“Very Authentic Italian Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Va Bene Caffe

Va Bene Caffe
Ranked #4 of 245 Restaurants in Duluth
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated, fresh Italian. Not your nonna's trattoria. Pastas, salads,pizzas, staek,fish, fresh baked desserts and gelato. Full bar, fantastic wine list and specialty cocktails. Perched over looking Lake Superior with the best view of the lift bridge and harbor.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Authentic Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had the angel hair pasta with sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, etc. I found the food to be very authentic; however I prefer to have more garlic in my olive oil and more spice. My wife had pasta with a red sauce and meat balls. I liked the red sauce but not so much the meat balls. The pastas they use here are fabulous and they also have a decent wine list. Definitely one of the better Duluth based restaurants.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Poipu, Hawaii
“A great neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on the way to our granddaughter's play. The service was great and the menu full of good looking items. Clearly this is a great place for the non-tourist crowd. The food was very good with good portions. I told my wife that if we lived here we would eat here every week

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JVPonKauai
“Great food and view on Lake Superior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice cafe with excellent food and service. We both had the homemade pasta bar with 3 choices of ingredients with basil-pesto sauce. It was very tasty. My only disappointment was we came for lunch and the fresh bread wasn't ready yet. The view of Lake Superior is excellent from the back of the restaurant.

Duluth, Minnesota
“A delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We just dined at Va Bene this evening and were very pleased. The view of Lake Superior is gorgeous and the atmosphere very pleasant. The staff was friendly. We had been there a short time and our waitress brought us some very tasty, chewy bread and olive oil with balsamic vinegar, without our asking. We ordered wine and received a good amount, not just a taste.I had the Pesto Verdura and it was very good.

• Visited October 2013
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Good food but rushed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've been here twice in the past year. The food and atmosphere are good. Also, they had gluten-free menu options for my wife. But I always feel like I'm being rushed - have you ever been to a place that brings your entree out while you are just having your salad that arrived a few minutes ago - that's this place. I might expect that at an inexpensive chain, but it's not acceptable here. I had better service at the Olive Garden. By all means give it a try, but don't put your whole order in at once!!

Visited October 2013

Been to Va Bene Caffe? Share your experiences!