“I had a wonderful stay”

Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
North Mankato, Minnesota, United States
“I had a wonderful stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the spring, during a snow storm. The water park was a nice contrast to the weather outside. The room was clean, charming, had a fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable. The view from the balcony was stunning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Jennifer M,

Thank you very much for staying with us and posting your comments. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide, and that you enjoyed the view from your room during the snow storm this spring. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
minneapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Definitely not worth the money. The owners should call the facility a "motel" instead of a hotel since many of the rooms only have outdoor access. The water park is decent but loud and has limited seating. And there is not a restaurant as much as what I would call a snack stand that serves pizza and other fast food type items. I would recommend reading the fine print when booking. Our room, which was over $100 was clean but outdated and did not include a microwave or WiFi. Surprising for over $100. The $7.99 facility fee is not worth it, especially in the winter when you cannot use many of the facilities. Our room only had outdoor access. Walking outside in the cold to get waterpark is not wonderful with children. Walking BACK to the room with WET kids in winter is awful. For $125 stay ($100 plus tax plus utility fee) I strongly suggest staying somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank taracoss79
Dear taracross79,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for making us aware of your disappointment during your recent stay with us. We welcome all constructive criticism and use it to improve our operation. I hope you will continue to let us know how we are doing on future visits.

Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Duluth hotels

Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

has a great water park going down the slides made me feal like a kid again . then the rooms were amazing with views of the lake and was close to down town. couldent have asked for a better time . cant wate to come back !!!!!

Room Tip: get a room by the pool to enjoy that to its fullest
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Michael S,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating about your recent visit with us. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself here, and we appreciate your business. I hope we can serve you here again.

Guest Relations Mananger
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is great for a short weekend stay or just overnight for families with young children to young teens. The Waterpark has enough activity to keep them busy for a good portion of the afternoon and evening, they have attentive lifequards. Overall staff was fantastic, from the front desk to housekeeping, they always had smiles and were willing to assist with each of our needs. The rooms are on the cheaper end, adequate, ours had a mini fridge and microwave. Plenty of restaurants in the area. This is not meant for the business traveler. I did notice that they also had a large unit of motel type rooms seperate from the waterpark hotel. You can get a premium room which faces the waterpark or better yet, get a room that faces the lake and watch the boats come in to the harbor and the sunrise across the lake.

Room Tip: lake facing so you can see the boats.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jim N,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your candid comments about our hotel, which, I agree, is better suited for families, although we do have all the amenities that a business traveler would need, including complimentary high speed internet, a complimentary business center, in room work desks, and a fitness center. i'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and hope you will let us serve you here again.

Eveleth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this stay made up for the minor things that were wrong with the last stay my family had. The staff was super friendly. We stayed in the water park view room and it was nice and surprisingly quiet. The water slides and lazy river were shut down to what I'm assuming was a code brown. It made the other portions of the water park very cramped but they were reopened very swiftly! Great hotel, great staff and great water park.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Mark C,

Thanks for coming back to stay with us and for posting your great review and rating. We value your input and your business and really appreciate your understanding. I hope we can serve you here again soon.

Oxford, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

My room was perfect. I was traveling on business, so I didn't have time to use the pool areas. I was able to watch the fun that others were having at the pool. You can watch the water park from the breakfast area. The staff always went above and beyond to make my stay great!

Room Tip: Love the balcony rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tparks2012
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear tparks2012,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about stay with us. It’s guests like you that make our jobs of providing the best in service, accommodations, amenities and facilities very rewarding. We really appreciate your compliments and hope we can serve you again soon.

Amylou62
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very clean pools, very attentitive lifeguards, my 8 year old had a great time in the pool. My 2 year old had an OK time however the area he wanted to be in the most - the area with the play structure - has a gigantic bucket at the top and every so often, the bucket dumps a gigantic amount of water all over the structure. He HATED this. Not only did it scare him but it was forceful enough to knock him over. I don't think this bucket is wisely placed - why have that over the area where the littlest kids would play? This bothered me. The pool is very clean, however and the lifeguards are always watching, which felt good. The hotel is OK - the rooms could use some updating - the bedding was very worn out. The rooms aren't soundproof AT ALL. We were in the area closest to the waterpark and facing Lake Superior. The view was amazing...the sound from the highway all night long was difficult to sleep thru...as was the kids running up and down the hall well after 10pm. Breakfast was a little disappointing...no hot food - basic cereal, donuts, muffins, toast, fruit, yogurt, bagels...my kids didn't mind but I would have liked to see some scrambled eggs or something warm. My main issue was that there was no milk or cream for coffee and we waited over an hour for someone to restock. After a night of poor sleep, coffee was necessary.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Amylou62,

Thank you for posting your candid comments about your recent stay with us. We value all guest feedback and use it to make improvements to our operation. I am truly sorry that you were disappointed in your room and the breakfast and hope you will accept my apologies. I'm also sorry you were disturbed by noise at night and understand your frustration about the lack of coffee creamer & sugar after a sleepless night. I hope you will let us serve you here again so you can see this was the exception rather than the rule. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com.