“A great neighborhood gem”
Review of Va Bene Caffe

Va Bene Caffe
Ranked #4 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, fresh from-scratch Italian. Not your nonna's trattoria. Pastas, salads,pizzas, steak, fish, fresh baked desserts and gelato. Full bar, fantastic wine list and specialty cocktails. Perched overlooking Lake Superior with the best views of the lift bridge and harbor. Indoor and outdoor seating.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stopped here on the way to our granddaughter's play. The service was great and the menu full of good looking items. Clearly this is a great place for the non-tourist crowd. The food was very good with good portions. I told my wife that if we lived here we would eat here every week

1  Thank JVPonKauai
There are newer reviews for Va Bene Caffe

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice cafe with excellent food and service. We both had the homemade pasta bar with 3 choices of ingredients with basil-pesto sauce. It was very tasty. My only disappointment was we came for lunch and the fresh bread wasn't ready yet. The view of Lake Superior is excellent from the back of the restaurant.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We just dined at Va Bene this evening and were very pleased. The view of Lake Superior is gorgeous and the atmosphere very pleasant. The staff was friendly. We had been there a short time and our waitress brought us some very tasty, chewy bread and olive oil with balsamic vinegar, without our asking. We ordered wine and received a good amount, not just a taste.I had the Pesto Verdura and it was very good.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've been here twice in the past year. The food and atmosphere are good. Also, they had gluten-free menu options for my wife. But I always feel like I'm being rushed - have you ever been to a place that brings your entree out while you are just having your salad that arrived a few minutes ago - that's this place. I might expect that at an inexpensive chain, but it's not acceptable here. I had better service at the Olive Garden. By all means give it a try, but don't put your whole order in at once!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Both the food and the service are excellent. The atmosphere is bright and cheerful, and the wine list extensive.

Been to Va Bene Caffe? Share your experiences!