“Great Neighborhood Breakfast Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of New London Cafe

New London Cafe
Ranked #24 of 254 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“Great Neighborhood Breakfast Value”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I live about two hours from Duluth, and when I get a chance to visit I usually stay with a good friend in the Lakeside neighborhood. Fortunately for me, he slept in last Saturday, and I was off to a marvelous neighborhood breakfast and lunch joint. This cozy (which means it gets crowded early), establishment serves a great breakfast for cheap! But there is no corner-cutting here! The servings are ample--I had the cinnamon french toast with eggs and bacon (ordered, and served, "crisp"), but I really had two other conflicts, the Gitchee Gummee Belgian Waffle Platter, and the Hawk Ridge Fritter French Toast Platter (which comes with bacon and two eggs cooked to order). Can't wait to return!

I've never had the opportunity to lunch at New London--too bad for me, because while I was waiting for breakfast, my mouth was watering over a sign for a tuna melt!

I highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2012

Duluth, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique and wonderful”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Love this place, Made from scratch everything. Nice warm atmosphere and feel. Always a great friendly staff.

Visited October 2012
Toledo, Ohio
“great breakfast and fast service”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you want a great neighborhood restaurant, this delivers. It is simple straight forward dining with great service. The locals fill the place. The hot chocolate is tip top. The breakfast egg dishes are filling and not over cooked. The pies are great too.

Visited October 2012
Superior, Wisconsin
“Great food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a quaint, cozy little place with very good food. We especially love the wild rice burger with sweet potato fries, and we aren't vegetarians, either! Staff has always been friendly and prompt. We'll keep coming back!

• Visited August 2012
“In response to Aug 15 review”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was in New London Cafe on Aug 15 and the kids the lady brought in that day were out of control! We left early because of them and saw several other customers complaining about them. Control your kids when you go out to eat!!! I can't believe she complained about the restaurant when her and her kids were the problem.

3 Thank Tucker58

Been to New London Cafe? Share your experiences!