All reviewsmini golfbunk bedsdrink tokensthe indoor water parkoutdoor pool and hot tubbreakfast buffetedge waterwear and tearroom suitegreat view of lakenorth shorelake walklifeguardsarcadetikiwaterslidesgrandkids
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I go multiple times a year its fun friendly staff. The Polynesian plaza is outdated and parking sucks but get there earlier and request tiki tower and park your car. The grill is pricy but if they are not busy the food is amazing!

• Stayed: December 2012
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your many visits and 5 star rating of our hotel! Everyone here wants all our guests to enjoy themselves, and we really appreciate your kind words. We look forward to serving you here again soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have been here several times over the years. We usually come with a large crowd. 8-10 children and 6 adults. The rooms are always clean! The staff is friendly! The last time I stayed (I'm actually here right now). The lazy river and water slides were shut down for several hours. I didn't drive from the twin cities to Duluth for my kids to sit in their rooms watching tv and playing on various electronic devices. I tried talking with the manager on duty and he was not very cooperative. He simply offered to set me up in a different hotel. I would love to discuss this with a senior manager as this stay has been less than pleasant. My rooms were spread out across the campus. I didn't get my microwave. It took 3 calls to house keeping to bring bedding for the pull out couch. Also I did not get my ADA room. In the past none of these things were an issue but for some reason they could not get it together on this trip. I hope the rest of this trip is better!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your many visits and for taking the time to share your experiences here. I am truly sorry you were so disappointed with us and offer my sincere apologies. Another member of our management team has been in touch with you, and if you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Duluth, and that you will be back again soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed on December 22nd. Room with bunk beds for the kids right across from waterpark entrance. Really the noise once the park closed was not bad. It was very easy for the kids to go back and forth from the room to the arcade and waterpark. Room was clean and loved the elephant towel. Sink and vanity outside of bathroom which made it nice for getting ready. Room for sleeping six but two chairs and you really cannot sit on the bunks. Not so much fun for sitting around as a family in the room itself but works great for sleeping.

Staff friendly, plenty of lifeguards and I was lucky enough to get warm pool towels. One lifeguard staffed an activity table which was really nice when the kids needed a pool break.

Parking is lacking, be prepared to walk a little with luggage. Check-in took about a 1/2 hour. That was a bit of a bummer since the lobby is very small. During peak check-in times they might want to consider adding staff who just answers questions to those waiting in line. This might free up the check-in staff a bit.

Breakfast was good. Ceral, toast, yogurt etc. Pizza's good and fair price.

Room Tip: Much more convienient to be in the Tiki Tower. Lakeview or not, just easier to get around.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the room and waterpark, and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done. I am sorry your check in took longer than normal and offer my apologies. We welcome your input and are always trying to improve based on guest comments. I hope you will have a pleasant stay with us again soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We have gone here a couple of times. Lakeside rooms are definately quieter then waterpark side. They cater to families and the staff is always pleasant and helpful. Love the lifeguards at the park. They are constantly moving and watching. I felt extremely comfortable with my 8 year being able to play and move around without me being right next to her the whole time. Definately recommend, best rates for sun to thurs. Quite expensive on the weekend.

Room Tip: Stay in the building with the waterpark, it can be a cold walk across to the other building. But go for a lakeside room, just a bit quieter.
1  Thank ruralperham

Thank you for your many visits and nice review. I'm glad you find our hotel and waterpark to be a good value during the week, and encourage you to keep an eye on out for many wonderful upcoming deals. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

If you are looking for a fun time with your family the Edgewater can deliver but it is crazy loud and busy all hours of the day & night so don't plan on getting much sleep. The nice thing is that they have a variety of room styles so if you have a larger family or want to do a kids celebration getaway (birthday) you can even get rooms with multiple bathrooms & bunk beds!

Room Tip: Whatever you do don't get a room on the same level as the pool or the gameroom... it might seem like a good idea to be close when making the reservation but you will regret it since it is the highest traffic area.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank EagerAdventurer
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. The Edgewater Resort and Waterpark does offer a wide variety of activities and room types so that there is something for everyone. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your time here and hope you will let us serve you again soon.