“My kids LOVE this place!”

Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have stayed here a few times. Our most recent visit was by far the best :-) We were in a lakeside room on the 3rd floor with a beautiful balcony view of the aerial bridge, the lake and (most exciting for my 3 year old) the train tracks! The staff is always helpful and friendly! Our room may have been recently re done, it was very beautiful and clean! Thank you for always meeting our expectations time and time again!

• Stayed: August 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Heather1464,

Thank you for your many visits and for taking the time to share your review. I'm so glad you know you can count on us for great service and accommodations, and really appreciate your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you and your family every time you return to us.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Over all we had a great time!!! :-) The bunk room was so big! tons of room for all the kids and adults! We were not all crowed together.. like most hotel rooms! My kids loved the water park and all the fun games!!! Plus the pizza was really good!! :-)))))

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear JerricaAnn,

Thanks for including us in your birthday celebration fun! We love it when our guest choose to enjoy their special events here, and I'm glad you were happy with your room. I hope we can be a part of many more celebrations in your future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

OK, so I didn't hit the fun parts of the hotel. I was just up with a sports team for a tournament, and the kids did have a good time. There is a lot to do here. However, the room that I had, not in the main (fun) building, was a little disappointing. Not many hotels have square tube TVs anymore, but my room had one. The carpets in the room were not clean and the room (which had a nice view mind you) seemed dated. This section of the hotel, overlooking the mini-putt, needs updating and I considered making a donation at the checkout so they could afford a decent TV for the next guest. The breakfast is nice, but average. I can see why people like this hotel though .

Room Tip: Ask for a room with flat screen TVs. Maybe the rooms in the main building are more recently renovate...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sunshunner1
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear sunshunner1,

Thanks for sharing your candid remarks about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your room and offer my apologies. We value all guest feedback and use it to make improvements to our operation. I hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust the next time you are in Duluth.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed there last weekend and it was very nice. We had a lakeside room overlooking Lake Superior. It was nice to sit outside and enjoy the view.

Staff was friendly, check-in was quick, hotel, waterpark and rooms were clean and well kept. The kids really enjoyed the waterpark and lifeguards were very attentive. The arcade was a hit for our kids along with mini golf.

We did appreciate the shuttle to and from the tall ships down at the canal but we'd have to agree with a previous review it was a very long walk to the pick up spot at the courthouse, especially for the kids.

Our only complaint would be the day you check out you can not swim at the waterpark after 11am. By the time we woke up, loaded up the car and had breakfast we didn't have any time to swim. We've stayed at many hotels with waterparks in MN, IA and WI and we've always been allowed to swim and enjoy the facilities after our checkout time. We would have liked to stay and have lunch on site while the kids swam a couple of hours before leaving Duluth.

Still a very nice family hotel with plenty to do to keep kids busy. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mac O,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great comments. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your time here and really appreciate your nice comments. I'm sorry you were unhappy about not being able to swim after 11 am on your day of check out and offer my sincere apologies. We will take your remarks into consideration as we constantly strive to make improvements to our operation. I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My son had a medical emergency and the staff was absolutely phenomenal and extremely professional in handling the situation!!! Great training by the management. I will definitely return next year, thanks again for all your great help!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear momtwo10,

I'm glad we were able to be of assistance during your recent stay and appreciate your phenomenal remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again next year.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am shocked at some of the bad reviews on here for this hotel, especially the one below mine complaining about a 'free' pizza and having to walk a bit.. WOW!!!
Our family of 5 stayed in this hotel this past week.. we had an excellent time and I cannot think of one negative thing to say. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, our room was clean and comfortable and the water park was a blast!! Our kids had so much fun, we barely left the water at all in our two days there. The food at the grill was good as well. The continental breakfast was very good and there was a lot of yummy stuff to choose from. I was incredibly impressed with the attentiveness of the lifeguards, and they were all very friendly.
Our family had a great time and we will be returning as soon as we can!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear snowy1981,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post your excellent review and rating. It's guests like you that make our jobs of providing the best in service, accommodations, facilities and amenities, so very rewarding. We are happy to hear that you'll be back, and look forward to serving you and your family again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We love going to The Edge! The kids ALWAYS have a blast, and so do my husband and I. Great staff, great times! Great breakfasts, kids have plenty to choose from, which makes a mommy very happy. Duluth is always our first vacation choice!

Room Tip: Lakeview is always nice! :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Chelseymarie03,

Thank you so much for coming back with your family to stay with us again! It's really nice to receive such positive feedback, and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to serving you here during your future visits.