All reviewsmini golfbunk bedsdrink tokensthe indoor water parkoutdoor pool and hot tubbreakfast buffetedge waterwear and tearroom suitegreat view of lakenorth shorelake walklifeguardsarcadetikiwaterslidesgrandkids
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We are a Family of 5, three kids ages 15, 12, 7. We had a great time for a 2 night stay, the price was a great value. Our boys enjoyed the mini golf. The water park served as a great place for babies to preteen kids to experience a water park.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Adam Z,

Thank you very much for posting your great review and rating about your recent stay with us. We are proud to provide excellent service, facilities and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us and hope that you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My kids loved this hotel. We stayed in a suite that had a separate rooms with bunkbeds which was great. I loved that it had an indoor waterpark for the kids but also a heated outdoor pool and hot tub if you wanted to get away from all the noise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear tuttifrutti123,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice comments. We know how important it is to have quality family time and are glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your time here. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in Duluth.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our family enjoyed this hotel and its amenities. Waterpark had a good variety of activies. The outdoor pool was very warm and fun to swim outside facing Lake Superior. Enjoyed the view of lake and lift bridge. Room is average on the older part, but clean and had most everything we like in a room, plus the price was reasonable. (there are always trade-offs) Mini-fridge needed to be defrosted, but staff brought a working one within 30 minutes. Would have liked a mini-microwave too. Roasted marshmellows 1 night, as hotel provided it. Our 8 year old son enjoyed arcade & mini-golf to have other things to do besides waterpark.

Room Tip: Rooms not in the Tiki Tower---had to walk outside or use sky walk. Liked the view alot.
1  Thank Tracy A

Dear Tracy A,

Thanks for sharing posting your great review about your recent stay with us. We value your business and your feedback. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you back and serving you better the next time you are here.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

At check in we were told that the outdoor pool was open. When we went down to check out the waterpark and pool, we saw a sign by the outdoor pool that said, "pool closed". The "waterpark" was small and dark. There were exactly 2 waterslides - both enclosed. There was no place for anyone to swim indoors. I went to find out if the outdoor pool was open yet and saw that it was not, so I went to the lobby. I asked the manager if the outdoor pool was supposed to be open and he informed me that it was open. I told him that there was a sign that said that it is closed and he said he would check on it. He disappeared around the corner, made a phone call and, when he came back, several minutes later, walked over to the window and said, "It's open!" I have no doubt that he called and told them to open it only because I asked about it. Once we were able to get into the outdoor pool, we found it to be especially nice. It was warm and it was kind of fun to be able to enjoy an outdoor pool in pleasant weather and still see the ice on Lake Superior. The spa would have been enjoyable if it had not been full of sand from all of the children who would come into it after having been on the playground and also if it had not been full of children. There is an abundance of lifeguards in the "waterpark" area but none for the outdoor pool or to supervise the spa.
Our room left so much to be desired. I was extremely small. We requested a rollaway when we checked in and we ended up having to call to remind them to bring it. There was a small refrigerator but no microwave. There were people down the hall cooking something in their room. The walls are paper thin (my husband heard the light switch click in the room next door). You could hear doors slamming all night long and people running up and down the hall. You could see daylight around the door and there was a large gap between the in wall air conditioner unit and the wall. There were 1 1/2 rolls of toilet paper for 5 people for 2 days. All of the rooms in our part of the hotel were non smoking, but the hallway reeked of smoke because people would stand outside with the door open while they smoked.
There is not enough parking for the number and location of the rooms that this hotel has.
This hotel might work for a couple with children under the age of ten who would like to sit and drink while their kids are in the water at the "waterpark". However, if you have children who actually like to swim, save your money and go to a less expensive hotel with a regular pool.
The staff here were less than friendly with one exception - the young man who was working in the game room on Sunday. We will definately NOT be back to this hotel. We are considering one more solidly built for a quiet night.

Room Tip: The best advice I can give to help someone choose a good room would be to choose a room at a different hotel.
1  Thank Addison N
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Addison N,

I am very sorry for all the problems you encountered here and offer my sincere apologies for the frustration, discomfort and disappointment you experienced. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.The only way we can get better is to get honest and timely feedback from guests like you. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your convenience.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed in the Tkki Tower with my daughter and niece. Staff were outstanding from th registration desk to housekeeping, to the waterpark. Everyone listened to our needs and took care of us. Gave us a room on ground floor close to the exit for our dog without us even having to ask which was so helpful. Room was clean and even though it looked directly out to the water park, we barely heard any noise. I can't give it all stars because no matter what we did we couldn't get the room to cool down. Air conditioning ran constantly and the room never got cool enough for a comfortable sleep. It was like the floors were heated.nice place we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear MemorySaver,

Thanks for posting your nice review about our hotel. We are very proud of our people and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here. I'm sorry for the discomfort you experienced due to the AC unit in your room and offer my sincere apologies. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you and your family the next time you visit Duluth.