“Perfect choice”

Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Centerton, Arkansas
“Perfect choice”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Attended business meeting in Duluth for 4 nights. Room was clean and spacious. You get to easily opt out of daily room cleanings for hotel credits toward food and bar. Credits can not be used in store. Perfect location for several area restaurants and activities. Floors 5 and up have great view of lake.

I felt safe walking around at night with a group, but I wouldn't have otherwise.

Room Tip: The higher the better view. View on other side of hotel is of a wall.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Karen P, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear AlwaysAMomFirst,

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is important to us and we value what you have to say.

It sounds like you appreciated our Make A Green Choice program which does allow you a restaurant credit or SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) points. We see it as a win/win. You have the opportunity to help us be more sustainable and we thank you by letting you chose each day a restaurant credit or SPG points.

I hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again for work or for relaxation. Again, thank you for your gift of feedback!

Karen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
San Gabriel, California
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed here with sister & niece. Very happy with room - spacious, comfortable & very clean. The beds were comfortable. Only negative was we paid for a lake view not realizing the view was from the bedroom, not the living room. We did not spend a lot of time in the room however since we were out sightseeing, so it didn't make any difference. Parking was easy - just a short walk away. Used the jacuzzi & pool - surprised to find it was salt water. The entire staff was "top notch". Would visit again with no qualms!

Room Tip: If requesting lake view room, make sure the view is from the room where you will spend most of your...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear dcc6825,

Thank you for your feedback. Our associates work very hard to understand what is important to you and all of our guests. Sharing your “top notch” comment I’m sure will bring a lot of smiles to many associates faces!

Your feedback regarding the clarification of the lakeview for the room type you had is very valuable and know that it will be shared. Something maybe we take for granted but is a detail that sure can make an impact.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you return to Duluth!
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here with family members. The hotel is only a couple years old is very clean. A notch above many other hotels in Duluth. Right in downtown, so close to the lakefront area but not so close that you are dealing with a lot of congestion, people walking, etc. There are fun places to go to right around the hotel, including Fitgers.
The restaurant downstairs was a nice little stop off for a mimosa in the morning. They also had some sort of free appetizer event in one of the upper floor's common areas and we thought that was pretty cool. All in all, we were all impressed and will likely stay there again next time we are in Duluth. It's a great location to be able to be close to the lakefront yet off the beaten path a little so you feel like you are experiencing more of the downtown area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear AJS22,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel and our location. We too think this end of downtown offers a lot of restaurants and shops all within walking distance. Reading that you will make the Sheraton Duluth Hotel your choice the next time your travels brings you back puts a smile on our faces! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and know that your comments are shared with our associates as well. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Fridley, Minnesota
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel was exceptional from start to finish. I booked a King room on the "club level" online and it was not what I had expected (purely my fault). I went back to the front desk and asked about available rooms. Ryan was very accommodating and found us the room we were looking for (fridge, fireplace, whirlpool, lake view and still on the club level) for our 2 night stay. The lounge was a nice place to grab something to drink or eat when needed. The workout facilities were roomy and had the necessary equipment for a good workout. I did not have time to use the pool. However, I did check out the temperature of the water which was pleasant but the hot tub needed a little work (tiles were missing). The parking was free and located behind the hotel. We were within walking distance of everything downtown and very close to the lake walk. Our room view was the best part of our stay besides the service!

Room Tip: Lake view is the only way to go and "club level" is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen P, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Kristin J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to hear Ryan was able to find you the perfect accommodations. We value your input and are always looking for ways to learn and grow. Please know it is important to us that our property stay looking sharp. I would imagine if you returned down the road you will find our whirlpool refreshed and looking its best, we certainly acknowledge your comment. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Duluth.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed September 8, 2012

What a treat!!!! Clean - comfy - great staff - Club Room upstairs is staffed by young professionals who made our four night stay that much nicer. Parking a breeze and convenient - but it's a short walk away. Great way to start the day. If you can get a lake-side room with view - WOW!!!! Lake Superior is just that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TWINPORTS,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. To hear your stay was everything you had hoped for is exactly what we hope to accomplish with each of our guests. Our housekeeping associates will certainly have smiles on their faces knowing you noticed their efforts. Your comment about our Club Lounge attendants, many of whom are college students and our future budding professionals, will certainly reinforce their efforts to connect with our guests. And we couldn't agree more about the splendors of Lake Superior! No matter the season that lake seems to always be a show stopper. We are delighted your stay was excellent and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This must be the fifth or sixth time we've stayed at this Sheraton. Three kids, two 60 pound dogs, mom and dad. This place works for us on so many levels. First, I have travelled a lot for work (Delta Platinum Elite) and I am very fussy about my hotel bed. These beds meet my expectations: great mattress, great sheets, great big feather comforter. I SLEEP when we stay here. Secondly, the staff are professional, helpful and seemingly always smiling. Josh the barman poured me three sample sips of wine to help me choose my gorgeous delicious Meritage with dinner. Sonia the club concierge lent me her tray to bring the kids OJ and hot cocoa in the morning. Jenny at the front desk was just generally competent and cheerful. I don't know who trains this staff, but they are doing a fabulous job. Third must have: the place is clean. Crazy, fabulous, really clean. All I've travelled, I have got to have clean, and this Sheraton has always been wonderful. Extra cool stuff: I love the retro tile in the bathrooms, I love that you are half a block from the lakewalk so you can easily take the woofities out for a walk in the morning, I love the espresso maker in the club lounge. Iffy: Shampoo is low quality, bring your own. The skywalk from the parking lot is long, but at this point in our comfort level with the place the kids and dogs use it as a space to run after having been cooped up in the car. The neighborhood is not St. Germaine, but it's not awful either; I was comfortable walking with the dogs and my kid in the morning. If you want to bring he family pet or if you just want the charm of Duluth without staying in the madness that is Canal Park, this is your place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Karen P, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Marriedtenplusyrs,

You fill our spirits with enthusiasm and a reason to keep striving with this review! The associates who work here strives to deliver exceptional service and yet we know there is always opportunities to grow and do even better. However, moments like this that gives us a chance to pause and celebrate the hard work. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our associates, especially those who truly made a difference. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when traveling to Duluth. I hope the next time you are here I get to thank you in person as well.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is not the nicest Sheraton that we have experienced. The location is not the best for walking to things. The neighborhood is a bit scarey. We always ask for a quiet room and the first room they gave us was right across the hall from both the elevator and the ice machine. We asked to move and we were placed in a quieter room. I guess they just ignored the first request. The next room was not quite clean. I will not go into detail but will say that the bathroom needed to be cleaned - gross!
There is a Hampton Inn down by the Riverwalk that looks nice. Have no idea what it is like inside but the location alone is so much better. If I ever had to return to Duluth, I would give the Hampton a try.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen P, General Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Yogadaph,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience. I have shared your concerns for safety with our Greater Downtown Council and the Clean and Safe Team who work very closely with the DPD. I am confident in saying; we all want you to feel safe while traveling to Duluth. Your review doesn't stop there however. Feedback is our opportunity to reinforce and celebrate the things we do well or an opportunity to learn, change and grow. Your feedback regarding our failure to meet your cleanliness expectation will be shared with our housekeeping team. What a great opportunity to learn, change and grow you've provided. I'm confident should you choose to stay with us the next time you are in Duluth, you will experience our growth through feedback.