All reviews mini golf bunk beds drink tokens the indoor water park outdoor pool and hot tub breakfast buffet edge water wear and tear room suite great view of lake north shore lake walk lifeguards arcade tiki waterslides grandkids
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We were at Edgewater Hotel in June 2014 for three nights for a family get-together and can give this establishment high marks for being family friendly. The rooms were great -- 2 bedr/2bath suites. They were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The waterpark was a great outlet for children to work off some energy and we were glad to see the presence of lifeguards. An individual in our group competed in the "Wing Eating Challenge" and he did complete it. According to him the wings were good and pleasantly "hot". The kids said that the pizza was good. Some people said that the breakfast buffet was overrated and too expensive. My husband and I did not indulge in the buffet so cannot say the prior remark is absolutely correct. There is a nice little gift shop where we made several purchases. Our son's girlfriend thought the coffee shop had wonderful tea selections. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any question we had. I would consider going to the Edgewater Hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank J50IDKarenD
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear J50IDKarenD,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your recent family gathering, and for taking the time to write and post your detailed review. I'm glad you were happy with the service & accommodations and that you enjoyed the waterpark and activities there. We have recently made wonderful improvements to our breakfast buffet and are pleased to share details below:

Who: Edgewater Hotel Guests, General Public
What: A BIG Breakfast Buffet
Where: Edgewater Hotel and Waterpark, Lake Superior Ballroom
When: Daily from 7:00am-10:30am (adjusted based on occupancy)
Price: Adults $5.99, Seniors $4.99, 4-12 $0.99, Under 3 Free (plus tax)

ALL YOU CAN EAT PANCAKE BUFFET:
The New Breakfast - Presented by Savories Catering and The Edgewater Resort & Waterpark
Buttermilk Pancakes
Fruit Pancakes
Chocolate Pancakes
All the Fixings: Whipped Cream, Maple Syrup, Blueberry Syrup, Blueberry Topping, Strawberry Topping, Cherry Topping, Apple Spice Topping, Salty Nuts, Dried Fruit, Oreo Bits
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Oatmeal
Cinnamon Rolls
Toast and Bagels
Fresh Fruit
(9) Cereal Varieties
Juice, Lemonade, Coffee, Milk

We value your business and your feedback and hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Staying here at the moment. Hotel is clean, rooms are fine, water park is great. However, we received no maid service. Were gone all day, expecting to come back to clean room, beds made, clean bathroom, nothing. Asked why, they didn't know why we hadn't gotten it, offered nothing except to come up now after 9 pm to do a "little cleanup," take out garbage, fresh towels. Wasn't necessary at this time. I asked if there was anything else they could do,. Answer was arcade tokens. Was expecting a little more than that. Disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jodi W

Dear Jodi W,

I am sorry you didn't have a better experience here and offer my apologies for the disappointment you experienced. Our housekeeping team respects all Do Not Disturb/No Service signs on guest room doors, and it is possible that another guest put one such sign on your door during your absence. We were under the impression that you were satisfied with the resolution we offered, but if that is not the case, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this further. I hope you will give us a chance to make amends.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My family stayed at The Edgewater Hotel in Duluth, MN and found the staff and facilities to be excellent. Even more so, the staff went above and beyond again and again to make us feel comfortable and ease the stresses of travel. Thank you Edgewater for a wonderful family vacation!

We are a young family and our trip to Duluth was one of our first family vacations (where we weren't visiting family, or friends, but just hitting the road as a family to a new town). With the stress of travel, we forgot to check a few drawers upon checkout and when arriving home we realized that we had forgotten several clothes items that belonged to the kids.

My wife called the Edgewater and they never questioned or wondered about how to help us. They said that they'd find our clothes and send them to us - just like that - that simple and helpful. Sure enough, a few days later a box arrived at our house with all kids' clothes that was had left behind!

The trip hospitality was wonderful and the follow-through with the clothes package was above and beyond.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear David S,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. I know how frustrating it can be to forget something in a hotel room, and I'm glad we were able to reunite you and your forgotten items in a timely manner. We really appreciate compliments and hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

the women's locker showers have an incredible amount of black and pink mold growing in the grout of the tiles. The waterfall on the volcano is broken, one of the fountains to go under on the lazy river is broken too. Tiles are missing in the outdoor hot tub and the hotel claims lighting instead of opening the outdoor pool (the only actual place to swim). not worth the money !! also the designated smoking area seems to be between the outdoor pool and the doors to the hotel by the arcade, which is a wind tunnel that traps the smokes and fills up the outdoor pool area inside its glass walls. super fresh..

Room Tip: stay in the new building
2  Thank helena p
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear helena p,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience here and offer my sincere apologies. Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! We welcome all guest feedback and use it to make improvements to our operation. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The good:
Accommodating staff, friendly service
Attentive lifeguards
Fun waterpark
Room had a microwave and fridge. That's handy for kids.

The bad:
The quality of food at the pool snackbar was pretty bad and not cheap (it's hard to ruin boxed mac & cheese, but they did at $5 for a kid's meal)
The rooms need some updating. It's trying for a Polynesian feel, but you know, some nice white comforters that can be washed after every stay (instead of the polyester bedding that we've all seen on "Nightline" or whatever) would be a big improvement
The balconies could use a nice deep cleaning
The lakeview rooms face the lake, but you're not right on the lake. You're on the interstate. Occasionally a loud car really can shake up the room.

I would definitely stay here again with kids. Business travel - no way.

Room Tip: We had 1st floor lakeview balcony. We were near the pool and didn't really get a lot of traffic in the hall. It was nice to step out of room and get to the pool. Lakeview was nice.

Dear Leezer1015,

Thank you very much for posting your detailed review about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry we did a bad job at the pool snackbar, and I will personally spend more time there to assure proper products and procedures are being used. Your input and feedback is important to us and we will take it into consideration as we make improvements to the hotel. We do deep clean the balconies in rotation and I'm sorry yours wasn't in better condition. I'm glad you were happy with other aspects of your stay and appreciate your kind words. I hope we can serve you here again on a future visit and that you will be more pleased with us at that time.

Guest Relations Manager