“Really, really nice...but bring ear plugs if you sleep lightly!!”

Sheraton Duluth Hotel
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed March 6, 2010

This property was really a bargain for $100 a night. Free parking, remodeled room, Starbucks coffee in room, close to nearly everything, and a nice restaurant. The fitness center had nice equipment - the ones with TVs built in. The room was immaculate with a 32 inch (about) flat screen TV with HD channels and movies. Staff was always helpful and friendly. My one (and this isn't a small one) complaint is that when the doors close they are LOUD! And it's not the people. The doors are set up in a way that when you pull them shut you can't do it quietly. It's only a problem when you are trying to sleep and people are coming in late. I wasn't there on a weekend but I bet it would be tough to get a good night sleep without earplugs and a soother. Also the beds were a harder than expected and weren't as "sweet" as they advertise. I would definitely stay here again but I'd bring the ear plugs.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed February 15, 2010

I stayed here this past September and I will definately be back. I had a corner room (non lakeview) and it was one of the most quiet downtown rooms I've ever stayed in. Even though I didn't have a "lake view" room. I had a higher floor and I did still have a small view of the lake.

The bed was absolutely comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The desk was the length of one wall. I have never seen a desk this long before (or since) and the desk chair was like sitting on a cloud.

The bathroom was my favorite. It was the largest hotel bathroom I had seen. It had a nice walk-in shower. The bathroom was sparkling clean and that's important to me.

I stayed on the club floor. I wouldn't spend the extra money if your doing it for the snacks or breakfast because this feature alone doesn't make it worth the extra. The drinks were really overpriced and warm.

My only complaint was that I arrived at 2:30 and I had to wait almost an hour for my room to be ready. After a 5 hour drive I wasn't really happy about that, but after seeing my room it made up for it.

As others said, you do have to park in the ramp behind the hotel and this isn't really marked very well. I actually liked the idea as I think it's a lot safe.

I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant so I can't speak to their food and drinks.

When I return to Duluth later this spring, I will be returning to the Sheraton.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I stayed at the Sheraton with others for a wedding. The staff is amazing. I needed extra room keys and those were done quickly without hassle. Upon departing the parking ramp my room key did not work so I called the number and someone at the front desk came running around the block to open it for me. And, it was -20 degrees out! Also, I left a $30 Apple iphone charger in the room and I called the hotel later on that night when I noticed and yes they actually had it and then they took down my address and they are going to mail it to me. I am highly impressed with the gracious and friendly staff! The hotel is in a great location. The decor was cute and the Duluth art in the guest rooms was really nice. The view of Lake Superior was fabulous. Overall A+++++!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2009

A nice new hotel in the heart of Duluth!

Room was cozy, staff friendly and food was good!

I hope to stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I was thrilled to be a winner in their recent contest. I have nothing but good to say about this place. The employees were great, the room was nice, and we enjoyed our stay very much!

Thank you, Sheraton!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We stayed at the Sheraton for our first wedding anniversary. We had good service and the room was a nice size. If you stay here ask for a room with a lake view. The location was walking distance to Canal Park, the lighthouse and Fitgers. We probably won't be staying here again, the reason: we could hear people in the hallway walking, talking or coughing. Reason #1: we were woken up in the middle of the night by the couple in the room next to us. (use your imagination) The walls are by far way too thin!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Spacious rooms, great location - walking distance to Canal Park.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple