“Cooperative staff makes for a good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark

Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Grand Marais, Minnesota
“Cooperative staff makes for a good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I live 110 miles from this property and stay here about 8 times a year when in Duluth for medical or business reasons. I never use the waterpark feature of the property. Over the years I have found the staff to be responsive to requests for rooms away from noise, or located in parts of the building that are easier to access. The property does honor coupons and special pricing. The room always very well cleaned and in good condition, plenty of towels, comfy bed linens and beds. The complimentary breakfast varies depending on the day of the week or time of the year, can be skimpy in choices during the week in off season. There are cost cutting decisions evident - less complimentary newspapers, happy hour beverage 'deal' no longer favors single traveler just wanting one beverage multiple purchase needed. The parking can be difficult when the occupancy is high. I do return repeatedly because it a good location for getting around town and... when placed in a Lake Superior view room it is a treat (even though there is some traffic noise).

Room Tip: Noise greater when near waterpark facilities. Some of the outside access rooms can be cold.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank PMA6642
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear PMA6642,

Thank you for your sharing your insights about our hotel from your many visits. We really appreciate guests like you who have seen the many changes we've undergone, and we value your input. I hope you will continue to let us know how we are doing during your future stays.

Ken Jacobs
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The watermark was great for the kids. The lifeguard staff were very professional and I felt they did a good job making sure kids were safe. The room however was not up to par. Rooms were old, there was a gap between the door and floor which went directly outside. The carpet was very old and needs to be replaced

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Trevor C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

There are so many options to stay entertained here. Mini golfing, bouncy houses, outdoor pool, swing set, indoor waterpark, concession stand, arcade, breakfast provided with various options and located close to it all. This is my 'go to' place to stay in or around the north shore with my family. We have been here many times throughout the year and all great experiences.

• Stayed July 2013
Litchfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our family visited this hotel Aug 10-11. It was a nice clean neat hotel. It has a nice breakfast in the morning. Some fresh fruit and some canned. Mostly carbohydrate food such as cereal, toast, muffins, donuts, bagels. There was some juice, milk, and coffee as well. The room was neat and clean. We paid a little extra to stay in the hotel part connected to the water park. We had an awesome view of Lake Superior and the lift bridge. The water park was nice. We thought the water temp was just fine. It was a little humid in there, but that quickly dissipated once you got in the water. The water park was pretty much what we expected. With two toddlers we didn't want anything to extravagant. We didn't go outside and try the pool, but it looked nice and a lot of people were in there so I'm assuming it is just as good as inside. We were able to play mini golf with our boys for free. It was very nice and we could play as long as we wanted. Overall we had a good experience. The hotel wasn't amazing, but I thought we what we expected and very good overall. We would go back again.

Room Tip: Recommend getting in the main building as there is a less walk to get to the water park.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel/resort for business.The room was clean. There was a faint smell of chlorine but it didn't really bother me-it is a waterpark after all. It All the staff I came across with were friendly and helpful. I was a little concern about potential noise seeing all the little kiddies running around but I didn't hear them. They offer free breakfast but they were mostly sweets.I liked that the internet connection was fast. I only regret I didn't get a chance to explore all they had to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms with lake view are great but there is tendency to hear traffic.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

At first I was cautious about our stay here based on some reviews i had read, especially about the cleanliness of the room and since we were staying over a holiday weekend I knew it would be hard to find Anout hotel that could accomodate us and our 3 kids.

When we walked into the room and I was happy to see how clean it was, looks like some upgrades had taken place. I have stayed at other waterpark hotels before and was pleased with how big it was, enough for everyone to do.

Had a lake view and that was very nice too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank thistravelinggirl
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel has the best water park! My family and I had a super time on our vacation! The staff is also wonderful. They are helpful and very friendly. A bigger family checked in next door and I thought we would have heard them all night but we didn't hear a peep. We all slept great. I will let all my family know of the amazing experience I had staying here.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an amazing view of Lake Superior although you can get a great view on lower floor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family