Tripadvisor
Duluth
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews superior suite barnum suite gracious hosts each morning relaxing stay gas fireplace jacuzzi tub gourmet breakfast joy jim brookside skylight northwoods fisher mansion comfort lake
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2019

We had a delightful stay at the Firelight Inn. The breakfasts were delicious and the room (Superior Suite) was luxurious and full of charm. Jim and Joy have thought of every detail to make their inn a special retreat for travelers. It was a beautiful rainy weekend in Duluth, and we will fondly remember eating breakfast in our room with the skylights halfway open and listening to the creek outside. We look forward to staying here again.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jim and Joy F, Owner at The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

We're so glad you enjoyed your weekend stay with us in our Superior Suite. Thank you for your five star review and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

This was our 5th visit to The Firelight Inn. We feel so Blessed to have had the opportunity to go there again. We absolutely love everything about this wonderful Bed and Breakfast. The ambiance, the jacuzzi, the comfortable bed, the fabulous breakfast that get delivered to your room each morning and Joy and Jim the wonderful hosts that open up their home for us to share. I just can’t say enough about how each visit here has left us feeling refreshed and relaxed. We are looking forward to returning again!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jim and Joy F, Owner at The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

It's always a delight when you and Bruce come and stay with us. Thanks for your positive review and we do look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 17, 2019

My wife and I stayed at the Firelight Inn for two nights in February and enjoyed our experience immensely. The proprietors offered exceptional hospitality and we had a great room with a gas fireplace, jacuzzi tub, and plenty of room for two people. Best of all was the breakfast delivered to our door each morning, with so much good food we could hardly finish it all. It was a great cozy place to come back to after winter activities, but I'm sure the huge porch in the front would be a great spot to hang out in the summer time. I'd recommend the Firelight Inn to others looking for a great B&B experience in Duluth.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jim and Joy F, Owner at The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

We're happy you enjoyed your stay at The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast and thank you for your five star review. We hope to see you both again!

Reviewed February 20, 2019

My wife and I feel so blessed to have stayed at the Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast. We arrived on a very snowy night, yet we were greeted with warm smiles that echoed the gorgeous, historically renovated home. We received an optional tour of the home. Each room was spacious and charming. They were updated yet true to the period. There was a fireplace and jacuzzi tub in each. Our room, the Barnum Suite, was awesome and the king size bed was super comfortable. After spending some time with our hosts, we were asked if we like breakfast in the dining room or delivered to our room. We chose to have it delivered. The next morning we woke to beautiful beams of light reflecting off Lake Superior, culminated by hot, homemade breakfast delivered to our door. The meal was delicious and very filling. We loved every moment of our stay, the gracious hosts went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. And we love the beautifully presented home which has maintained the character of the home Barnum built for his family in 1910, yet cleverly incorporated modern conveniences. We highly recommend the Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jim and Joy F, Owner at The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2019

We were so happy to be your destination on that snowy evening for your getaway with your beloved! Thank you for your kind words and five star review.

Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I have returned to the beautiful Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek. We have had many visits to this beautiful b &b. Joy and Jim are amazing hosts. Tonight my love and I decided to stay in. As the winter wind blows, and snow is falling heavy outside, I cannot help but feel grateful for Joy and Jim's hospitality. We have enjoyed a soup dinner with a surprise birthday treat for my husband. I hope to keep coming back to this gem of a b&b to create more memories with my husband.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We enjoyed our chat by the fireplace during the snow storm and thank you for your five star review! We look forward to you both making more memories at The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast.