WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Hibbing, MN
“Happy, happy, happy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

My granddaughter and I stayed at this hotel when my husband was stuck in a local hospital. I thought I might spend my evening worrying about him but I just focused on the fun. Our room was clean and spacious. My granddaughter found the Disney channels a delight since we do not have them at home. The waterpark was awesome. She and I kept saying (while we were in the waterpark) we knew where our next vacation would be, "HERE!" I also found the hotel staff helpful. To try and save a few bucks when I discovered that my husband would not be joining us I thought I could switch our rate to a patient rate offered to those visiting area hospitals and the girl at the desk was helpful/honest in telling me that that rate wouldn't include the waterpark, saving me a mistake I'd later regret. I will stay again... with more family

Room Tip: We had a balcony room facing the lake and enjoyed the morning view. Nice to get fresh air 1st thing...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Charlene E,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your base while your husband was in the hospital. I'm so glad you and your granddaughter were able to relax and enjoy you time together here, and that you have many fond memories of your visit. We're thrilled to hear that you will be making your next vacation here and look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Alton, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We found Edgewater through Trip Advisor and based on reviews, decided to make it part of our Minnesota Road Trip. It's a great location in order to visit the Canal Park area or take a day trip up the coast, of which we did both during our stay. Although the water park was secondary for us, it was good to use later in the evening. While Wisconsin Dells holds the crown for "big" water parks, this one was fine for our family (2 kids ages 9 and 12) for the amount of time we used it. I think if you go there specifically for the waterpark, older kids might get bored. The staff was professional, and the room was clean and spacious...we had a 2 bedroom with a lake view and balcony which is great for families, but make sure to ask for it when you reserve or you could get a room facing the water park, unless you want that. We did not utilize the breakfast at the hotel which was a little pricy for what we normally eat, so we packed our own. Room had a mini fridge, two sinks (one in bathroom) and microwave. Area around hotel seemed safe, and the lakewalk walking and biking path has a connecting bridge from the hotel parking lot. Neat place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Arnie212121,

Thank you very much for including us in your recent Minnesota Road Trip! I'm glad your and your family enjoyed your time here and appreciate your comments and recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can serve you here again.

Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Hotel room has a small balcony to view the lake. It was delightful to watch the sunrise. Room had more than what I needed. Along with hair dryer and coffee maker there was a refrigerator and microwave. Perfect for a family stay. Decor appeared to need updating and sound control efforts did not control hall noise or road traffic noises.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear epazota,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. I'm sorry for any disturbance you experienced due to noise and hope you will accept my apologies. I'm glad you and your family were happy with other aspects of your room and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will be our guest again.

Crystal, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

We just returned home from thisFABULOUS hotel. We took our 2 year old on our first family vacation here and we had a BLAST! I really appreciate the time and effort the staff put in to making this a wonderful family event. From cute towel animals from housekeeping to the breakfast buffet staff that greeted us with a smile to the lifeguards who NEVER took their eyes of the pools. We will be back for sure!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Miranda H,

Thank you very much for making your very first TA review about the fabulous time you and your family had with us here at the Edge. Everyone here works hard to deliver a higher quality guest experience than our competitors, and we really appreciate your feedback and recognition of jobs well done by our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Annandale, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I do not Think I will stay here again. The hallways are dirty and smelly. The room was dirty and old looking. There was a big glob of hair stuck to the blanket of my bed, the carpet is disgusting dirty and sticky! I paid $490 to stay here for three nights and now I regret it! The food is too expensive here we ate elsewhere. I did love the gym though and spent a lot of time there. I was disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear techie47,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your comments. i'm sorry you for the conditions your found in your room and the hallways and understand your disappointment and regrets. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced here.We'd like the opportunity to make amends and hope you will contact me at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can continue this discussion. We value your business and your feedback and will try to regain your confidence.

Hammond, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our daughter lives in Duluth - going to college at Lake Superior College - this was going to be a get-away to visit her on Father's Day. After talking with one of our other daughters, the grandchildren wanted to come with - of course!!! I called the Edgewater Hotel on Saturday to find out how much an extra wristband would be - Rachael said no problem - and no extra charge!!!! Very happy to hear that. When checking in, Austin was very, very helpful. He explained the two tokens - buy one get one free drinks at the bar - how nice!!!!! Plus, I had $35 in hotel bucks to use at the hotel and - also - tokens for the arcade!!!!! After meeting up with our daughter, she also wanted to stay, so I went down to the desk and ordered a cot - it was delivered within minutes - again very impressive!!!! I used $25 of the bucks to eat at the buffet and the other $10 at the gift shop to buy a t-shirt. The only thing that I feel was missing, was a bathroom fan. Everyone was so nice and very accommodating - even when we got locked out on our balcony by our grandson!!!!

Dear Dawn A,

Thanks for choosing to celebrate Father's Day with your family at the Edgewater, and for making the time to write and submit your review. It is guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We were at Edgewater Hotel in June 2014 for three nights for a family get-together and can give this establishment high marks for being family friendly. The rooms were great -- 2 bedr/2bath suites. They were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The waterpark was a great outlet for children to work off some energy and we were glad to see the presence of lifeguards. An individual in our group competed in the "Wing Eating Challenge" and he did complete it. According to him the wings were good and pleasantly "hot". The kids said that the pizza was good. Some people said that the breakfast buffet was overrated and too expensive. My husband and I did not indulge in the buffet so cannot say the prior remark is absolutely correct. There is a nice little gift shop where we made several purchases. Our son's girlfriend thought the coffee shop had wonderful tea selections. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any question we had. I would consider going to the Edgewater Hotel again.

1 Thank J50IDKarenD
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear J50IDKarenD,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your recent family gathering, and for taking the time to write and post your detailed review. I'm glad you were happy with the service & accommodations and that you enjoyed the waterpark and activities there. We have recently made wonderful improvements to our breakfast buffet and are pleased to share details below:

Who: Edgewater Hotel Guests, General Public
What: A BIG Breakfast Buffet
Where: Edgewater Hotel and Waterpark, Lake Superior Ballroom
When: Daily from 7:00am-10:30am (adjusted based on occupancy)
Price: Adults $5.99, Seniors $4.99, 4-12 $0.99, Under 3 Free (plus tax)

ALL YOU CAN EAT PANCAKE BUFFET:
The New Breakfast - Presented by Savories Catering and The Edgewater Resort & Waterpark
Buttermilk Pancakes
Fruit Pancakes
Chocolate Pancakes
All the Fixings: Whipped Cream, Maple Syrup, Blueberry Syrup, Blueberry Topping, Strawberry Topping, Cherry Topping, Apple Spice Topping, Salty Nuts, Dried Fruit, Oreo Bits
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Oatmeal
Cinnamon Rolls
Toast and Bagels
Fresh Fruit
(9) Cereal Varieties
Juice, Lemonade, Coffee, Milk

We value your business and your feedback and hope we can serve you here again.