My wife and I made a reservation at the Edgewater as a Christmas present for our kids. We live about two and a half hours away but our kids were excited to get out of the told and do something warm so we headed for Duluth.
When we arrived, we were shocked to find that the front desk staff was wearing winter hats and jackets. After coming in from the cold, we realized that there was no heat in the lobby. We really did not think much of it but it was extremely cold inside the motel. As we walked towards our room, we noticed that there was not much heat anywhere but we decided to push on.
We arrived at our room at it was freezing so we cranked the heater up on high. Usually when you do this in a hotel, you pay in a few hours with extremely hot conditions but we were lucky to make 60 degrees after having it on for 12 hours.
We next made our way to the water park and found that it was not only freezing but most of it was closed... Most of the people that braved this were sitting in the hot tub and there was no room for any one to sit. We were assured that the entire water park would be up and running in 20 minutes and it never did open that night.
If that would have not been so irritating, as I was checking my email, I noticed that I received an email from an Aveda Spa that is located in the city. The only way that they could have got my email address is that the motel must have sold them mine. To me, there is nothing lower than a lodging facility selling email addresses. This is totally unacceptable.
This all could have been very simply avoided with a phone call to us, telling us the conditions of the waterpark and motel but they must have just been looking at profitability and not guest retention. Hopefully they will get things resolved but the way things were handled when we stayed were terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN, the Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark is your complete Duluth hotels vacation resort destination. Enjoy our indoor waterpark, arcade, outside play area, pool and hot tub, and easy access to Duluth's Lakewalk and restaurants. Relax in a comfortable and clean room with all the amenities and views of Lake Superior. Whatever you're looking for, you'll find it here at the funnest hotel in Duluth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Resort And Waterpark
- Edgewater Resort & Waterpark Hotel Duluth
- Edgewater Hotel Waterpark
- Duluth Edgewater
- Edgewater Hotel Duluth
- Best Western Edgewater Duluth Mn