Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsmini golfbunk bedsdrink tokensthe indoor water parkbreakfast buffetedge wateroutdoor poolroom suiteview of the lakenorth shorelifeguardsarcadetikiwaterslidesgrandkidscouponships
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We always stay at this hotel when we are in town. It has a wonderful view of Lake Superior, the waterpark is great but we really enjoy the outdoor mini golf, hot tub and swimming pool. We like to bring our bikes since there is an overpass near the hotel that connects to the Lake Walk. I highly recommend this. The complimentary breakfast is very nice also. We always recommend the Edge to our family and friends.

Room Tip: If you bring a pet along the attached building has walkout rooms. This was very convenient.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice and the hotel is huge.They have alot of rooms.The waterpark is pretty big and is great to go for a couple days.The arcade is nice with all kinds of fun games and nice prizes.I didn't like the mini golf that much.They had a nice little outdoor pool with a hottub.The breakfeast area is huge but they could of added a few more things.Pretty good hotel

Stayed: July 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Fiurwyikjjbcxssd,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. I'm glad you had a nice stay and appreciate your comments. I hope you will be our guest again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here with my 2 year old. Many activities indoors and out, as well as around Duluth.
We booked a suite so the children's bunk beds were in a separate part of the room from the adult beds. The lifeguards in the waterpark were very attentive. My daughter enjoyed the activity pool but the portion of the park geared toward younger children was intimidating for her as there were lots of spray areas and a large bucket that would dump water on the playground every couple minutes, I feel the waterpark is better suited for children who are a little older.

Our room was directly located outside the arcade and pool and therefore very loud. In addition, the cleaning staff tended to be allowing doors to slam until late in the afternoon as they went in and out of rooms.

Breakfast was good with a small area for children to play. I found it disturbing that all plates, glasses, and cutlery were disposable. I find that this area tends to be progressive in green living and I was surprised to find that a hotel of this size is choosing to create so much waste with their breakfast service.

Overall, I would choose to stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the waterpark or are in the arcade hallway will be loud between 8am and 10pm.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jfenner01,

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your candid comments. I apologize for the noise and disturbance created by our housekeeping team and offer my apologies. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation and make them more aware of the impact of their actions. I appreciate your concerns, which we share, about the disposable plates in our breakfast area, and are looking at a variety of more eco friendly solutions. I hope you will be pleased with the changes we make on a future visit.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked a suite for a Monday and Tuesday evening earlier this month. My 2 daughters, myself and my mom planned a short get away to Duluth. Although the accomodations were nice and the waterpark was fun, I was disappointed in the customer service. We arrived at 3 pm which is check in time and were told our room was not ready yet. We waited 90 minutes for our room. It seems to me if you know you are having a big room turnover after a weekend that you should accommodate this by having more housekeepers on for the day. Nothing was offered to us for this delay in our stay. We also ordered a pizza down in the waterpark. When I went to pick it up I was told that they had given our pizza to someone else and needed to make us another one. So we had to wait for another pizza to be made. Even though these aren't huge deals and we would probably stay there again, it was very disappointing when you are spending that much money on a room.

My other suggestion is to improve the breakfast buffet. It was carb and sweet laden. Instead of fresh fruit, it was nasty canned fruit poured into big bowls. They need to look at some of their competitors who offer wonderful breakfasts with your stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristin P
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Kristin P,

I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent stay and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced. We would like to do what we can to make amends and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com to discuss this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a patio room which was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpfull. The breakfast was great. There was food that everybody ate. My kids are 15 yrs and 10 months and they both enjoyed the stay. We plan on coming back. The kids loved the water park and enjoyed walking by lake superior.

• Stayed: August 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Shannon P,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your great comments. It is always nice to receive positive feedback from happy guests, and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can serve you here again.