“Nice stay and big waterpark” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark

Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
“Nice stay and big waterpark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice and the hotel is huge.They have alot of rooms.The waterpark is pretty big and is great to go for a couple days.The arcade is nice with all kinds of fun games and nice prizes.I didn't like the mini golf that much.They had a nice little outdoor pool with a hottub.The breakfeast area is huge but they could of added a few more things.Pretty good hotel

Stayed July 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Fiurwyikjjbcxssd,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. I'm glad you had a nice stay and appreciate your comments. I hope you will be our guest again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Mannheim, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here with my 2 year old. Many activities indoors and out, as well as around Duluth.
We booked a suite so the children's bunk beds were in a separate part of the room from the adult beds. The lifeguards in the waterpark were very attentive. My daughter enjoyed the activity pool but the portion of the park geared toward younger children was intimidating for her as there were lots of spray areas and a large bucket that would dump water on the playground every couple minutes, I feel the waterpark is better suited for children who are a little older.

Our room was directly located outside the arcade and pool and therefore very loud. In addition, the cleaning staff tended to be allowing doors to slam until late in the afternoon as they went in and out of rooms.

Breakfast was good with a small area for children to play. I found it disturbing that all plates, glasses, and cutlery were disposable. I find that this area tends to be progressive in green living and I was surprised to find that a hotel of this size is choosing to create so much waste with their breakfast service.

Overall, I would choose to stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the waterpark or are in the arcade hallway will be loud between 8am and 10pm.
Dear Jfenner01,

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your candid comments. I apologize for the noise and disturbance created by our housekeeping team and offer my apologies. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation and make them more aware of the impact of their actions. I appreciate your concerns, which we share, about the disposable plates in our breakfast area, and are looking at a variety of more eco friendly solutions. I hope you will be pleased with the changes we make on a future visit.

Lindstrom, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked a suite for a Monday and Tuesday evening earlier this month. My 2 daughters, myself and my mom planned a short get away to Duluth. Although the accomodations were nice and the waterpark was fun, I was disappointed in the customer service. We arrived at 3 pm which is check in time and were told our room was not ready yet. We waited 90 minutes for our room. It seems to me if you know you are having a big room turnover after a weekend that you should accommodate this by having more housekeepers on for the day. Nothing was offered to us for this delay in our stay. We also ordered a pizza down in the waterpark. When I went to pick it up I was told that they had given our pizza to someone else and needed to make us another one. So we had to wait for another pizza to be made. Even though these aren't huge deals and we would probably stay there again, it was very disappointing when you are spending that much money on a room.

My other suggestion is to improve the breakfast buffet. It was carb and sweet laden. Instead of fresh fruit, it was nasty canned fruit poured into big bowls. They need to look at some of their competitors who offer wonderful breakfasts with your stay.

1 Thank Kristin P
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Kristin P,

I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent stay and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced. We would like to do what we can to make amends and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com to discuss this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a patio room which was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpfull. The breakfast was great. There was food that everybody ate. My kids are 15 yrs and 10 months and they both enjoyed the stay. We plan on coming back. The kids loved the water park and enjoyed walking by lake superior.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Shannon P,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your great comments. It is always nice to receive positive feedback from happy guests, and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can serve you here again.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I read some of the reviews for this place and can't understand why there are some bad reviews.
I had my daughter and her family with. We stayed in the Tiki Tower 2 bedroom 2 bath. I couldn't have asked for a better set up. We were on the same floor as the pool entrance, so it was just a short walk. Since this is a family oriented location you should expect some noise but it quiets down after 10:30PM. The complimentary breakfast is geared to kids and offers a very wide selection. The lifeguards in the pool area are very attentive and are constantly watching and or helping. We found the place to be surprising clean considering the amount of traffic that goes through this place. The grandkids just loved everything about the Edgewater, and so did the adults, and they want to know when we can go back.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Tiki Tower
1 Thank 1DaKa
Dear 1DaKa,

Thank you for your visit and review of our hotel. It is guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Andover, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I tried to book a Tiki Hut Kid Suite online however none seemed available so I called the hotel. The employee I talked to not only found the room we wanted but was also able to give us the military discount which I hoped for but wasn't expecting since my husband is a veteran.

Our room was on the first floor at end of the hallway and our windows faced the outside pool. I was pleasantly surprised that I could barely hear any noise from outside our room whether it came from outside, the hallway or the room next door. The only downside to our room was that there was no table w/ four chairs (as shown in the pictures on the website) and the air conditioner was in the kids alcove which didn't cool down the rest of the room very well.

Overall we had a lot of fun at Edgewater! There was a lot to do and my kids never had a chance to get bored. I loved roasting marshmallows at sunset! I didn't see any graham crackers or chocolate but you can always bring your own. The only time the hotel felt crowded was at breakfast. The staff was always helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Tiki Hut Kid Suite has a lot of room however the kid's alcove is small.
Dear WallaBear,

First of all, thank you and your husband for your service to our country, we are very grateful. I'm sorry we didn't have the complete s'mores making menu available and offer my apologies. I will look into this and make whatever changes are necessary so this doesn't happen again. I'm glad you were generally happy with your stay and hope you will be our guest again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Edge the past 5 years for my granddaughters birthday. I reserved our room a month in advanced. No one notified me the weekend we were to arrive that the outdoor pool, the lazy river, and the water slides were all closed for construction. Her favorite food is the macaroni and cheese pizza but was removed from the menu for a shrimp pizza (I highly doubt the kids love that). Also the breakfast used to be wonderful and they did away with that as well. The year before I was placed in a room near the outdoor speakers where I repeatedly called the front desk at 11 at night asking if it could be turned down as we could not sleep. That same year I was charged for 5 days instead of 3 and had to call multiple times to get a refund that I waited a week for. THE YEAR BEFORE THAT I reserved the tiki suite only to be told someone was already in it. I did not receive a refund nor was I placed in a room similar. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Repeatedly-rippedoff
Dear Repeatedly Rippedoff,

I am very sorry we have disappointed you in so many areas, on so many visits, and offer my sincerest apologies. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid input we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We would like the opportunity to retain your trust and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com to discuss this further privately. I hope to hear from you soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Duluth hotels