When I was first looking on the internet, I wanted something close to Canal Park, something that would keep the Grandkids busy and something that I would get the biggest bang for my buck. I read a lot of the reviews both Pro and Con and made the decision to go with Edgewater Hotel and Waterpark.
It was easy to get to the Hotel. Once there, we were greeted by a person at a outside desk that help direct us and answer our questions. This concept of having a person outside to direct and help get tickets to different events ahead of time and with a discount is great. Check in was painless.
We purchased the breakfast meal ahead of time when we made reservations, they were very reasonable, considering that you would have to load everyone in the car, find a restaurant and then come back again. I liked the breakfast at the hotel because it had hot food, great selection and it catered to the grandkids with chocolate chip pancakes and different kinds of toppings.
The complete staff was very friendly and accommodating. They had smiles on their faces, great attitudes and helpful.
The waterpark was fantastic, grandkids and I had a great time together. What I really appreciated was the lifeguards. They seemed to rotate them on a regular basis and even had one on foot walking around to the different areas to make sure everything was going OK. I truly liked the safety aspect that was given. Thanks.
The rooms were quiet, liked the chairs/tables outside our room to be able to set in the evening and early in the morning to have coffee. Because of the different levels it took a little time getting use to directions, but after the first day was OK,
Grandkids like the arcade game room, the miniature golf, and the camp fire to roast marsh mellows.
The only regret was that I did not bring our whole family, three kids and 5 grandkids, instead of our two grandkids that were 10 and 12 yrs old.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN, the Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark is your complete Duluth hotels vacation resort destination. Enjoy our indoor waterpark, arcade, outside play area, pool and hot tub, and easy access to Duluth's Lakewalk and restaurants. Relax in a comfortable and clean room with all the amenities and views of Lake Superior. Whatever you're looking for, you'll find it here at the funnest hotel in Duluth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TravelClick, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Resort And Waterpark
- Edgewater Resort & Waterpark Hotel Duluth
- Edgewater Hotel Waterpark
- Duluth Edgewater
- Edgewater Hotel Duluth
- Best Western Edgewater Duluth Mn