“Love Va Bene” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Va Bene Caffe

Va Bene Caffe
Ranked #4 of 252 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated, fresh Italian. Not your nonna's trattoria. Pastas, salads,pizzas, staek,fish, fresh baked desserts and gelato. Full bar, fantastic wine list and specialty cocktails. Perched over looking Lake Superior with the best view of the lift bridge and harbor.
Wisconsin
“Love Va Bene”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Great cocktails, great italian food in a relaxed and scenic atmosphere. Sitting in the solarium, you have a front row seat to Lake Superior. My favorite is the Carbonara. Also check out the dessert menu.

Visited April 2012

Minnesota
“Cute little resturant close to Fitgers hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Small restuarnt with great food and service. Tucked away in a little area close to Fitgers. You can pick your pasta and sauce or order off the menu. Good desserts.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank mustangsali
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great atmosphere, tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I had a beautiful view of Lake Superior to enjoy during our meal since we were seated in the enclosed porch. Perfect for a date. The service was very friendly and attentive. The food was great, especially dessert. We tried the carrot cake gelato with a slice of Italian cream cake... Delicious combination!

Leave yourself a few minutes extra just in case to find parking. There is metered parking in the lot and on the surrounding streets. We went for dinner on a Saturday night and had a short walk from across the street since the lot was full.

We will definitely be back to this cozy, romantic spot!

• Visited April 2012
Washburn, Wisconsin
“Not giving up yet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

LOVE the décor. Wonderful choice of yellow.. well-designed, closed-in porch "by the sea." The train goes by practically underneath it but I did not experience that. I had excellent service. My dinner was a pasta dish with walnuts and pears in a white sauce. The pasta was a teeny bit overcooked.. not a big issue. The dish, overall, was just too rich. With those ingredients, I would have liked a lighter (angel hair direction) pasta, uncooked pear slices on the side, nuts chopped into smaller pieces, a small amount of sauce and some grated cheese on top. Less rich.
Friends have said, "wow" and also, "so-so." I would like to try it again.
$8 for a glass of wine.. Hmmmm.. I can buy a bottle of GOOD wine for that. Really good!
I have been to Italy a few times and the good food there features lots of veggies (though Italians are sure in love with their meats.)
Va Bene is spotless, attractive, easy parking but limited, on the lake. WORTH A TRY! You may like it better than I did and I may like it better next time!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Twin Cities MN
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

A couple at our hotel told us about this restaurant, and we had to try it. Not the fastest service on earth, but that is NOT what this place is about. The food was FANTASTIC. Everything was tasty, and although I've never been to Italy it seems they strive to be very authentic. SIT ON THE LAKESIDE of the restaurant if you can -- it's a very cool space with a great view.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank KCinMN

Been to Va Bene Caffe? Share your experiences!