“Excellent place, but select your room wisely.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Duluth Hotel

Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent place, but select your room wisely.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My first visit to Duluth. Two nights in this fairly new property. Nicest Sheraton I've ever been in. I tend to avoid the brand due to horrible experiences in the 80's and 90's. My room was on 3rd floor on front side of building along Superior Street. Avoid that side of the building if you like to sleep! There is an Irish pub across the street and they patron hang on the sidewalk to smoke and they get rowdy! I was there on a Monday and Tuesday night and it was impossible to sleep, can't imagine what it is like on a weekend. But I had a nice lake view. That's the tradeoff. If you value quiet over view, specify a room on the backside. Traffic noise was an issue as well, lots of Harley's around here, and the 5am dumpster run didn't help either.

Room Tip: Rooms in back should be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Doug M,

Thank you for writing these comment about your time with us, your suggestions will prove to be helpful to future guests. I am sorry you experienced excess noise during your stay, it is an infrequent incident and I regret you were disturbed. We hope you will choose us again during future visits to Duluth, and I will be happy to make your next reservation personally. Please feel free to call me at 218-336-2719 so that we can ensure we find a room that works well for you.
Thank you again for your review of our hotel, we will look forward to reconnecting with you soon.

Sheraton Duluth Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My fiance and I were in duluth for a wedding and out of convenience chose the Sheraton. We paid $250 for one night in a king lakeside room, which I felt was a little steep for the city but the reception venue was next door so figured it would work best for us. Check in time was set for 3pm which luckily we got into our room on time since we needed to dash in to change and be out quickly. But even with just a few seconds to look over our room we noticed extremely dirty windows (inside & out), dirt all over our white comforter cover, random long dark hairs on our sheets and bathroom vanity top (I'm a blonde...) and just an overall feeling we got completely ripped off. At the reception we spoke with many of our friends that were still waiting to get into their rooms!!! It was after 4pm and check in time was at 3pm but they had three weddings booked and could not empty and clean rooms fast enough to accommodate their paying guests so our friends were forced to get ready in the public bathrooms... talk about frustrating! All I can say is for $150 less we could of stayed at the Holiday Inn and had the same experience but taken some extra cash home which I would rather spend on something much more worth while.

Room Tip: My mother travels for business to Duluth frequently and she said the best hotel choice is the Hilton...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank WellTraveled61
Dear WellTraveled61,

My name is Doug Bremer, and I am the Director of Sales & Marketing at the Sheraton Duluth Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that we aim to provide for you. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments about the housekeeping issues you encountered in your guestroom – we would like to be able to correct this immediately. Please feel free to contact me at 218-336-2719 so I can investigate this further, as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our daughter got married and we had several rooms for the event that took place at the Greysolon Ballroom. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were very clean. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Two of our rooms were adjoined rooms which made it very nice for our big family. The doors for the bathrooms were a bit different. Very convenient and within walking distance to many area restaurants and pubs. We will stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear BreezeM0m,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel, and congratulations on your daughter's marriage!
We are always honored to be included as a part of the experience during these very special events , and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us.
We will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Duluth, and thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We loved our stay! We had such a beautiful room with a great view of Lake Superior. We have family in the area and will definitely stay here again. The location is perfect! We walked down to the harbor.
We also loved the decor. It was updated and luxurious.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Traveler A,

Thank you for choosing us, I am excited that you have chosen us to be the place where your family gathers. A walk down to the harbor is a great way to spend a day in Duluth, and we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed two nights at this Hotel late July. Great location, within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. Very friendly staff, and a pub across the street that open late night! The room were comfortable, spacious and clean. The best part waking up to a view of the lake and a gorgeous sunrise!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gl0balTraveller45,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, it is great to hear that our staff made you feel warm and welcome!
We feel fortunate to live in the greatest city on the greatest lake, and I am thrilled that we were able to share a sunrise with you.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments, we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Duluth.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We spent just one night here during our long travels. The hotel and rooms are decent size, clean and the beds will not disappoint you. They are extremely comfortable! We didn't check in until 10pm so the restaurant was closing. Our check in help was friendly and quick. However the girl that checked us out was miserable and lacking customer service skills. We were given a recommendation to head down the street to Fitger's Brewery pub for a bite to eat. The food was good and a nice alternative to the hotel restaurant.
Don't leave any valuable in your car while in the parking garage! The parking is an adjacent public parking garage and the hotel does validate for free parking. There are cameras in some corners of the garage however, as we were leaving in the morning the police were there and several vehicles had windows broken and items stolen. Just keep that in mind when parking during your future stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Carrie_Callum,
Thank you for taking the time to post these comments, I hope the rest of your long travels were enjoyable.
I am happy to hear that your overall Duluth experience was good, and I am sorry that we weren't able to exceed your expectations during your check-out process. I will share this with our team to ensure we don't recreate this for future visits to Duluth.
Thank you for your suggestion about avoiding leaving valuables in vehicles, this is good advice regardless of where a person parks. It is very infrequent for any damage or theft to occur in the parking ramp adjacent to our building, so I regret that your experience may have left a negative impression.
Thank you again for your review of your time with us, and I look forward to reconnecting with you during your next stay in Duluth.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love this Sheraton! The views of Lake Superior are amazing. The club room service was a little awkward but still offered a fair amount of variety. The room was clean and the Sheraton beds do not disappoint. The location on a street lined with head shops and rehab clinics is the only low point for this hotel but safety does not appear to be an issue.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Doug B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear tenthousandlakes,
Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed yourself while you were with us!
You will be pleased to hear that our neighborhood is continuing to improve with more arts and dining additions, as well as the renovation and re-opening of a very historic and beautiful theater. I am excited for you to see the improvements during your next stay with us.
Thank you again for your comments, and we will look forward to your next visit.