the noise and only 5 minutes from Park Canal.

Room Tip: This hotel is only two floors and I think any of the rooms would have been fine.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple