“Highly Recomended” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Highly Recomended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were greeted very warmly by Jenny at the front desk when we walked in the door. She went out of her way to make sure our first wedding anniversary was a special and memorable one. Great view of the lake from the 4th floor. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Doug B, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear George C,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us, and thank you for allowing us to be part of your special occasion!
Jenny is a valued member of our team, and I am thrilled to share your positive review of your experience with her.
Thank you again for your kind words, and we will look forward to giving you a warm welcome during your next visit to Duluth.

Sheraton Duluth Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Check in seemed impossible. Customer service was bad at the front desk but not at the bar. The bartender was nice and pleasant. The room was clean but outdated. The bathroom was pretty big. Took way too long to get extra towel. The Club room was nice. Food was ok. Check out seemed impossible.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Doug B, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear cmoore715,
Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

In regards to our service, I do apologize for your experience. I will certainly review our overall performance to ensure we are able to provide the best service possible moving forward.

Since you have mentioned a number of other items in your review, I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail to learn how you feel we could improve our overall services. You can reach me at 218-336-2719. I look forward to hearing from you.

Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I always try to balance my reviews between the good and the not as good, so first, the good.

The location is conveniently located in downtown Duluth. There are many restaurants nearby along with some of the more touristy things to do in Duluth.

The room was clean and the bathroom large, though the bathroom has these odd French doors with an opening where they come together which doesn't provide a lot of privacy. We had a room on the lakeside which provided a nice view of Lake Superior and the lift bridge.

The linens were nice and the bed and pillows comfortable.

Now, the not so good. Be prepared for a hike from the parking ramp to the hotel. Lots of elevators, skywalks and hallways to maneuver. Each time you leave you need to have your parking ticket validated. A hassle when there was a line at the front desk.

There are no drawers in the room-this is irritating but my son and I made due.

Though housekeeping kept our room clean we were constantly having to leave notes for items they needed to restock. The last night we were close to running out of toilet paper and the coffee had not been restocked. I called the front desk and they said I could come down to pick the items up - no apology for the inconvenience or offer to have someone bring these items to the room.

This is, by far, the noisiest hotel I have stayed in my entire life. Each time someone down the hall left the room the doors slammed with such a noise the whole room shook. I stayed there five nights and each morning was awakened to such noise-most mornings this began at 5:00 am. Even those considerate folks who tried to ease their door shut could not prevent it from making a loud noise.

On Sunday morning I overheard the manager on duty being short and rude with guests. This is unnecessary and inexcusable under any circumstance.

Suffice it to say I would never stay at this hotel again should I find myself back in Duluth, nor can I recommend it to others.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Doreen M
Dear Doreen M,

I am glad that you found our location convenient, and the accommodations clean and comfortable. As for the noise and level of service you encountered, I do apologize for your experience. I will certainly review the overall performance of our service to ensure we are able to provide the best service possible moving forward.

Stroudsburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Very nice hotel.. Very clean and the staff is very friendly and informative. Locaction is convienient to many local restaurants (well within walking distance). View of the lake is very impressive. The ghotel has a very good bar and restaurant with food pricing in a lower than average hotel range. A lot of local product is offered. The smoked lake whitefish is not to be missed. Happy hour appetizers and beer and wine. There is also a "Skywalk" that connects to buildings and areas all over the downtown. Highly recommended very moderately priced full service hotel in a D/T area.

Room Tip: get a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear fradel61,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself! We feel fortunate to be located in such a beautiful spot, and I am glad you took the time to explore while you were in Duluth.
I am excited to share your comments with our staff, they work hard to provide great service and it is fun to celebrate their success. Our Executive Chef, Kevin Ilenda, will be happy to hear you specifically enjoyed his whitefish as it is a personal favorite of his as well.
Thank you again for taking the time to review your experience here. We will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit do Duluth.

Warm Regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Duluth Sheraton on a Saturday evening in March due to the location in Downtown Duluth and being billed as "Dog Friendly". The room was by far more expensive than any other room in town, but we believed it to be worth it due to being dog friendly and offering amenities such as dog bowls and dog bed.

We requested a room away from the elevator to avoid voices and loud noises disturbing our very tired pup. The staff placed us on the "dog floor" directly across from the ice machine inside the hotel and the bus stop outside the hotel. Despite our requests for a quite room, we were placed in one of the loudest.

We briefly left our room with our 9lb pup safely kenneled and quickly received a call from the front desk that our dog was barking and was not to be left alone at any time while we were staying at the hotel (barking was unconfirmed as we returned to a sleeping dog). The front desk staff then made us complete a dog waiver, and treated us poorly even though they did not explain at check in nor did the hotel website detail that we were "never to leave the dog unattended".
None of the dog friendly amenities, or niceties were extended to us during our stay. I would not recomend this hotel when traveling with your pet.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank ionx
Dear Ionx,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel, I appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet, nor exceed your expectations.
We strive to provide a warm and comfortable stay for all of our guests, human and canine alike. It is regrettable that you did not receive your preferred room placement in the hotel, and that you did not receive your pet's amenities.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 218-336-2719, if you would like to discuss your experience further.
Thank you again for your comments, I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to Duluth.

Warm Regards,

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

A quick overnight business trip to Duluth. First time staying at this property.

Reasonable rate. Excellent accommodations. Friendly staff who helped me navigate to the hotel from the airport when my GPS wasn't properly functioning. Appreciated the Starwood Club floor and the warm and inviting 6th Floor Club Room, which had an adequate complimentary continental breakfast selection. The short duration of my visit did not allow for utilizing any other onsite amenities such as fitness center or restaurant, so cannot comment or rate those.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We went as a last minute trip which we booked while in the USA Beautiful and clean room with good view from the front staff very welcoming bar area very comfortable and restaurant enjoyable but pool area could have do with a little more tlc

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple